CA - Hasanni Campbell, 5, Oakland, 10 Aug 2009 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF? This comes from a news article AWC posted on the info thread....post #33.

"Law enforcement sources say Ross reported taking the boy with him earlier that day to the Hayward Pick Your Part auto salvage yard.

The trip was unusual, authorities said, because even though Ross said he was looking for a particular part, witnesses told authorities that he had left without getting out of the car to look for it."
Yet another version of what happened at the junk yard? I did hear previously that he had left without getting the part, but this is the first I've heard of him never getting out of the car. Earlier, it seemed the story was he'd gotten out and left the two kids in the car. :waitasec: MOO

Weird. I had been looking for the article I'd read that said both kids were left in the car, and read comments on another board that said he hadn't left the car and was looking for the news report they were talking about.

Found lots of articles but not any that specifically said he'd left BOTH kids in the car. And now it appears that he didn't get out either?

Can you drive around in this salvage yard? If the part was small (what was the particular part I wonder?) you'd never know whether they had it ... :confused:

BBM

I guess you'd look for the make and model of the whole car, then get out to see if it had the part. It's like a U-Pick place, right? The cars are there, and you take the stuff off yourself?

Dunno...

BBM

I guess you'd look for the make and model of the whole car, then get out to see if it had the part. It's like a U-Pick place, right? The cars are there, and you take the stuff off yourself?

Dunno...

I don't know how those places work! Maybe the workers remove the part for you after you find the right make and model vehicle?

LR really does seem genuinely upset, anguished, angry and frustrated -- from what they have said it does sound like they have fought for them. Therapy for Hasanni was mentioned one time, etc etc.

What keeps knocking me for a loop is that Hasanni was grabbed (if he was grabbed) and disappeared within a one or two minute time frame, in such a peaceful, harmless-seeming area! You'd think that LR would have had to see a perp or someone lurking around...I guess stranger things have happened. If he really was feeling rushed he might not have noticed someone passing by. Maybe they should hypnotize him! he might remember something that he wasn't aware of consciously (like a person coming down the street or by the back of the alley).

Sorry--I just keep going around and around with this.

I thought it was interesting what the policeman said about lack of leads. That is sad. Maybe the reward money will be enough to make someone rat out the perp (if there is a perp).
The only thing that makes sense to me if Hassani was taken from the alley is it was by somebody he knew and went willingly without a fuss. Otherwise I'd think there'd be a commotion that the people across the street at the restaurant might notice. And there seems to be only that one way out of the alley if the perp had a car. I'm still suspicious of the whole thing though which seems like a set up to make it look like he could've been taken from there. MOO

:crazy::woohoo:Think I finally got it - take a look:

Who said OCD doesn't come in handy ?

Seriously, great find and I think you're right !!!
I was confused because I've seen her age reported as 30 and 33.

I don't know how those places work! Maybe the workers remove the part for you after you find the right make and model vehicle?
I'm not sure either. There are some places where you help yourself and others where somebody does it for you. Either way I don't think LR would be able to just drive around the place. He'd probably have to park and go look on foot if it's a self-serve place. MOO

I know, I feel the same way, my head is spinning.

I was looking for an update on the vigil but I guess it will have to wait until tomorrow!! I think my brain needs a rest...Poor Hasanni....

I can sympathize. I go back and forth each time I see both of them interviewed. However, my wife did make it to the vigil today and I have information, her impressions and some helpful pictures to post later.

Argh, I don't know!

LR *does* sound believable.

I *can* imagine going somewhere and then just not being able to face it, and driving off (two tiny kids in a junkyard - yep! Esp if one is crying.)

I *can* imagine that this is a horrible "just turned my back for a minute and the kid was snatched" scenario. It does happen!

Ugh.

For info, my brother used to go to our local "Pick Your Part" type place when he was a teen, "pimping" his car. It's just rows upon rows of cars, sometimes together in makes/models, usually not, and you go in and wander around and find what you want. You remove it yourself (so take your own toolbox in) and then pay on the way out, depending on what you find. I remember my brother and his friends perfecting the art of stashing smaller objects in their toolboxes and walking out without paying.... *cough* :rolleyes:

I'm not sure either. There are some places where you help yourself and others where somebody does it for you. Either way I don't think LR would be able to just drive around the place. He'd probably have to park and go look on foot if it's a self-serve place. MOO

It really might be possible to drive around the lot just to see if you can spot the kind of car you are looking for.

I also agree that, with a couple crying kids, it is possible he just looked around and then said, "screw it."

I do that sort of thing all the time, myself (well, not at auto parts places), and I only have one child.

I can sympathize. I go back and forth each time I see both of them interviewed. However, my wife did make it to the vigil today and I have information, her impressions and some helpful pictures to post later.

Cool, FF! Look forward to reading more later.

WTF? This comes from a news article AWC posted on the info thread....post #33.

"Law enforcement sources say Ross reported taking the boy with him earlier that day to the Hayward Pick Your Part auto salvage yard.

The trip was unusual, authorities said, because even though Ross said he was looking for a particular part, witnesses told authorities that he had left without getting out of the car to look for it."

Wonder if Ross used his cell-phone from the salvage yard, and if so, was it to throw people off or to provide an alibi? Sorry, I think he's guilty as heck. Maybe, just maybe, there was another person involved. Yes he sounds sincere but so do most narcissistic sociopaths. mho

Great, thank you ForensicsFan! I'll look forward to this.

Who said OCD doesn't come in handy ?

Seriously, great find and I think you're right !!!
I was confused because I've seen her age reported as 30 and 33.

LOL on the OCD .......... eleph

The only thing that makes sense to me if Hassani was taken from the alley is it was by somebody he knew and went willingly without a fuss. Otherwise I'd think there'd be a commotion that the people across the street at the restaurant might notice. And there seems to be only that one way out of the alley if the perp had a car. I'm still suspicious of the whole thing though which seems like a set up to make it look like he could've been taken from there. MOO

I'm wondering: how did Adam Walsh's abductor get him to go with him, w/o creating a stir ? Maybe this perp (if there was one) did something similar? Little Hasanni looks like such a pleasant little guy, I wonder if he would have screamed or made a fuss even if the person grabbed him and ran?

BBM

Dunno...

I've been to our local U Wrench It and it looks alot like the place LR visited.
There are rules. You have to use your own tools, kids are not allowed in the yard. There's a waiting room. When we went with my hubby, the kids and I had to wait in that room. They had a TV and some toys for the kids.
There was a price list, what's cool is that say you need a starter, regardless of what kind of car you have, they all cost the same. Truck parts cost more.
You pull your part, get in line and pay. I hated it, it always took a long time to look through all the cars even though they're separated by make. Then you have to hope that it's not so picked over that your parts gone. Most of the time, we left empty handed.
This is really bringing back lousy and boring memories. But since I bought a new car two years ago, I haven't gone back.
If I could afford a late model beemer, there's no way I'd spend the time looking for part they might not even have.
What's the name of the place ? Maybe we can find their rules online.
I don't think they would have let LR go in with either child.

Weird. I had been looking for the article I'd read that said both kids were left in the car, and read comments on another board that said he hadn't left the car and was looking for the news report they were talking about.

Found lots of articles but not any that specifically said he'd left BOTH kids in the car. And now it appears that he didn't get out either?

Can you drive around in this salvage yard? If the part was small (what was the particular part I wonder?) you'd never know whether they had it ... :confused:

u know that has been in the back of my mind
My husband has taken our son a million times to the junkyard here in town.
well, he went to a pull-a-part junkyard in knoxville and there a big sign no one under 16 allowed in. so he had to turn around and come home and not go in.

maybe they have the same policy and he didnt know jmo
http://www.pullapart.com/About/How.aspx

I'm wondering: how did Adam Walsh's abductor get him to go with him, w/o creating a stir ? Maybe this perp (if there was one) did something similar? Little Hasanni looks like such a pleasant little guy, I wonder if he would have screamed or made a fuss even if the person grabbed him and ran?
I do think people are a lot more observant nowdays than when little Adam was abducted. What still sticks with me though is LR supposedly popped open the trunk of the car which would've blocked the view of anybody from across the street. It also seems if the perp had a car, where did he put it? How far would the perp have to carry Hassani and wouldn't it have to be back out onto the street? And all this within the couple of minutes when LR went down the street to the front of the shoe store? And this "routine" didn't seem so regular that a perp would be waiting or know they were going to show up just then. :waitasec: MOO

I do think people are a lot more observant nowdays than when little Adam was abducted. What still sticks with me though is LR supposedly popped open the trunk of the car which would've blocked the view of anybody from across the street. It also seems if the perp had a car, where did he put it? How far would the perp have to carry Hassani and wouldn't it have to be back out onto the street? And all this within the couple of minutes when LR went down the street to the front of the shoe store? And this "routine" didn't seem so regular that a perp would be waiting or know they were going to show up just then. :waitasec: MOO

Good points.

u know that has been in the back of my mind
My husband has taken our son a million times to the junkyard here in town.
well, he went to a pull-a-part junkyard in knoxville and there a big sign no one under 16 allowed in. so he had to turn around and come home and not go in.

maybe they have the same policy and he didnt know jmo
http://www.pullapart.com/About/How.aspx
If that were the case though how did these witnesses (version #1) see the kids left in the car or (version #2) hear/see Hassani crying? The initial impression I got from earlier articles was that the kids were left in the car for at least a few minutes while LR was looking for parts. MOO

Great questions!!! Ross was an hour early from his usual routine. Who would know that info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine