a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people around me were laughing at ALV not at Juan. Now D and some of her ex-con friends may have been laughing at Juan, but that's par for the course.

I thought JS could have been a little more commanding in her admonition to the gallery. "If you don't mind, please consider not laughing in the courtroom. Or not. Whatever."

Couldn't agree more. Anyone paying attention can also see how shallow & dishonest Willmott has proven herself to be. How is this woman a death penalty qualified attorney? She behaves in a courtroom like a petulant 5 year old, CLEARLY shaking her head yes or no to tell witnesses how to answer a question!!
She thinks standing up at the table will somehow stop the train that is Juan Martinez. I'm disgusted watching her snarky little objections accompanied by smirks & outright laughing. What IS that?? Take your job seriously!

You watch, she will try to haul Juan up to the sidebar bench every 2 minutes in an effort to slow that train down.. "Objection!! Your honor, may we approach?" Let's just hope the judge has the guts to use the authority she's been given by the state of Arizona and say "NO, you may not ~ overruled." For the love of pete lady, please start saying no to this woman!

I have been a member for awhile but haven't been on here in a long time. I am now up to speed (I think) with this case. Anyway, remember Judge Belvin Perry telling Baez NO when he wanted to approach. There were a million sidebars in that trial too. This judge never uses her position to just say no. JM is an amazing prosecutor. He really takes his position as victim advocate seriously. I saw a clip of him in action during a hearing in prison. The inmate wanted to have life instead of the dp. JM put everything into context and stated the obvious. He was a passionate advocate for the victim even years later. The inmate was denied his petition.

Found something very interesting from huffington post! JA artwork being sold on e-bay. Picture of Snow White with a Black Eye from back in Jan. She drew while in court on lined paper! Go to: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n2576387.html I don't know how to get it over here so you have to type it in yourself. Check it out . Someone bid $250.00 for it. Family member sends them. Wow!!!!

I thought JS could have been a little more commanding in her admonition to the gallery. "If you don't mind, please consider not laughing in the courtroom. Or not. Whatever."

When she gave the admonition to the gallery we took it seriously. She is soft-spoken but we know she means business. :)

I was not one of those laughing. But I did catch myself rolling my eyes a couple of times.

Wow, It just goes to show how pathetic the DT and their side is. Jodi's bestest buddy was hooting and hollerin so much she had to cover her entire head. Of course the front row acted as if they were at a football game. Again I say Jodi's advocate should not have her job, the criminal Donovan shouldn't be allowed in the door much less to tattle on anyone who she doesn't want there but acts totally inappropriate.

Katie, was Jodi's mother there yesterday? I could have sworn it was just the aunt who showed up but maybe mom showed up later in the day?

ETA: Woops, sorry was typing when Katie's post was made. So, anyone in the room yesterday can you confirm if mom was there?

Hope you get to feeling better Katie :seeya:

Yes, her mother was there. She was sitting next to the man on the first row. She was aisle seat. The twin was not there.
HTH

PASA, did you get any visual on the jury when JW and ALV were laughing and smiling? I was completely floored how casual the tone was, w/ ALV going so far as to drop the word "excited." Holy mackerel. :what:

Any read on them as you saw it? TIA. :)

When she gave the admonition to the gallery we took it seriously. She is soft-spoken but we know she means business. :)

I was not one of those laughing. But I did catch myself rolling my eyes a couple of times.
One of Samantha's eye rolls were caught on camera yesterday morning. I'm so sorry she has to be in this situation but boy can she do the roll!

Katie (when you rest up) and Pasa (when you get time) or any other court watcher who's been there enough to set my mind at ease.... I've been feeling kinda worried about House Wife because of times she seems to take notes per the post here. Should I be? Are any of you?

Are there any particular ones that you are concerned about?

PS I sooo want CEO to make the cut.

I can't say 100% about any of the jurors but from what I can tell she isn't a problem for the prosecution.
She looks, to me, like she's trying her best to pay attention to the entire trial.

I hope CEO makes the cut too. It's random, but if it was up to ja all the women would be gone.
From watching the jury I think she will be found guilty.

He sounds like a level headed sweetie! Pls give him a hug and tell him he has a following on WS. :floorlaugh: That oughta crack him up!

But seriously it is nice to hear a man's thoughts on this. So 'thank him kindly' too.

He would be embarrassed but flattered. :)

I ask him his opinion and when he says "she won't get the DP", I have to point out she will. He says she will be found guilty but get LWOP. He says she deserves the DP but feels she won't get that sentence. My response to him is
:furious::furious::furious: LOL!!

He would be embarrassed but flattered. :)

I ask him his opinion and when he says "she won't get the DP", I have to point out she will. He says she will be found guilty but get LWOP. He says she deserves the DP but feels she won't get that sentence. My response to him is
:furious::furious::furious: LOL!!

My biggest fear is that the judge will be required by law to include the lesser charge of manslaughter. If this jury is divided they may compromise on lesser charges. IIRC in Arizona, manslaughter = 12-15 years. Minus time served she could walk in 5-6 years. :what:

I agree with Mr Pasa...she deserves the DP but maybe she won't get it. There is so much that we know that is not allowed in court. :sigh:

We love the PASA's!!! Love a good man who is there to support his woman. And PASA well she goes without saying. She's tiny but she packs a punch. ;) And she sneaks up on ya with her humor. Pay attention. lol

BBM - I found it completely unprofessional that the DT's note-passing-person (sorry don't know her title) not only burst out laughing but appeared to be ready for that line and was on the verge of laughing for a minute prior.

They were very animated the whole time they sat there. At one point ALV commented on Travis' text and the woman with the dark hair was making a face and shaking her head as if she were disgusted. It was like a party for these two. That was before I knew they were there for ALV. jmo

Oh wait forgot to mention the cherry on the top of yesterday was with PASA and I walking to the car (she walked me to MY car I should say) and we went past the media trucks on the way. At an intersection some lady was waving wildly at us from her car and it's a bit of a sketchy neighborhood so we were both like "uh oh what's that?".

It was Beth Karas! lol Waving and saying hello and we had a little exchange before her light turned green.

Totally cool. :) We are having so many fortunate experiences being involved with this trial we said to each other.

I too cannot watch the defense testify- it is way to painful. Can' wait to watch Juan cross this so called expert. i do have to say i am stunned at her snarky attitude; she reminds me of jodi on the stand. combative and rude. can't imagine the jury is impressed with her defiance when responding to "Mr. Martinez".

ALV is showing how to stand up against an abusive man Kidding of course She making an arse of herself:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Speaking of Beth, I just followed up with an email about the ALV boundary violation yesterday. Also Steve Kucj who did the ABC story. I want this ironic behavior exposed. This kind of abuse to victims goes unchecked ALL the time. Maybe since Sam is a police officer they think she's "tougher". She still is entitled to FULL RIGHTS of a Victim.

They were very animated the whole time they sat there. At one point ALV commented on Travis' text and the woman with the dark hair was making a face and shaking her head as if she were disgusted. It was like a party for these two. That was before I knew they were there for ALV. jmo

That whole specticle was disgusting, I truly can't verbalize my distaste for the disrespect that entire group shows to the Alexanders and the death of Travis

JA drawing over there....short strokes then erases, now fiddling with her pencil under the table. Sneaky.

She's makin' a shiv!!!!!!!! :great:

Speaking of Beth, I just followed up with an email about the ALV boundary violation yesterday. Also Steve Kucj who did the ABC story. I want this ironic behavior exposed. This kind of abuse to victims goes unchecked ALL the time. Maybe since Sam is a police officer they think she's "tougher". She still is entitled to FULL RIGHTS of a Victim.

I can't even imagine what that dolt would possibly have to say to her after the way she spoke about Travis. She should have ran straight to the restroom and stuck her head in the toilet. Shameful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member