Malaysia airlines plane may have crashed 239 people on board #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was helpful:

Another clue is that part of the Boeing 777's Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) was shut off.

The system, which has two parts, is used to send short messages via a satellite or VHF radio to the airline's home base. The information part of the system was shut down, but not the transmission part. In most planes, the information part of the system can be shut down by hitting cockpit switches in sequence in order to get to a computer screen where an option must be selected using a keypad, said Goglia, an expert on aircraft maintenance.

That's also something a pilot would know how to do, but that could also be discovered through research, he said.

But to turn off the other part of the ACARS, it would be necessary to go to an electronics bay beneath the cockpit. That's something a pilot wouldn't normally know how to do, Goglia said, and it wasn't done in the case of the Malaysia plane. Thus, the ACARS transmitter continued to send out blips that were recorded by the Inmarsat satellite once an hour for four to five hours after the transponder was turned off. The blips don't contain any messages or data, but the satellite can tell in a very broad way what region the blips are coming from and adjusts the angle of its antenna to be ready to receive message in case the ACARS sends them. Investigators are now trying to use data

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/16/malaysia-airlines-takeover_n_4972889.html

I believe ACARS either still transmits until the transmitter device itself is damaged and probably still transmitted even after a crash OR it continues to look for a flight and send monitoring messages based on a scheduled flight plan, based on at least one other similar incident.

(ACARS Confirms 9/11 UA 175 Aircraft Was Airborne Long After Crash! Just WOW!: http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread781617/pg1)

Interesting.

Yes! I remember bringing that up early on when MH370 made a turn and I thought it made a turn to hit the Petronas. :eek:

Sorry I couldn't remember who I was conversing with last weekend regarding that, however, thought it interesting it was brought up today as no one else has until now.

;)

27 minutes ago

REPORTS OF LUGGAGE FOUND

Unconfirmed media reports are claiming that suitcases have been found floating in the Straits of Malacca, between Malaysia and Indonesia.

The crew of a Greek oil tanker, the Elka Athina, are reportedly heading towards a zone identified as a field of debris, including what appeared to be aircraft passenger's luggage.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...no-sign-of-plane/story-fnizu68q-1226856429922

I hope this is it. Families need answers and this Investigation needs to move forward :please:

27 minutes ago

REPORTS OF LUGGAGE FOUND

Unconfirmed media reports are claiming that suitcases have been found floating in the Straits of Malacca, between Malaysia and Indonesia.

The crew of a Greek oil tanker, the Elka Athina, are reportedly heading towards a zone identified as a field of debris, including what appeared to be aircraft passenger's luggage.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...no-sign-of-plane/story-fnizu68q-1226856429922

This was found not true on the previous thread.

That's jumping from Iranian as an entire nationality to belonging to an extremist Islamic movement. Bit of a stretch, IMO.

Nope, wasn't even comparing the two. Iranians, as well as others, can go into some countries unchecked. That's fine as there are good people everywhere.

What I brought up is that the USA is allowing the Muslim Brotherhood, regardless of the county they come from, to come into the USA. Unchecked.
I would like to see us be a lot more vigilant as Israel is.

Yeah, that just came through Twitter feed 2 min ago; keeping an eye on it for more.

(Israel is always at the ready, so may mean less than we think...)

Who tweeted that? Are they legit?

ETA where would this plane have been refueled?

About the passengers and cell phones:

-sorry this is a dumb question, but can they even use their cell phones once plane has reached flying altitude? I know they used to have the little phones where you had to pay to use them. I guess my quesiton is is it even possible to get reception on your cell phone at that altitude? So would the passengers have been able to contact anyone even if they still had their cell phones with them?

Of course, I am thinking that by the time the plane got in lower altitude (if the passengers were alive), the hijackers would have made sure they got everyone's cell phones by that time.

Earlier reports say this plane was not equipped to use cell phones

Earlier reports say this plane was not equipped to use cell phones

So I know, off topic.... people on the flights for 9/11 were able to use their cell phones to make calls alerting their family and the airlines of the hijacking... or was that because the pilots were flying low... I don't remember ever reading anything about the planes altitude after they were hijacked. Not saying the cell phones were usable on the flight because they were out in the middle of the ocean.

I don't know.. I'm rambling, too much caffeine. :coffeeup:

A "frequently asked questions" section would be nice. :)

I was thinking that, there are things which have been discussed in loops as people haven't read from the start, would be nice to have recaps and frequently asked questions-I'm willing to help someone on that if needed

It's about time someone had the guts to say "terrorism". Everyone seems to be afraid to use that word. Anyone, I don't care what the reason, ANYONE who is responsible for the deaths of 239 people is a terrorist. Period.

It breaks my heart for the family members to have to grieve like this. I have done some reading about the passengers and their normal lives and those who love them. The innocents were likely killed before now. And hopefully, if MH370 is used to try to attack Israel, maybe Israel will blow it out of the sky and show everyone how it's done!

BBM~ The million $ question are the 229 souls onboard dead or alive?

....... The Malaysian gov't did say there was no ransom demands, sadly, they don't need ransom when they have a plane full of people.

off to sleep, it's 2:30am here, night all and I'll be sifting through 25 pages in the morning I'm sure :)

Wasn't long ago that I read where the Muslim Brotherhood can come into our country without being checked or detained. Is anyone doing their job?

Nope. They want us to believe they are doing, but clearly are not. I'd like to know how many passports scams are going on even with the so-called "high tech" implementations.

I guess it's gonna be time for embedded chips soon. :facepalm: o/t Huge "Almost Human" fan here. <--------------

Honestly - anyone could fly that thing above 500FT - it would not be at all difficult provided the airspeed was kept in check and I would go as far as to say someone who had never even flown a plane before could do it with some basic "push goes down pull goes up forward goes fast back goes slow" knowledge of how to fly... very basic stuff...

Thanks. I promise I won't be trying that myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong