Questions Specifically for Benjaman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as in the food theory, maybe NB can give us a idea of what Ben likes to eat. Food specifics can go a long way imo. NB might remember things like this that could be helpful.
Rice or Potatoes(irish or red), Trout or Catfish, did he know what grits were or cream of wheat would have been prefered?

I'm going to be honest here, I'm not really sure how the food questions are relevant. It's my opinion, we have two sources of memories for Mr. Kyle. Childhood somewhere in Indiana, and memories of Colfax/restaurant knowledge in Denver. It's my opinion we should start from here and work our way out.

Between Mr. Kyles memories of the Denver area as well as Indiana I think we should just trust that and attempt to rule that out first unless something else comes along with verifiable proof to contradict or lead us elsewhere.

jmvho

Cubby

LE is having a tough time determining what is actual memory for Mr. Kyle and what is learned. For example, our conversation regarding flatware-I know a whole lot of information regarding manufacturing flatware because I worked for a manufacturer. Mr. Kyle knows a lot, but is it because this was his background or is it because he has been researching so much, he remembers it??? He is extremely smart and his mind is a "steel trap" for information. He may know quite a bit about September 11, but not because he remembers it for himself...likely because he has read so much about it. And he does not know either-it is called source amnesia.

This is where it gets tricky determining what is a real memory...am I making sense?

Yes, perfect sense.
It's why I said that he needs to really try to make this the year he figures out who he is. The longer he's where he is, the more chance his speech will also change.

My bold/italic. I just had the fact that they were fire ant bites verified, so this at least we know for sure LOL!!! I was wondering if they were sand fleas and was pondering whether or not the combination of sand fleas and a sunburn would indicate he started out at the beach somewhere...but they were in fact fire ant bites. The proximity of the dumpster helped the medical personnel make that determination.

If the doctors were decent they might know they were ant bites.. My hubby went to 2 doctors, neither knew what he had until it was biopsied. They thought he had poison sumach.

Just as in the food theory, maybe NB can give us a idea of what Ben likes to eat. Food specifics can go a long way imo. NB might remember things like this that could be helpful.
Rice or Potatoes(irish or red), Trout or Catfish, did he know what grits were or cream of wheat would have been prefered?

I agree very much with the food. I think that gives a good idea of where he's from..

Me being from NJ wouldn't eat the stuff he's eating in Georgia if he's still there.

Even things like remembering products as I was saying in the one post may help to see what he remembers. Things like shampoo, they may not have made a specific shampoo in the 90's as the 80's. There are sites devoted to things from certain years.

Say he likes country music, here in NJ country music isn't as listened to as regular rock.

There is a song called Brandy by Looking glass he can hear it here. It was really popular in NJ because they come from Rutgers college in New Brunswick NJ (1969). I was mentioning the song at a rose forum I go to, people have never heard the song & they are the age from when it was popular. There's a rose called Brandy, every time I saw the rose I thought of the song lol

Next Ben, do you remember any of these? A few are specific to NYC and if you went to CBGB's
Blondie - Detroit 442 (1977)
Blondie - In The Flesh (1976)
Blondie - Eat To The Beat
Blondie - Heart Of Glass

AC/DC - Back in Black

Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - I Love Rock N Roll

Guns n Roses Welcome to the Jungle

About music:
I am about the same age as BK, and I remember all the songs by Blondie, AC/DC, Joan Jett, Guns n Roses, listed above.
But, I really like rock n roll.

Does BK remember;
Theme from Summer Place
Palisades Park
Louie Louie
Cherish
House of the Rising Sun
Blowin' in the Wind
Satisfaction

I'm going to be honest here, I'm not really sure how the food questions are relevant. It's my opinion, we have two sources of memories for Mr. Kyle. Childhood somewhere in Indiana, and memories of Colfax/restaurant knowledge in Denver. It's my opinion we should start from here and work our way out.

Between Mr. Kyles memories of the Denver area as well as Indiana I think we should just trust that and attempt to rule that out first unless something else comes along with verifiable proof to contradict or lead us elsewhere.

jmvho

Cubby

I understand, just particular's about the food that I think NB could answer for us. Especially the grits. Roselr can tell you, unless it happened recently, you can't buy grits in NJ, and I know in OH, IN for sure. I am sure Ben, if he is in the south somewhere, may have tasted grits by now, and the question would be, did he know what they were. Grits is a sort of southern half thing. Northern half prefer hash browns, cream of wheat for breakfast. Kind of the same with potatoes, southern prefer red, north prefer irish. Just a few things I picked up traveling the country with the hubby. jmo

I'm hearing ya Carolwood, but I am from Chicago and my recollection of grits, goes back to highway vacation driving and stopping for eats at Howard Johnsons and Days Inn enroute from Chi town to Disney.. when I was a tiny tot before I knew of bell bottoms and have funny pictures of myself in halter tops and my first memory of sandals...

IMO, an old baseball players name would mean more than food. Only so many remember ball players, games, positions... games.... Kind of in a Brooklyn Dodgers kind of way...

I think they are all good suggestion/questions.
The more he can tell us that feels right to him the easier it might be to figure out where he's from.

<>Off topic</>I've been doing a lot of reading here; he's been compared to just about everyone fitting his description in the US. It's my opinion that he may not have been reported missing or he's been assumed dead. The Canada possibility is also something to bring back up.

If it was normal for him to travel for his job his relatives might think he just lost touch; or he could be like me with all of my family in Europe with parents that came here.

I also want to add that everyone has done a wonderful job.
2009 is the year he'll figure it out.<>END Off topic</>

I'm hearing ya Carolwood, but I am from Chicago and my recollection of grits, goes back to highway vacation driving and stopping for eats at Howard Johnsons and Days Inn enroute from Chi town to Disney.. when I was a tiny tot before I knew of bell bottoms and have funny pictures of myself in halter tops and my first memory of sandals...

IMO, an old baseball players name would mean more than food. Only so many remember ball players, games, positions... games.... Kind of in a Brooklyn Dodgers kind of way...

I think the food angle has merit, BK mentioned a grilled cheese from the state fair (as part of a memory IIRC?) Not that it in itself eliminates a lot of possibilities BUT on the other hand, what if a certain food memory links him to a person? For example, we had an elderly aunt who flew to visit us once every few years. When she visited, she made Dobesh Torte (sp?) and streudel (sp?). When I lived in the south, everyone called soda "Coke". I would tease them because not everything was "Coke", and they would tease me because I said "pop". It's probably a long road to take with this particular memory, but as I said, if somehow a food/drink can relate his memory to a person or event, it could narrow something down.

I guess I'm just thinking at this point, anything could trigger a memory. IMO and I could be wrong. :)

I think the food angle has merit, BK mentioned a grilled cheese from the state fair (as part of a memory IIRC?) Not that it in itself eliminates a lot of possibilities BUT on the other hand, what if a certain food memory links him to a person? For example, we had an elderly aunt who flew to visit us once every few years. When she visited, she made Dobesh Torte (sp?) and streudel (sp?). When I lived in the south, everyone called soda "Coke". I would tease them because not everything was "Coke", and they would tease me because I said "pop". It's probably a long road to take with this particular memory, but as I said, if somehow a food/drink can relate his memory to a person or event, it could narrow something down.

I guess I'm just thinking at this point, anything could trigger a memory. IMO and I could be wrong. :)

My point exactly, in the south, Everything is Coke, including Pepsi, Rootbeer, etc. I can never remember saying "I am going to the store to get pop" or "soda".
Up north Pepsi is everywhere.

Ben, another question - In the national enquirer article you are seen wearing a flannel shirt, is that your choice of clothes to hang around in?

How about the hat (baseball hat) you had on? Is that something you like to wear too?

My point exactly, in the south, Everything is Coke, including Pepsi, Rootbeer, etc. I can never remember saying "I am going to the store to get pop" or "soda".
Up north Pepsi is everywhere.

It's soda in NJ - or we refer to it specific to brand.
If I have coke on hand I ask if someone wants coke - or pepsi if I have that.

If I'm offering Iced tea - it's that not sweet tea.
If I have a brand I'll say Snapple or Lipton, Nestea

The other thing would be footwear. We do not call them tennis or basketball shoes but sneakers.

Since Benjaman appears to be in his early 50's give or take a few years, has he looked at photos of the 50's and 60's and looked at magazines that were popular back then? (Life, Look, etc.) Does he remember favorite toys or sports teams, or hobbies he may have engaged in? Looked at clothing that boys wore from that era, cars that were being driven, sports figures who were megastars at that time, etc.?

All I have to do is look at my high school yearbook at the car or sports section and it brings back floods of memories. I hope that this can happen for Benjaman.

I'd like to know if Mr.Benjaman has any memories of being around horses?

I'm not sure this has been asked, but often we hear an old song that we haven't heard in years, or decades which bring back memories.

I thought about this last night listening to Dick Biondi's friday night request show. Dick Biondi has been on the air since the very early 1960's, is in the radio hall of fame, was the second DJ in the US to play the beatles over the airwaves, and has dj'd in many cities across the country. (from Buffalo to LA)

He show airs M-F 7-11pm CST. His friday night request show plays many pre British invasion songs from the early 50's on.

I wonder if Mr. Kyle might be interested in listening and perhaps a song might jar something.. if not, still great music! ;)

I can't link ( Have I mentioned I HATE MY COMPUTER?)

94.7 true oldies out of Chicago, top left side of home page by what looks like the letters from the old Coca Cola letters one can click to listen online.

I'd be so greatful to anyone who could post the link.

TY!

Cubs'

Questions for Benjaman:
has listening to music that would have been popular when you were a teen or young adult jogged any memories? Is there a particular song that is special to you, and if so, do you have any feelings about why it means a lot to you?

Do you remember traveling the Berthoud Pass? Maybe the Ute Pass? Buffalo Bill's grave? Red Rock Park? Any recall of Argo Gold Mine Mill? Are there any memories of shopping at a King Soopers Grocery Store?

Any memories of Arvada, Centenial, Vail, Empire, Breckenridge or Silverthorne?

So does BK ever answer these questions? Lots of good questions, but, I can't find the answers?

To Benjaman Kyle:
Have you received a social security number yet?

If you have your medical records, a statement from your psychiatrist, copies of your newspaper articles, FBI verification of your situation, they will most likely give you a new ssn.
Here is a link, if I have not posted it before or you have not found it yet:
http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/cgi-bin....php?p_admin=1&p_sid=&p_lva=&p_li=&p_faqid=79
10064.) or
Situations of harassment, abuse or life endangerment (including domestic violence). (See New Numbers For Domestic Violence Victims, Publication No. 05-10093.)
'snipped'

Do you have the results of your extensive dna testing back yet?
If so, will this be released?

Did you have an mtDNA test also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members