GUILTY Mexico - Monica Beresford-Redman, 42, Cancun, 5 April 2010

RESPECTFULLY SNIPPED...fwiw, i have a difficult time coming up with a scenario in which anyone other than Bruce is responsible for this awful murder. Pictures and videos of the resort show it surrounded by gates staffed with multiple guards armed with M-16 style rifles protecting this top-shelf Cancun resort.

As a Palace Resort Member I assure you security guards are not armed with M-16 style rifles but I won't argue that this top-shelf 5 star resort is fenced, security is taken very seriously with guards at every gate, and camera's in various locations.

I was also on vacation when this murder occured! It still blows my mind!

RIP Monica, I will think of you every trip to Cancun ~ undoubtedly!

Maybe the video I saw showed special security in place at the resort right around then. Thanks.

Maybe the video I saw showed special security in place at the resort right around then. Thanks.

And they do have heightened security for important guests...Moon Palace especially has HUGE banquet halls they host all types of events for groups from all over the world. We've seen groups of people being protected by added security forces with heavy artillary but as for day to day at the gates and as for average security guards no they do not have guns - visible anyways ;)

Just saying....

Regarding the kids being in Cancun etc:

1. Monica had the kids in Hawaii. I believe she then traveled directly from Hawaii to Cancun.

2. They were down there for 10 days(?) and likely were going to be there for 2 weeks overall? I don't think you'd leave your kids back in LA that entire time, especially since it appears Monica had doubts about her sisters taking care of her children (the will change).
and she wouldn't want to leave them with her in-laws (Bruce's parents).

3. Most luxury hotels and luxury resorts offer babysitter/nanny services. It's possible they had 2 rooms or a suite or something, and they were able to leave the kids in the care of a nanny for as long as they liked/needed. LA children are likely accustomed to having a mexican nanny around.

4. Didn't Bruce fly the kids back to LA, leave them with his parents and then fly back to Cancun before reporting Monica missing?

thesaint- i did not know about this...the will originally had her sisters getting custody and then was changed?...that is very interesting...although it could have been pressure from bruce, especially if he had something planned and wanted to keep his kids in his family. when was the will changed?

ETA: and who was to get custody according to the new will?

Murder Charges Imminent vs. Former TV Producer?

(CBS) Prosecutors in Mexico were to take evidence to a judge Mondaythat they say points to former "Survivor" producer Bruce Beresford-Redman as the killer of his wife, Monica, reports"Early Show" national correspondent Hattie Kauffman.

The judge will then decide whether to charge him with first degree murder and issue a warrant for his arrest.

But Beresford-Redman attorney Richard Hirsch told reporters, "We hope that the attorney general is not just trying to clear this case off his desk or in any way trying to protect the tourist industry of Cancun."

Last month, the couple went to a resort in Cancun to repair their troubled marriage.

Monica Beresford-Redman's body was found in a sewer on would have been her 42nd birthday.

Investigators say she'd been strangled.

Family and friends paid tribute to Monica at a memorial service in California Sunday.

"Everybody knows who killed her. Where is the justice?" one attendee exclaimed.

more at http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/05/31/earlyshow/main6535053.shtml

Hallelujah!!!!!!!

:rose: For Monica!

May your family begin to find peace!

hallelujah if they can find him!!!! His parents allegedly relinquished custody of the kids back to Bruce and I bet he has flown the coop with kids and cash in hand!!! I pray not. I've been mad about Ethan , Kayleah and this case!!!! Life is not fair to victim's and their survivors! The judge should have let the aunt's have temporary custody until this is settled.

Oh they'll find him...keep the faith!

That or he'll "off" himself.

Either way ~ he's done.

Oh they'll find him...keep the faith!

That or he'll "off" himself.

Either way ~ he's done.
My fear is he may leave the US and hide out in another country. I hope, however, that he's falsely confident the extradition process will take a while and it doesn't. MOO

I hope they find him and honor that request!!! praying for Monica...and her beautiful babies...
The local news link I posted earlier had video of him in the backyard of the house earlier today playing with the kids. So, he was home as of this afternoon! :)

from the link posted above:

The statement also included an excerpt from Bruce. He's "incensed" by it all! :waitasec:

"Monica was the axis around which our whole family revolved. From her sisters and parents to my parents and of course to our children and me, she was everything to us. I am devastated at her loss; and I am incensed at the suggestion that I could have had anything to do with her death. I am innocent. My children have had one parent taken from them by a senseless act of violence. I implore the Mexican authorities not to take their remaining parent by a miscarriage of justice and to do what is right not just what is expedient," Bruce said in the statement.

Hirsch has said previously that if his client is charged with murder, they'll fight extradition to Mexico.

I am soooo glad that they final have put charges against him. Let's hope that it won't take too long to extradite him.

I am soooo glad that they final have put charges against him. Let's hope that it won't take too long to extradite him.

As long as we don't hold our breath, we'll be okay.

The Wheels of Justice turn very slowly for the rich, versus the average
folks. There will be years of legal manuveurs, and I doubt he'll ever go back to Mexico to face the music there.

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so. (imo)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back