Another New Lawyer for Casey - Dorothy Sims

Me too, nums! :rotfl:

Oh Kent! :floorlaugh: That visual image is not gonna leave my psyche anytime soon. hahaha

Join the club....I am still hearing the Pointers Sisters "Who's Zoomin' Who" since last night's thread!!

:sick:

Jose is also defending a young mother who got arrested under mistaken idenitity as a prostitute, but spend 36 hrs in jail...now Jose to the rescue. What a silly case for him to take.

He is trying to expand his horizons from just ICA and HLN gave him a platform to do so (as a return favor for appearing).

The case is not particularly national newsworthy to spend so much time on that when they cut other segments down to nothing...

[I thought JVM was going to cover developments on the Susan Powell case... JVM seems to try to pack too much in and then drop a lot.]

WHy oh WHY did JB HAVE to do this presser?
Sorry it made all of them look so UNPROFESSIONAL.
and JB is PROUD of this swinging door office???
AND WHY did Ms. Sims feel she NEEDED to tell us she couldn't turn on a TV.
Stopped watching still in black and white???
She Made herself LOOK so BAD!!!
Didn't she say '81 (sorry don't want to go back and listen again)...it went off the air in '71...they had a reunion show in '81. Oh heck, who cares!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055662/

It was in color in 1965.

Maybe I got it all wrong...or maybe she was trying to be funny..ha ha

Jose is also defending a young mother who got arrested under mistaken idenitity as a prostitute, but spend 36 hrs in jail...now Jose to the rescue. What a silly case for him to take.

This info really, really rubbed me the wrong way. I imagine that ZFG and her lawyers in the civil case found the irony rich, too. Yep, he's aways for the underdog. Not.

Me too, nums! :rotfl:

Oh Kent! :floorlaugh: That visual image is not gonna leave my psyche anytime soon. hahaha

The thing I'd like to see is Baez's face if it actually happened.

Now that would wipe the smirk right off of his face.:yow:

The Defense mission for Sims seems to be attacking the air sample tests to eliminate them from trial (according to WFTV).

This is consistent with the recent discrediting of YM about the decomposition smell of the car trunk and whether it was human.

Among a million things the Defense must combat, they must distance ICA's car and trunk from anything to do with Caylee's demise to point to SODDI. Good luck with that!

I do think Sims may be dangerous in that she may act 'out of touch' and lull folks into a false sense of security before going for the jugular. As has been already stated, Sims does ruffle the feathers of medical experts testifying so she is effective.

I see the not having a TV statement as a ploy to throw up a smoke screen and provide cover, the same way JB plays a lot dumber than he really is.
bbm

I am really,really hoping that the Body Farm air samples are going to be allowed at trial. Jeff Ashton was the very first Prosecutor to get a conviction using DNA and this would be such a lovely second feather for his cap. Not to mention putting away little miss party girl forever.

bbm

I am really,really hoping that the Body Farm air samples are going to be allowed at trial. Jeff Ashton was the very first Prosecutor to get a conviction using DNA and this would be such a lovely second feather for his cap. Not to mention putting away little miss party girl forever.

Have they never been used before or just never been used in Florida.

I understood the bar was very high for new technical testing to be used at trial, and this air sampling has passed them all with flying colors.

I also think the TV comment was a bit disingenuous, as though she's out of touch.She made a point of stating that her writings concerning defense doctors was referring to medical cases,NOT criminal cases,so she IS aware that it's being discussed. She also said that after meeting with the other attorneys she had confidence in them and a heart for this case. If she was told anything about this case she must have been told about the public interest and opinion that ICA is guilty.She said she was surprised when she saw the media attention she was receiving. I'm having a hard time swallowing that.
She seems like a decent person with a focus on new science ,so I will withhold opinion for now,but my lie-o-meter started to climb today.

Nothing she said passed muster with me. No tv for decades? She can't figure them out, yet she uses the internet to get/watch news...and she's received threats from people she has deposed/examined (oh REALLY??), and she felt "stalked" by the media?? Oh brother, tell us another one...

This another bizarre personality attaching itself to the admitted circus this has become. I have no clue what qualifications this woman has to allow her to question ME's and other professionals' methods in good faith. Of course they're evidently trying to tar and feather Detective Melich now, so it's just an "attack" the opposition non-defense.

This whole thing has become beyond sickening. Jose Baez has the tackiest office in North America.

I understood the bar was very high for new technical testing to be used at trial, and this air sampling has passed them all with flying colors.

From what I understand, this particular type of air testing to detect human decomposition has not made it's way to a FL courtroom. I think this is why we were all discussing the possibility of a Frye test to determine it's admissibility or not.
I do not know if it has been used elsewhere, hopefully someone can help answer this.

That was my understanding, too. I think Ashton is gonna have one heck of a compelling argument and he is very persuasive. I'm certainly not counting the SA out of winning this one. This is gonna be quite the fight for both sides. I look forward to hearing the arguments. I just hope it is admitted!

The Defense mission for Sims seems to be attacking the air sample tests to eliminate them from trial (according to WFTV).

This is consistent with the recent discrediting of YM about the decomposition smell of the car trunk and whether it was human.

Among a million things the Defense must combat, they must distance ICA's car and trunk from anything to do with Caylee's demise to point to SODDI. Good luck with that!

I do think Sims may be dangerous in that she may act 'out of touch' and lull folks into a false sense of security before going for the jugular. As has been already stated, Sims does ruffle the feathers of medical experts testifying so she is effective.

I see the not having a TV statement as a ploy to throw up a smoke screen and provide cover, the same way JB plays a lot dumber than he really is.
Ms. Simms may go for the jugular but I have my bets that Dr. G won't allow her to get very far. Dr. G speaks her mind and NO ONE can sway her from her convictions of science.
This I really can't wait to see.
AND, if she tries that on the Body Farm experts, I doubt she will get far there either.
These people are professionals in every sense of the word and Ms Simms has her work cut out for her if she thinks she can one up any of them.
IMO. :)

Ms. Simms may go for the jugular but I have my bets that Dr. G won't allow her to get very far. Dr. G speaks her mind and NO ONE can sway her from her convictions of science.
AND, if she tries that on the Body Farm experts, I doubt she will get far there either.
These people are professionals in every sense of the word and Ms Simms has her work cut out for her if she thinks she can one up any of them.
You're right. Those Body Farm guys are the smartest of the smart. I am so in awe of what they do.

But I think her major attack is going to be more in the psych area and not so much attacking the autopsy report. I guess she might try to glance a few blows concerning the Dr G's inclusiveness as to the cause of death but I think her main thrust will come in the mitigating factors portion of the trial. But based on what I've read from her many bios I think she will challenge the state's initial psych evaluation. moo, only moo.

He is trying to expand his horizons from just ICA and HLN gave him a platform to do so (as a return favor for appearing).

The case is not particularly national newsworthy to spend so much time on that when they cut other segments down to nothing...

[I thought JVM was going to cover developments on the Susan Powell case... JVM seems to try to pack too much in and then drop a lot.]

I halfway expected JVM to declare the police were somehow addicted to arresting innocent mothers for prostitution. If she can't find someway to work a story so that it covers addiction or THE WAR ON WOMEN, then chances are it's gonna get cut, no matter how newsworthy.

Just got to thinking... and if it has been mentioned in this thread already...I missed it.

Wouldn't it be "EPIC" if, in the future, the State of Florida hired Dorothy Clay Sims as an expert to invalidate CA's disability rating and benefits ????????

http://plaintifftriallawyertips.com/2010/12/12/dorothy-clay-simss-ideas-for-cross.aspx

Snips from a lecture Sims gave in early December in NOLA.

º Research the internet for talks that aren't included in the CV or subpoena them because you may find these are the talks that show their bias, like talks to defense groups

Challenge him with questions using this phrase "What happens on a cellular level when... He or she will be usually unable to answer it.

Good stuff here. Rather interesting.

http://www.doereport.com/article_crossexamining.php

DURING THE EXAMINATION:

Send a court reporter who:

Never leaves your client alone, no matter how long the exam takes (remember, some can last as long as 8 hours and the reporter needs to know this in advance).

Provides the transcript in digital format. This makes it easier to share with other attorneys and is excellent for creating questions for cross examination because word searching capabilities in a digital document speed up the process.

Never releases a copy of the transcript to the defense attorney.

Remembers that YOU hired the reporter, and the reporter answers to you. Some physicians have tried to throw my reporters out of the evaluation. They stay. Period.

Can't afford a court reporter? Send a tape recorder with your client(s) and make sure your client knows when to turn the tape over by loaning them a watch with an alarm preset to go off at the end of the tape.

DURING THE DEPOSITION

Bring a laptop with an air card. When the doctor fails to bring the articles he relied upon, claiming they exist, turn the computer around and tell him he is more than welcome to look them up on the internet. This works great in a video depo.

Bring a second laptop on which is loaded all prior depositions so prior testimony can be accessed with a word search function on your computer. This is much faster than tabbing hard copies.

The doctor claims to review the medical records. You are skeptical. Bring a plastic bag. At the conclusion of the deposition, seal the records in the plastic bag and advise the doctor you are giving them to the court reporter until your fingerprint expert can pick them up in the morning. Sit back and watch the fireworks.

The doctor claims he didn't recently alter the raw data and you know she/he did. Get the plastic bag out. Seal the document and advise opposing attorney you are having the ink dated at the lab of your choice. Some labs can tell you if ink is 2 years to 6 months old.

Point out the selective reporting that goes on in virtually every CME. High scales, such as scale 8 on the MMPI2 can indicate the presence of a head injury. Never have I ever had a defense doctor admit to this in a report.

Ask them if the plaintiff did well on the mental status exam. Most doctors administer the Folstein Mental Status Exam which is actually a screening device for Alzheimer's patients. However, most doctors don't score the test, fail to ask all the questions, and, more importantly, lie about the results. Ask the doctor if the patient answered the questions correctly. When the doctor says yes, present the doctor with the transcript that reflects many of the questions were answered incorrectly. Then file your Motion to Strike based on fraud.

The doctor testifies that he does 1/3 plaintiff work. Yeah, right. He/she then hands you a list of cases in which he has testified for the last several years but they do not identify if they are plaintiff or defense referral. Point out that he is hiding that information and it would only take a second or two to note on each case who referred it but in leaving that information out, you cannot address bias. Then ask the doctor to identify on the list each plaintiff referral. In every case in which I required the doctor to do this, he was only able to identify one or two percent of his referrals as plaintiff.

Here are some upcoming conferences Dorothy Clay-Sims & Dr. Freeman are presenting:

02/18/2011 - Defeating the Deceptive Defense Doctor with Dorothy Clay Sims

http://www.oajustice.org/index.cfm?...ction=showDetail&eid=3451&evSubAction=listAll

3/18/2011 - DR. CAUSATION & THE DME TERMINATOR
http://www.washingtonjustice.org/WA/index.cfm?event=showPage&pg=Causation

2/25-2/26/2011 - Advanced Litigating Traumatic Brain Injury Cases Seminar Faculty

http://www.justice.org/cps/rde/xbcr/justice/Final_Advanced_TBI_Seminar_Brochure.pdf

Here are some upcoming conferences Dorothy Clay-Sims & Dr. Freeman are presenting:

02/18/2011 - Defeating the Deceptive Defense Doctor with Dorothy Clay Sims

http://www.oajustice.org/index.cfm?...ction=showDetail&eid=3451&evSubAction=listAll

3/18/2011 - DR. CAUSATION & THE DME TERMINATOR
http://www.washingtonjustice.org/WA/index.cfm?event=showPage&pg=Causation

2/25-2/26/2011 - Advanced Litigating Traumatic Brain Injury Cases Seminar Faculty

http://www.justice.org/cps/rde/xbcr/justice/Final_Advanced_TBI_Seminar_Brochure.pdf

Just an observation, but I don't think any of the above prepares her for verbal jousting with Dr. G. on cross-exam.

Is she still on this case? We have heard NADA from her nor seen her in a loooooooooong time.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back