17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #25

Status
Not open for further replies.
A minute at the most. That is just a football field.

I agree, 1 minute, more or less.

Notice the real time counter on the 911 snips? George got out of his truck and started the 317' walk at [2:08] run time or 07:11:43 pm real time.

Am I wrong or isn't a minute later [3:08] run time or 07:12:43 pm real time?

George was still on the phone with the 911 dispatcher until [4:07] run time or 07:13:41 pm real time.

How exactly was Trayvon supposed to be beating his azz before he ever got off the phone with 911?

Notice the real time counter on the 911 snips? George got out of his truck and started the 317' walk at [2:08] run time or 07:11:43 pm real time.

George was still on the phone with the 911 dispatcher until [4:07] run time or 07:13:41 pm real time.

How exactly was Trayvon supposed to be beating his azz before he ever got off the phone with 911?
You are right. It is total nonsense.

Thank you, Papa. I just can't wrap my mind around there being enough time for this to have occurred as the Zimmerman camp has said it did. JMO

And why he didn't just drive around the block to check the address is another question? He was not getting out of that car to check an address. He was following Trayvon.

MOO

Trayvon went down the walkway between the rows of townhouses. If GZ really needed an address, he could have given the one that his truck was parked in front of and simply said he was behind that house. Once I called 911 when I saw a kid jumping over my neighbor's back fence late one night (we have had a lot of break-ins here, too). I didn't know her address and just gave mine and described where her house was from mine.

Trayvon went down the walkway between the rows of townhouses. If GZ really needed an address, he could have given the one that his truck was parked in front of and simply said he was behind that house. Once I called 911 when I saw a kid jumping over my neighbor's back fence late one night (we have had a lot of break-ins here, too). I didn't know her address and just gave mine and described where her house was from mine.

Gotta love how he was so quick to come up with an alternative story? It's going to be interesting to see if this was stated on his original report and recorded interview that night or if this was something added later?

Am I reading this correctly that it only takes you a minute to walk the length of a football field? Dang, your legs must be much longer than mine are :)

I timed it on my treadmill at a pretty fast walk (as I think George was walking fast) and it took 44 seconds.

I remember in track, we used to race to see if we could make it under a minute to run around the track that surrounded the football field? So I guess it's possible?

You are right. It is total nonsense.

Bear in mind Doc, thanks to a leak to the Orlando Sentinel, we know this isn't just Robert's story. It's also more or less what George told LE! The City Manager verified it!

I put the article and document up last night at this post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7788590&postcount=826"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #24[/ame]

If he was walking back, how long would it take him to get to the area where Trayvon "jumped him from behind?" 22 more seconds or less?

The 317 feet INCLUDES that distance. That's the distance from his truck to the next street over AND back to where the sidewalks intersect.

No need or reason to add any more time. You're already there.

The 317 feet INCLUDES that distance. That's the distance from his truck to the next street over AND back to where the sidewalks intersect.

No need or reason to add any more time. You're already therre.

Oh wow! Sweet! I should have known you had added it all together. I missed almost a whole day yesterday and haven't really caught up!

:yourock:

Oh wow! Sweet! I should have known you had added it all together. I missed almost a whole day yesterday and haven't really caught up!

:yourock:

And don't even get me started on how the body was located almost 100 feet away according to BOTH the SPD report AND the SFD fire and rescue dispatch tape!

Does Zimmerman's defense team get to do discovery for the SYG hearing or does their SYG defense depend on what they and their client can provide for evidence? I guess they would have to be able to have discovery to see what the prosecution has to fight their SYG claim?

If they do get discovery, will that make whatever they get available to the public under the Sunshine Law?
The hearing is just like a regular trial except no jury. So each side will see what the other has in the way of evidence ( through discovery) and the defense will have to present their case; witnesses, records, the whole enchilada.

But let's not forget, prior to all this the defendant also has the opportunity to ask for a regular old garden variety dismissal after they review discovery. When that gets denied then they will move on to the SYG hearing (I assume) for immunity there.

What makes SYG unique is this pre trial hearing for immunity. The self defense-defense is not really unique in and of itself- it is the SYG immunity that is the twist.

as always JMHO.

I think it's the story they came up with together? All of them!

MOO

Was there time that night for GZ to call his family and come up with the story we have now or were GZ's family and "friends" relaying and embellishing what he told them later?

Was there time that night for GZ to call his family and come up with the story we have now or were GZ's family and "friends" relaying and embellishing what he told them later?

Who knows? Once I read that article from the Sentinel and saw the press release from the City Manager verifying it being what GZ had told SPD, I realized each other's stories are very nearly word for word the same. The only difference is in the Sentinel article, reference is made to a "one minute time gap" that Robert Zimmerman filled in with "looking for an address, yada, yada, yada".

Either way, it doesn't work.

Instead of discussing ad nauseum the minutia of esoteric details that may or may not play a role in the ultimate resolution of this case, how about considering what I see as an elephant in the room of Mr. Zimmerman’s stated reasons and justification for a defense of Stand Your Ground?

elephant-in-the-room-1.jpg

Watch this video. Listen to George Zimmerman’s words, not mine or yours. Listen to Robert Zimmerman’s words regarding the actions of his son.

Between the words of George, Robert, and the 911 call itself a step by step picture of the alleged actions and timeline of George Zimmerman and his SYG defense is laid out for us.

The Flawed Core of George Zimmerman's Stand Your Ground Defense - YouTube

How long do YOU think it should take to walk 317 feet?

Then, as many of you have done so many times for a long, long time, show me why this story isn’t an elephant.

May I just add that we know Travon Martin had a reason to dawdle during the missing two minutes: he was chatting on the phone with his girlfriend.

But per GZ's story, he had nothing to do but walk directly to the next street, check the house number and then walk back to his truck. On a cold, rainy night, there shouldn't have been any reason not to do so quickly, imo.

Tonight we'll discuss the Travon Martin case with Sheryl McCollum of the Cold Case Investigative Research Institute.

Also we have a very special Guest on the show. Lynn Jones is the wife of Steve Jones. Their son Steven died in 2000 and they believe he was murdered. Since then Steve Jones has taken to the Internet to express his outrage at the people he feels is responsible for Steven's death. Now, Steve Jones is missing. Did arguments on discussion forums have anything to do with his disappearance? We'll try and find out tonight with Lynn

LISTEN HERE AT 8 PM EASTERN

May I just add that we know Travon Martin had a reason to dawdle during the missing two minutes: he was chatting on the phone with his girlfriend.

But per GZ's story, he had nothing to do but walk directly to the next street, check the house number and then walk back to his truck. On a cold, rainy night, there shouldn't have been any reason not to do so quickly, imo.
BBM
Wasn't it during this time that Trayvon was trying to elude the man who was watching him? His girlfriend said that he felt that he had lost him and he would walk fast but not run.
"He said this man was watching him, so he put his hoodie on. He said he lost the man," Martin's friend said. "I asked Trayvon to run, and he said he was going to walk fast. I told him to run, but he said he was not going to run."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-ma...-crucial-phone/story?id=15959017#.T4tOVdWNnJe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie