LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had seen him referred to as "trock" on FB and figured it was "t rock" so I'm guessing whoever first mentioned it here had seen the same thing.

he isnt from this area. i'm 99% sure it is not connected to our slang term tboy

I wonder how much longer the search parties can keep up enough morale and hope to maintain daily searches...usually this is close to the point where things start dropping off.

I think Mickey is within 25 miles...I think dropping the bike was the last thing the perp(s) did, not the first. The bike, IMO, only became an issue when it was time to get rid of all evidence that she had been in the vehicle.

and that person deserves respect....dont poopoo a murder victim because they are not Mickey.
imho

I think the message was it wasn't NOLA specific, as had perhaps been previously implied.

I would like to do sketches from witnesses but have no idea how to go about doing that. Does anyone know how to go about that? I wouldn't think they have someone on staff just for that. I've always wondered about that but really am now as I'm itching for one to be released.

I would like to do sketches from witnesses but have no idea how to go about doing that. Does anyone know how to go about that? I wouldn't think they have someone on staff just for that. I've always wondered about that but really am now as I'm itching for one to be released.

You have to be certified. http://www.theiai.org/

If it were me I'd call Lafayette PD (or your home PD) and volunteer your time to get a foot in the door. All they can do is say no. They may be happy to have you.

it was posted by the perp.. and once something like this gets out people download it, copy it, etc.. and it is impossible to erase. It is truly horrible.

It is not that anyone "lets" it out there.. it is the fact that the internet is like the wild, wild, wild west.. and there are a few cowboys with badges with some lassos running rings around herds of humongous animals that they can never hope to lasso.

That is just so wrong! It is truly horrific!

I wonder how much longer the search parties can keep up enough morale and hope to maintain daily searches...usually this is close to the point where things start dropping off.

I think Mickey is within 25 miles...I think dropping the bike was the last thing the perp(s) did, not the first. The bike, IMO, only became an issue when it was time to get rid of all evidence that she had been in the vehicle.

The last searches will be Sunday. There won't be anymore searches unless they get a new lead.

Thanks for the link! I didn't realize you had to be certified just to do the sketches. I'm solidly in a career and was more thinking it would be a volunteer sort of thing. I'm surprised you have to be certified, too. Most of the sketches I see are awful. I'd never have thought they were from certified sketchers!

Thanks for the link! I didn't realize you had to be certified just to do the sketches. I'm solidly in a career and was more thinking it would be a volunteer sort of thing. I'm surprised you have to be certified, too. Most of the sketches I see are awful. I'd never have thought they were from certified sketchers!

I think the certification is more along the lines of learning characteristics of certain ancestries in the event that you would need to sketch a badly decomposed Jane/John Doe. And also learning to do age progressions in the event of a missing person.

The weather has been terrible the last couple of days, and we still have storms coming through....I hope it clears up for the weekend.
The last searches will be Sunday. There won't be anymore searches unless they get a new lead.

Do we know if Abdella's POIs happen to be 2 specific people, or was he given the description of 2 people who were observed behaving in a suspicious manner?

Made my stomach drop too. Cases like these pull at my heart strings. I so hope they get a lead soon.

Ugh, stop searching and what, wait until she washes up on a shore? Unfortunately, I suspect that would have already happened by now. So sad...for all of these missing women!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow