Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it seems Bri's perp is white, but check this out. There are similarities in the attack, though there was more than one person involved:

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2008/04/02/rape_0403.html

She told police a light-skinned, biracial man with reddish-brown hair and blue eyes took her to an unknown location in a dark-colored, extended cab pickup truck.

Afterwards, the suspect dropped her off at the same place where he abducted her, police said.

I'll post this in the possibly related cases thread as well.

sexual assault that occurred in the parking lot at 1425 North Virginia Street between 4:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. on December 16.

LE has never before released that the Dec. 16 victim was assaulted in the parking lot of her apartment complex. Previous reports said she was driven to a location a short distance away.

Interesting. I wonder how they're jogging this girl's memory. Or maybe others have come forward saying that they saw something odd the night of her attack.

sexual assault that occurred in the parking lot at 1425 North Virginia Street between 4:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. on December 16.

LE has never before released that the Dec. 16 victim was assaulted in the parking lot of her apartment complex. Previous reports said she was driven to a location a short distance away.

Interesting. I wonder how they're jogging this girl's memory. Or maybe others have come forward saying that they saw something odd the night of her attack.
OK, sorry, I'm posting in rapid fire mode today and I'm not meaning to hog up the board, but I really find this strange. It appears that the perp took the vic in front of her apartment, took her into his car, drove probably a few hundred feet away to another area of the complex's parking lot, then drove a few hundred feet back to the front of her apartment to drop her off. Why would he a) assault her right in the parking lot, not somewhere more remote and b) drop her off instead of just telling her to get out of the car?

I had first noticed on Dateline that the Dec. 16 actually lived in a multi-floor apartment building, not a house as I believe had been previously reported. So I'm thinking the perp must have watched which apartment she went into after he was done with her for him to return for the Jan. 19 break-in. But that's still a huge risk to take that other people in the other apartments might have seen/heard him. This guy is now totally brazen to me IMO.

Also, notice in the updated vehicle description that the car may have been borrowed by the perp. Do you think he did that to throw LE off? Combine that with the mystery panties found with Bri's body, and this guy may have LE looking for the wrong people.

OK, sorry, I'm posting in rapid fire mode today and I'm not meaning to hog up the board, but I really find this strange. It appears that the perp took the vic in front of her apartment, took her into his car, drove probably a few hundred feet away to another area of the complex's parking lot, then drove a few hundred feet back to the front of her apartment to drop her off. Why would he a) assault her right in the parking lot, not somewhere more remote and b) drop her off instead of just telling her to get out of the car?

I had first noticed on Dateline that the Dec. 16 actually lived in a multi-floor apartment building, not a house as I believe had been previously reported. So I'm thinking the perp must have watched which apartment she went into after he was done with her for him to return for the Jan. 19 break-in. But that's still a huge risk to take that other people in the other apartments might have seen/heard him. This guy is now totally brazen to me IMO.

Also, notice in the updated vehicle description that the car may have been borrowed by the perp. Do you think he did that to throw LE off? Combine that with the mystery panties found with Bri's body, and this guy may have LE looking for the wrong people.

newshound- excellent work.
I have said from the beginning of this case that the fact that this perp went back to her house to break in before Bri's assault is critical- The descr. has changed 2x that I am aware of and now the victim has moved to Tiawan. I think the Dec victim is key to this guy's apprehension. I have to review this again when I have time, feel like I'm missing something

newshound- The perp took the Dec. victim's driver's license and car keys. He could have gotten her address from her license. I agree that his returning to her apartment says a lot about his frame of mind. The Dateline program said he used such force that he bowed the door. Not only was he taking a big risk but he was determined and likely in a rage. He is one sick individual whose selfishness makes him very dangerous.

Does anyone know when the Dec vic went to Taiwan and when the description changed?

Does the attack occuring between 4:30 and 9:00 a.m. mean that the victim was kept that long? That's 4 1/2 hours covering light and dark hours.

Does anyone know when the Dec vic went to Taiwan and when the description changed?

I'm not sure exactly when she returned to Taiwan but it was reported she had already left by the time he tried to break into her apartment in January. There was someone in the apartment during the attempted break in but it was not the December victim. I'm not sure if she had a roommate or if someone else had already moved in by that time.

Does the attack occuring between 4:30 and 9:00 a.m. mean that the victim was kept that long? That's 4 1/2 hours covering light and dark hours.

I hadn't noticed that time line before but that is horrible to think about. I do know that she was beaten so badly that the doctor who attended to her told the police that this perp would likely kill his next victim. Unfortunately, he/she was right.

I'm not sure exactly when she returned to Taiwan but it was reported she had already left by the time he tried to break into her apartment in January. There was someone in the apartment during the attempted break in but it was not the December victim. I'm not sure if she had a roommate or if someone else had already moved in by that time.

I'm wondering if the Dec. victim went home to Taiwan for both winter break and to recuperate from her injuries. While home in Taiwan she, along with her family, decided she wouldn't return to Reno after classes resumed. If she was undecided about whether or not to return, certainly the kidnapping and murder of Brianna Denison, convinced her she shouldn't return.

Although the December victim was able to describe the interior of the vehicle she was assaulted in, there's not enough identifying information about the exterior of the vehicle. People driving in Reno don't have much to go on - a darker colored extended cab pickup truck. There has to be thousands of them.

I really think it's going to take another attack or an incredible stroke of luck to find the perp.

That confused me too since it was Brianna who was abducted between the same hours ~ 4:30am when she last text messaged her boyfriend and 9:00am when the roommates got up and found her missing.

That confused me too since it was Brianna who was abducted between the same hours ~ 4:30am when she last text messaged her boyfriend and 9:00am when the roommates got up and found her missing.
That's a good point. Was it a 4.5 hour crime/abduction or are they not sure when it occurred? Maybe neither one and the person that wrote this is confused.

What I find most frustrating about this is this.;
when thousands of people were looking for this guy in the weeks immediately following the abduction, they/we were looking for a very small perp with a large truck. Now that the blue ribbons are few and far between, and the case is as cold as a naked witch in the antarctic, we're( they) are looking for a man with a large build that could be 6'4" and a small to mid size truck.WTF?!

IMHO, wouldn't it have been better to say" Hey, we just don't have a description but who the he## owns these panties? Is there anyone out there that discounted a possible suspect because the description of the suspect AND the vehicle weren't even close? All it would have taken was one possible suspect and one suspecting person that said to herself" Yeah , the guy is really strange at times and I can see him doing this but nothing matches,Oh, well." Do you think she keeps checking websites and news stories to keep updated on "descriptor" changes? Nope.

I'm disappointed and frustrated and if my skateboard gets stolen I won't be depending on LE to get it back for me, that's for darn sure.

I check this site everyday and I reluctantly agree with alot of you that we may have to wait for another victim. There is very little else to say at this point. Whoever perpetrated these crimes is a psychotic . That I think we all agree on.

That's a good point. Was it a 4.5 hour crime/abduction or are they not sure when it occurred? Maybe neither one and the person that wrote this is confused.

when thousands of people were looking for this guy in the weeks immediately following the abduction, they/we were looking for a very small perp with a large truck. Now that the blue ribbons are few and far between, and the case is as cold as a naked witch in the antarctic, we're( they) are looking for a man with a large build that could be 6'4" and a small to mid size truck.WTF?!

IMHO, wouldn't it have been better to say" Hey, we just don't have a description but who the he## owns these panties? Is there anyone out there that discounted a possible suspect because the description of the suspect AND the vehicle weren't even close? All it would have taken was one possible suspect and one suspecting person that said to herself" Yeah , the guy is really strange at times and I can see him doing this but nothing matches,Oh, well." Do you think she keeps checking websites and news stories to keep updated on "descriptor" changes? Nope.

I'm disappointed and frustrated and if my skateboard gets stolen I won't be depending on LE to get it back for me, that's for darn sure.

I check this site everyday and I reluctantly agree with alot of you that we may have to wait for another victim. There is very little else to say at this point. Whoever perpetrated these crimes is a psychotic . That I think we all agree on.
I'll have to look back, but I didn't think the time line for the Dec. 16 attack was the same as for Brianna's abduction/murder. I also noticed the description of the perp/truck seems to have been reversed (small man/big truck to big man/small truck), and maybe that's from some miscommunication between LE and the victim? Whatever, I agree that the discrepancy might have stopped someone from calling in a tip but hopefully someday soon he'll be caught.

I believe she is being hypnotized.....the info on the inside of the vehicle is detailed...to remember those things one has to be hypnotized...

I believe she is being hypnotized.....the info on the inside of the vehicle is detailed...to remember those things one has to be hypnotized...

Interesting....I asked someone that after reading the updated description. Sounds like she was hypnotized to me too. The new description is much more detailed.

This case is so damned frustrating. I can't stand waiting....especially for another victim!:eek:

I am waiting here for more
I am waiting by your door
I am waiting on your back steps
I am waiting in my car
I am waiting at this bar
I am waiting for your essence

http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/williams-lucinda/essence-2995.html

Chilling, isn't it? (Her lyrics are really disturbing when you read them, imo.) It reminded me of this refrain when you said you couldn't stand waiting...especially for another victim. Is that what he is thinking, too?

<snip>

What really irks me is that they announce a PC 2 days ahead of time to tell us about the pink panties.... they know where they came from, who they belonged to and whose DNA was on them. No help to the public at all...but it helped their image in regard to the wrong info being released. HOWEVER, when information about the suspect and his vehicle is changed it is hardly a blip in the newsflash department. Do you think you might want to get people's attention on this information???? This info might actually help the public ID this !!! I don't mean to be too critical of LE because I'm sure this case is eating at them but in regard to what how they are using the media it seems like their image is more important than catching this creep. While I know this can't be true my frustration is getting to me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246