CA - Natalie Wood, 43, drowned off California coast, 29 Nov 1981

I see this as an accidental drowning. I think she was drunk and tried to stop the lifeboat hitting against the side of the boat and fell in the water. They all had been drinking quite heavily that night. There will always be gossip attached to this case but I can't see anything changing as far as this being an accidental death.

I see this as an accidental drowning. I think she was drunk and tried to stop the lifeboat hitting against the side of the boat and fell in the water. They all had been drinking quite heavily that night. There will always be gossip attached to this case but I can't see anything changing as far as this being an accidental death.

Her death is no longer considered an accident. It is being investigated by homicide detectives, as it should have been from the start. The bruises on her body were consistent with a struggle, not accidental drowning. Which means she was abused before she was put into the water. While Natalie did have alcohol in her system, she was not drunk. If you are a Natalie Wood fan, as I am, you should know of her great fear of water, especially dark water. There's no way she would have gone out to re-tie the dinghy (and they don't make noise, by the way), or much less gone out in it. She was in her nightgown. The cause of death has been changed from accidental to undetermined.

There is no logical reason for why Robert Wagner waited hours before calling for help. And he contacted the Coast Guard after he contacted his attorney. There's something wrong with that picture. And his story about how he went down to the bedroom to find her missing has been exposed as a lie. Witnesses have come forward who heard him and Natalie arguing on the deck that night, not just the captain of the boat.

Wagner has hired a criminal defense attorney, and as I stated in my previous post, is not cooperating with investigators. He was seen out with Jill St. John a mere ten weeks after Natalie's death, Valentine's Day, 1982.

Natalie suffered the cruel fate she feared all her life. Two young girls were robbed for their mother.

Justice needs to be served in this case.

There is so much suspicion. I'm sure some people know a lot more than they are saying. So very sad for Natalie and her kids. If Walken knows that much more, who does he think he is, hiding it forever? I really doubt he had anything to do with any crime if there was one. But was he a part of the cover up? And was it, like Teddy Kennedy, only to save his career?

and nothings getting done? i'd like to see some transcripts... i just saw a show on celebrity hollywood deaths that says the capt. implicates RJ in the death.

Robert Wagner has been named "a person of interest" by the LASD.

His refusal to cooperate has aroused suspicions of both law enforcement and the general public. He has hired a criminal defense attorney. Innocent people have no qualms about being interviewed. This is a homicide investigation. If he has nothing to hide, what's his problem?

Dennis Davern and Christopher Walken have cooperated. Davern has taken two polygraphs, has undergone hypnosis and is helping the investigation any way he can.

Wagner knows if he had to answer in depth questions about that night in 1981, he would end up incriminating himself. In the interview with Charlie Rose he says that Natalie "rolled" into the water. He gave himself away. Notice other times he stated that she must have fallen or slipped - then he says she rolled into the water. Disturbing visual.

Natalie was abused before she was put into the water; Wagner delayed calling for help because he wanted to make sure that she wouldn't be rescued.

The next step is for him to be finally named a suspect.

Wagner has been named "a person of interest" by the LASD. That's a start.

I'll be surprised if he ever serves time. He is getting older & older...

WORLD EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: NATALIE WOOD DEATH NEW FORENSIC EVIDENCE
Published on: March 26, 2015
by DOUGLAS MONTERO, JEN HEGER & ANDREA SIMPSON, National ENQUIRER
While Wagner, 85, has not been named “a suspect” in Natalie’s death, the top cop told The ENQUIRER that he – along with Dennis and Walken – is now classified as “a person of interest” in the investigation. He said that determination was made after the L.A. Coroner’s Office changed the cause of Natalie’s death from “accidental drowning” to “drowning and other undermined factors.”

Said Lt. Corina: “(Of the three), Wagner is the only person who is not cooperating and talking to us. I think it speaks volumes that he won’t speak about his wife’s death … As far as we know, he was the last person to be seen or heard talking to Natalie before she went missing!”

WORLD EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: NATALIE WOOD DEATH NEW FORENSIC EVIDENCE
Published on: March 26, 2015
by DOUGLAS MONTERO, JEN HEGER & ANDREA SIMPSON, National ENQUIRER

Wagner may end up serving time, or at the very least, he should be held accountable; in the last year or so there was a former concentration camp prison guard who was found guilty of being an accessory of over 200 murders of the Holocaust, and he was 93 years old. I don't see why this case should be any different.

There is no statue of limitations on murder in the US.

Robert Wagner has been named "a person of interest" by the LASD.

His refusal to cooperate has aroused suspicions of both law enforcement and the general public. He has hired a criminal defense attorney. Innocent people have no qualms about being interviewed. This is a homicide investigation. If he has nothing to hide, what's his problem?

Dennis Davern and Christopher Walken have cooperated. Davern has taken two polygraphs, has undergone hypnosis and is helping the investigation any way he can.

Wagner knows if he had to answer in depth questions about that night in 1981, he would end up incriminating himself. In the interview with Charlie Rose he says that Natalie "rolled" into the water. He gave himself away. Notice other times he stated that she must have fallen or slipped - then he says she rolled into the water. Disturbing visual.

Natalie was abused before she was put into the water; Wagner delayed calling for help because he wanted to make sure that she wouldn't be rescued.

The next step is for him to be finally named a suspect.

Looks like Dr. Evil's #2 is in deep #2.

I just wanted to say something re: Dennis Davern. He did not wait years to come forward. He tried to come forward in the early 80s and was ignored. Never underestimate the power of celebrity. Notice how Robert Wagner reduced Davern to "the boat caretaker" in his book. Davern was much more than that. He was a trusted family friend. Natalie permitted him to babysit her daughters, which shows how much she trusted him. And he earned the money he received; never at any point did Wagner support him financially, nor has he ever asked Wagner for money. Wagner is the one who likes to insinuate that Davern and Natalie's sister Lana are out for money (this coming from someone who readily sues), because they are the ones who are persistent in pursuing justice for Natalie and wanted the case re-opened, which took place two years after "Goodbye Natalie, Goodbye Splendour" was published. Contrary to what RW's publicist stated at the time, there was no intent to make money or sell books; the case was re-opened and is being re-investigated because there is evidence to warrant it. And this BS about how Wagner has "fully cooperated" with authorities for over 30 years - he spoke to them once, back in 1981. That's it.

And always remember Natalie's fear of water; that the Splendour is actually quite a small boat and how high the railings are. Wagner's "story" that she must have slipped and fallen - that's awfully high up to slip and fall from. And how he said he went down to their bedroom to find her missing, when witnesses on other boats have since confirmed that they overheard Wagner and Natalie arguing on the deck, which corroborates Davern's account.

Just some more food for thought. :discuss:

Quite a coincidence that folks are posting here today. Last night, DH and I watched (and thoroughly enjoyed!) Turner Classic Movies tribute to host Robert Osborne who has been with the movie network since it launched 20 years ago. Among special guests paying tribute to Mr. Osborne were his dear friends, Robert Wagner and wife, Jill St. John.

...A taped version of the tribute shows Trebek, in "This Is Your Life" style, introducing various family members and friends who appear to honor and congratulate the much-loved TCM host. Joining cousins and nieces are longtime Osborne associates including fellow hosts Ben Mankiewicz and Alec Baldwin, and such celebrity guests as Eva Marie Saint, Diane Baker, Robert Wagner and his wife, Jill St. John. Tony Barbon, the first director of Osborne's TCM appearances, offers reminiscences, and Michael Feinstein performs a favorite Osborne tune, "The More I See You," from the 1945 film Diamond Horseshoe...

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/article/1081164|0/Robert-Osborne-s-20th-Anniversary-Tribute.html

Wagner may end up serving time, or at the very least, he should be held accountable; in the last year or so there was a former concentration camp prison guard who was found guilty of being an accessory of over 200 murders of the Holocaust, and he was 93 years old. I don't see why this case should be any different.

There is no statue of limitations on murder in the US.

Sorry; I didn't mean it like that. Wagner should have been charged years ago! I do not understand how he has gotten away with murder all these years! He must have had some sort of hold on the original LE; maybe they were blinded by his stardom back then. He needs to get charged already because as I said; he's getting older & older!

Sorry; I didn't mean it like that. Wagner should have been charged years ago! I do not understand how he has gotten away with murder all these years! He must have had some sort of hold on the original LE; maybe they were blinded by his stardom back then. He needs to get charged already because as I said; he's getting older & older!

No worries, Roselvr, I understood what you meant. I know some think that too much time has passed, and are concerned that he will never face the consequences for his actions, but it could happen (and let's hope it does). He's gotten away with it for far too long as it is. He's aged so much since the re-opening of the case and he must think the walls are closing in. About time, I'd say.

Quite a coincidence that folks are posting here today. Last night, DH and I watched (and thoroughly enjoyed!) Turner Classic Movies tribute to host Robert Osborne who has been with the movie network since it launched 20 years ago. Among special guests paying tribute to Mr. Osborne were his dear friends, Robert Wagner and wife, Jill St. John.

...A taped version of the tribute shows Trebek, in "This Is Your Life" style, introducing various family members and friends who appear to honor and congratulate the much-loved TCM host. Joining cousins and nieces are longtime Osborne associates including fellow hosts Ben Mankiewicz and Alec Baldwin, and such celebrity guests as Eva Marie Saint, Diane Baker, Robert Wagner and his wife, Jill St. John. Tony Barbon, the first director of Osborne's TCM appearances, offers reminiscences, and Michael Feinstein performs a favorite Osborne tune, "The More I See You," from the 1945 film Diamond Horseshoe...

http://www.tcm.com/this-month/article/1081164|0/Robert-Osborne-s-20th-Anniversary-Tribute.html

Wagner kisses butt and Osborne is all for it. He sucks up to Wagner too. What gets me is how Osborne and some others act like Wagner is some kind of legend when he's not. He can't even act, really. All he did was mimic classic stars, and he rode on the coattails of Natalie's fame. And he exaggerates his closeness to some of the great stars of the past, when they are conveniently deceased. Take his "affair" with Barbara Stanwyck, which he talked about years after she passed away. Would he have made such a claim if she was alive? I doubt it.

Wagner only talks about Natalie when it's on his terms. She always overshadowed him and she was far more talented than he ever has been. A huge factor that led up to what happened that night was his jealousy - not only that she could do without him but the mere fact that she was starting to pursue her career on a full-time basis again and he wanted her at home with the kids her fame wouldn't overshadow him or take her away from home. His obsessive jealousy also reared its ugly head when Natalie was shooting the miniseries "From Here To Eternity" in 1978. Wagner became so jealous of Natalie's chemistry with William Devane that he became drunk and tried to throw himself out the hotel window! He needed her more than she needed him, and he wanted to make sure that she would never get away from him. It's the classic, "if I can't have her, nobody will."

Wagner kisses butt and Osborne is all for it. He sucks up to Wagner too. What gets me is how Osborne and some others act like Wagner is some kind of legend when he's not. He can't even act, really. All he did was mimic classic stars, and he rode on the coattails of Natalie's fame. And he exaggerates his closeness to some of the great stars of the past, when they are conveniently deceased. Take his "affair" with Barbara Stanwyck, which he talked about years after she passed away. Would he have made such a claim if she was alive? I doubt it.

Wagner only talks about Natalie when it's on his terms. She always overshadowed him and she was far more talented than he ever has been. A huge factor that led up to what happened that night was his jealousy - not only that she could do without him but the mere fact that she was starting to pursue her career on a full-time basis again and he wanted her at home with the kids her fame wouldn't overshadow him or take her away from home. His obsessive jealousy also reared its ugly head when Natalie was shooting the miniseries "From Here To Eternity" in 1978. Wagner became so jealous of Natalie's chemistry with William Devane that he became drunk and tried to throw himself out the hotel window! He needed her more than she needed him, and he wanted to make sure that she would never get away from him. It's the classic, "if I can't have her, nobody will."

I used to watch Hart to Hart; can't recall anything about either of their acting.

Sounds like she was doubting him until he put it in her head that he felt they wanted him talking so that they could digitally construct words to incriminate him which makes no sense to me considering there should be enough from acting he's done to do the same thing.

Breaking Her Silence: Natalie Wood & Robert Wagner’s Daughter Speaks Out For The First Time About Her Family’s Dark Past
Courtney was invited by her best friend, legal crisis manager Wendy Feldman, to co-host her radio show last week. The visit marked the first time she has publicly commented about the fall-out from her mother’s death...

...But despite her own wariness of public attention, Courtney revealed her father’s notoriously press-shy ways have confused her in the past. “When I was recently out to dinner at Mr. Chow with my dad, he was not answering questions [from photographers],” she said. “And I was sort of put off, wondering why he wasn’t answering these simple questions. And then he explained to me that all they want is a soundbite. They just want some words that they can then concoct…you know, I got it.”

Courtney Wagner is not the most emotionally stable person in the world. When she was a teenager she tried to commit suicide by slitting her wrists (and she surrounded herself with pictures of her mother during the attempt) and she has had issues with drugs. Unlike her older half-sister, Natasha Gregson Wagner, Courtney has had no parental figure in her life other than Wagner. She was barely allowed to see her grandmother, her aunt Lana was cut out of her life, she has stated she has very few memories of her mother and has probably been brainwashed and told lies about her mother and her mother's relatives. In that situation, who was she going to believe? She must have doubts in the back of her head, but she doesn't want to believe that her father could do such a thing. What gets me is how he uses her for his own selfish purposes, basically using her as a shield with the media, and for promotional purposes (like with his second book). And by the way, did you know that his book "You Must Remember This" was originally going to be a second autiobiography? He decided against it after the re-opening of the case, so he just used it as a way to connect himself with deceased celebrities (what a surprise).

Wagner will use anyone to protect his own behind, even his own daughter. It's disgusting.

I just wanted to say something re: Dennis Davern. He did not wait years to come forward. He tried to come forward in the early 80s and was ignored. Never underestimate the power of celebrity. Notice how Robert Wagner reduced Davern to "the boat caretaker" in his book. Davern was much more than that. He was a trusted family friend. Natalie permitted him to babysit her daughters, which shows how much she trusted him. And he earned the money he received; never at any point did Wagner support him financially, nor has he ever asked Wagner for money. Wagner is the one who likes to insinuate that Davern and Natalie's sister Lana are out for money (this coming from someone who readily sues), because they are the ones who are persistent in pursuing justice for Natalie and wanted the case re-opened, which took place two years after "Goodbye Natalie, Goodbye Splendour" was published. Contrary to what RW's publicist stated at the time, there was no intent to make money or sell books; the case was re-opened and is being re-investigated because there is evidence to warrant it. And this BS about how Wagner has "fully cooperated" with authorities for over 30 years - he spoke to them once, back in 1981. That's it.

And always remember Natalie's fear of water; that the Splendour is actually quite a small boat and how high the railings are. Wagner's "story" that she must have slipped and fallen - that's awfully high up to slip and fall from. And how he said he went down to their bedroom to find her missing, when witnesses on other boats have since confirmed that they overheard Wagner and Natalie arguing on the deck, which corroborates Davern's account.

Just some more food for thought. :discuss:

Wanted to post this yesterday but had to take my daughter to school. How many books has Wagner written? I found 2.
Would love to read the one by Dennis Davern

Goodbye Natalie, Goodbye Splendour Paperback – August 26, 2014 by Marti Rulli (Author), Dennis Davern (Contributor)
Goodbye Natalie, Goodbye Splendour is the long-awaited, detailed account of events that led to the mysterious death of Hollywood legend Natalie Wood off the coast of Catalina Island on November 28, 1981. It is a story told by a haunted witness to that fateful evening: Dennis Davern, the young captain of Splendour, the yacht belonging to Wood and husband Robert Wagner. Davern initially backed up Wagner's version of that evening's events through a signed statement prepared by attorneys. But Davern's guilt over failing Natalie tormented him. Davern reached out to his old friend Marti Rulli, and little by little, at his own emotional pace, he revealed the details of his years in Wood's employ, of the fateful weekend that Natalie died, and of the events following her death that prevented him from telling the whole story-until now.

Pieces of My Heart: A Life Paperback – Bargain Price, September 15, 2009 by Robert J. Wagner
The New York Times bestseller Pieces of My Heart is the revelation-filled memoir from one of Hollywood’s most talented actors, Robert J. Wagner. He offers readers a candid and deeply personal look at his life and career, from his rise to stardom among legends like Cary Grant and Barbara Stanwyck to his troubled marriage, divorce, and remarriage to starlet Natalie Wood. With color photographs and never-before-told stories, this is a quintessentially American, remarkably candid story of one of the great sons of Hollywood.

You Must Remember This: Life and Style in Hollywood's Golden Age Paperback – January 27, 2015 by Robert J. Wagner
Film and television star Robert Wagner has been delighting audiences for more than sixty years, and his many fans flocked to bookstores when he began to record his memories on the page. In his second New York Times bestseller, Wagner shares stories of Hollywood life behind the scenes from the 1930s through the 1950s. As poignant as it is revealing—and filled with magical moments like Judy Garland singing Gershwin at a dinner party thrown by Clifton Webb and golf games with Fred Astaire—You Must Remember This is Wagner’s tender farewell to a legendary era

Courtney Wagner is not the most emotionally stable person in the world. When she was a teenager she tried to commit suicide by slitting her wrists (and she surrounded herself with pictures of her mother during the attempt) and she has had issues with drugs. Unlike her older half-sister, Natasha Gregson Wagner, Courtney has had no parental figure in her life other than Wagner. She was barely allowed to see her grandmother, her aunt Lana was cut out of her life, she has stated she has very few memories of her mother and has probably been brainwashed and told lies about her mother and her mother's relatives. In that situation, who was she going to believe? She must have doubts in the back of her head, but she doesn't want to believe that her father could do such a thing. What gets me is how he uses her for his own selfish purposes, basically using her as a shield with the media, and for promotional purposes (like with his second book). And by the way, did you know that his book "You Must Remember This" was originally going to be a second autiobiography? He decided against it after the re-opening of the case, so he just used it as a way to connect himself with deceased celebrities (what a surprise).

Wagner will use anyone to protect his own behind, even his own daughter. It's disgusting.

I can't even imagine the pain she has related to losing her mother. I pray that if he gets charged that it's not too late for her to have a relationship with her moms side of the family.

Wagner has written two books, "Pieces Of My Heart" (the autobiography) and "You Must Remember This". He was, however, the primary source for the shameful, derogatory "biography", "Natalie Wood: A Life" by the late Gavin Lambert. That book is so full of lies and insults toward Natalie and her family. Avoid it like the plague!

If you haven't read "Goodbye Natalie, Goodbye Splendour" by Marti Rulli with Dennis Davern, by all means, try to find a copy. There you will get answers to many questions, and the truth, which is something Wagner would never tell. Natalie's sister Lana has suffered for years over losing her sister and the circumstances surrounding her death, not to mention the horrific treatment she has received from Wagner and his toadies. How selfish was he to exclude Natalie's family from Natasha and Courtney's lives? It was all about him, he didn't want them around, because god forbid the girls may have actually learned more about their mother and end up with questions about what happened that terrible night in 1981. Self-preservation always comes first for Wagner.

Natalie always wanted her children to have freedom of choice, something that she did not have growing up. Wagner denied them that right.

ALot like Jodi arias and Travis..except the roles reversed.

Wagner's account of that evening has always had some hinky gaps in it.
Christopher Walken needs to man up and disclose what really happened that night.
I suspect she was roaring drunk and fell in. Wagner was pissed off and didn't attempt to help her until it was too late. That seems the most likely to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back