Real Reason for Search Stopping?

I don't understand why the women were sobbing so much...unless they did find something and are not allowed to say anything about it yet? I do understand they are very emotionally involved, as is everyone, but Tim is not pulling out of the search forever; just until these "environmental conditions" improve. So why that level of grief today? It's easy to conclude that something was located to make them so emotional, but I don't like jumping to conclusions. :confused:

It is also reasonable to assume that the job these people are doing is emotionally overwhelming. This is compounded by the fear and hope that they may find what they are looking for. And the anger that the one who knows refuses to help.

Is there any reason why no one searched for a body over a month ago? LE and most reasonable people have thought Caylee to be deceased pretty much from the time Casey was arrested.

Did they have to wait for DNA and other evidence before looking for a body? It just seems like so much time has elapsed that the possibiliby of finding the body and any real evidence on it is slim.

Do you think LE was looking for a body before now?

Having the DNA would make them call off the search? Oh okay! Let's just give up the chance to make our case stronger.

A good majority of the money's they are searching with is donated, and not LE's money So if it's not their money ... Not their call so much, on that aspect!

and they
If it was only the DNA they were waiting for, and they have enough to call off the search, then why isn't she charged with murder? Since they so leakishly have it, why not say, "hey you're hung."

I agree it's emotionally overwhelming and taxing. I just wonder what made it even more so yesterday (Sunday)? Or do they end each day with this level of tears and frustration and we're just not privy to it because there aren't press conferences everyday?

I still feel like something happened...something more than wet weather. But who knows...

I don't think Tim Miller would leave and say they will come back in a few weeks if he knew that baby was there. He would not leave lil caylee out there if he knew where she was.
Maybe the just found something else.

But if a body was found today wouldn't LE be the ones to recover it and not Equusearch? I just assumed that they would have to be careful to not disturb any evidence that may remain in the area and to document the scene every step of the way. So Tim may know where Caylee is but the investigation might just be out of his hands at this point.

They are pavers..it's not a slab of concrete. I'm not exactly sure why they haven't dug under them. Maybe the amount of evidence that they do have just points in the other direction out near the airport and the evidence is overwhelming.

THEY did dug under these and the other areas in the yard way back on the 16th and 17th of July. It is in the documents.

It is also reasonable to assume that the job these people are doing is emotionally overwhelming. This is compounded by the fear and hope that they may find what they are looking for. And the anger that the one who knows refuses to help.

ITA! We can speculate on other reasons, but right now, nothing has been confirmed that anything was found today.

But if a body was found today wouldn't LE be the ones to recover it and not Equusearch? I just assumed that they would have to be careful to not disturb any evidence that may remain in the area and to document the scene every step of the way. So Tim may know where Caylee is but the investigation might just be out of his hands at this point.

Yes, that is correct and Tim would not be lying. There is no way, whatever they found they can say for sure it was Caylee. The family and the lawyer, without DNA, would say it wasn't her if she was wearing her clothes with her name written on them

Exactly. That's why Equuasearch is leaving. They cant recover the remains, the special unit they called in will do it. I do believe they found "something". for sure.

Webcam thread is gone, search is suspended, webcam isn't working...I don't like this.

I think those in the know have been asked not to say anything yet, but I have a feeling Caylee's body has been found.

Don't know whether to be sad or relieved.

If something was located, I think that the area would be cleared, local PD, Crime unit and the ME would be called in.

All others would be told something to clear the area.

It would be hard to keep that away from the media they have scanners too.

i was hopeing she was still alive . at least my heart was .. but on the other hand the baby deserves to have a proper burial and her egg donor needs to pay if she did it .

Someone posted in another thread that they thought the cams were not manned at night...

I do not have a good feeling either.

Exactly. That's why Equuasearch is leaving. They cant recover the remains, the special unit they called in will do it. I do believe they found "something". for sure.

Tim's reaction and his obvoiusly carefully worded statement along with the reaction of his searchers are what lead me to believe that they may have made an important discovery. I have seen Tim give press conferences after searches in other heartbreaking cases such as teh Natalee Holloway case and I have never seen such an intense level of emotion. Those searchers must have seen/heard something powerful to move so many to tears.

I pray that if they have found little Caylee's body that somehow it has been miraculously preserved to allow undeniable identification of this dear child.

If something was located, I think that the area would be cleared, local PD, Crime unit and the ME would be called in.

All others would be told something to clear the area.

It would be hard to keep that away from the media they have scanners too.

They do have private channels for ongoing investigations. Hard to say

This was posted by one of the searcher today.

I got home from the search about an hour ago and I have been pondering what to post on here. I want to say something without saying too much, if you know what I mean. I've rewritten this several times to try to get it right.

It was very hot today, but no different than any other Florida summer day. We were encouraged to drink a lot of water. Our ATV driver had a cooler with him that was fully stocked.

The ground has dried significantly. We didn't encounter any substantial water today in any of my searches (other than ponds, lakes, etc). Yesterday was pretty much the same. Some muddy areas, but nothing major. There were areas with standing water that most likely had been dry in the past, but we're not talking about 3 feet of water...nothing that major. Are there swamps to deal with? Yes, but that will always be the case in Florida. I'm not saying that the conditions I had were the same for other searchers, but that was my experience yesterday and today.

Today’s search was eventful and productive. After leaving command center, I returned to my search location and it was blocked off with police tape. I will be watching the news closely over the next few days.

That's really all I can say. I would love to go into more details, but I just can't. I'm not trying to be mysterious and cryptic, but I would hate to jeopardize the investigation in any way.

Since Tim has said that the search was called off for environmental reasons, I guess we just have to take that at face value and trust that Tim knows what he is doing. I've only met him today and he seems like a top-notch guy.

Ok Guys, this post says it ALL. Why was she scared she may "say too much". Also, she speak about the ground, the water. She specifically states that the grounds have pretty much all dried up.. Some ares of standing water, but no more then 3 feet. This tells me without a doubt that the reason for the search being "called off" is not the rising water "conditions". Also she says that she doesn't want to jeopardize the case, well if nothing was "found" why then oh why would she even need to say that. No one would go home and ponder on how much to say here and read their post over to make sure "they didn't say too much", if nothing at all happened today.!! come on!! this post SAYS IT ALL!!

I guess I wonder how the can say they can't get to it but they found it.
They can get to anything......

Maybe they found something of hers floating and don't want to disturb the scene walking around in the water and are waiting for the water to go down to get more evidence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back