Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much has been said about Art Margulis and how great he is. So much mention of his getting Dennis Bulloch off after he murdered his wife, Julie, that I, like many I am sure, are worried about his getting CC off. I read this comment today on the Post site and find it heartening.

"lajr56 May 18, 2009 12:10AM CST
Remember - Margulis is a defense attorney. He defends criminals. You can do a search of his cases and you will find many (most in fact) that were convicted.

But, this reminds those of us here in town, on this board, of what COULD possibly happen."

Did not Connor say the family was "targeted"?

We're not privy to how he came to that conclusion. People who are "targeted" are sometimes the subject of threats.
And sometimes they are "targeted" by the killer living in the same house. It was also said this was an isolated incident...meaning the killer was not likely to attack anyone else so people could feel safe. If it was some nutjob who "targeted" this family, how could LE be so certain he would not go after JM, Rev. Coleman, his wife, and others associated with Chris?! How could they with any confidence make such a claim knowing they did not have a clue who the suspect could be? I can answer that one...because they were looking at their suspect and knew they were not going to let him harm anyone else.

Back to the delay in arresting the NOT suspect. Reading the below post on a news blog showed a new element to this case. The pros apparently knows that they definitely need EVERY PIECE of evidence down pat before they charge this guy. IF Chris' attorney could actually persuade a jury to believe the bogus story as relayed below, GOOD GRIEF! is all I can say.

No wonder Chris obtained this particular attorney's services.

Wonders will never cease
:eek:
fran

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...75B90005D83A?OpenDocument#tp_newCommentAnchor

lajr56 May 17, 2009 11:41PM CST
Even seven years. ANYTHING is better than Life With no Parole or Death.

I keep going back to this because I was around here in STL back in the 80's when Margulis made his name for himself.

Dennis Bulloch wrapped is sweet loving naive wife in 37 yards of Duct Tape...in the garage...set it on fire...burned her to a crisp, then hopped a plane to make it look like he was somewhere else.

Then when he got busted.....he said "Well the truth is, we used Duct tape for kinky sex, it got out of control, and she died accidentally".

That is the defense Margulis (cc's lawyer) went with. The jury bought it, and he served 7 years for Involuntary Manslaughter. After he got out, they tried him again (cause they knew they has screwed up) for the arson. He was found guilty and was sentenced to ............time served.

He walks free to this day.

I have to ask a question regarding the "threat letters". Is there a record made, at LE, of complaints made by the Coleman's? Does LE have past letters that were "mailed" to this family? Was this family ever under watch by LE regarding their safety? Something bothers me here.

Thanks.....

Back to the delay in arresting the NOT suspect. Reading the below post on a news blog showed a new element to this case. The pros apparently knows that they definitely need EVERY PIECE of evidence down pat before they charge this guy. IF Chris' attorney could actually persuade a jury to believe the bogus story as relayed below, GOOD GRIEF! is all I can say.

No wonder Chris obtained this particular attorney's services.

Wonders will never cease
:eek:
fran

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...75B90005D83A?OpenDocument#tp_newCommentAnchor

lajr56 May 17, 2009 11:41PM CST
Even seven years. ANYTHING is better than Life With no Parole or Death.

I keep going back to this because I was around here in STL back in the 80's when Margulis made his name for himself.

Dennis Bulloch wrapped is sweet loving naive wife in 37 yards of Duct Tape...in the garage...set it on fire...burned her to a crisp, then hopped a plane to make it look like he was somewhere else.

Then when he got busted.....he said "Well the truth is, we used Duct tape for kinky sex, it got out of control, and she died accidentally".

That is the defense Margulis (cc's lawyer) went with. The jury bought it, and he served 7 years for Involuntary Manslaughter. After he got out, they tried him again (cause they knew they has screwed up) for the arson. He was found guilty and was sentenced to ............time served.

He walks free to this day.
Wow. :eek: I guess the wife wasn't the only naive person in that case. WTH?!

Hello OrdinaryLife,

Speculating that Chris is the perp (we don't know yet)...

Made perfect sense... I think that the plan was put together, but somehow it got skewed. "IF" Sheri had a broken jaw, I think it is possible that an explosion pushed the plan forward, he decked her and decided to go forward at that point in time. I think it is possible that the children may then have come into contact with the scene, he may have said "Shut up and go to your room" and then he did whatever. Of course, we don't have the facts -- and whatever they will be, they will be sickening. Did he plan the children in the original plan? Maybe not, but whoever did this did murder the children too.

Well, how about this... It was a plan, but it happened earlier than that planned called for. Perhaps something occured that CC did not expect. The two little guys were not intended (I'd like to think, though that is truly moot, huh.), but SC was. We have seen murders that were planned, but due to "circumstances" were carried out before the murderer finished doing what they needed to do to cover it up. Meaning, rush job.

Did any of that makes sense???

W

I have to ask a question regarding the "threat letters". Is there a record made, at LE, of complaints made by the Coleman's? Does LE have past letters that were "mailed" to this family? Was this family ever under watch by LE regarding their safety? Something bothers me here.

Thanks.....
LE was requested to come out and "document" the threats. It has been stated by neighbors that LE does have the so-called threats. They were not under guard for their safety, but it is rumored the traffic cam on the entrance was pointed at the house (but this could be a mistake and be the camera Chris put up instead).

There is no way the threats were actually mailed because there would be no need for the camera Chris had aimed at the mailbox. The US Postal Inspectors would have taken over the case and his mail would have been stopped by them before it was delivered. Besides, if they were mailed...what good would it do to have a camera to watch the mailman deliver the mail?! Makes no sense.

Thanks.....

OL, I don't have a link right now, but I have read that Sheri even contacted the school about the alleged threats. It was probably so they'd keep an extra eye on the boys.

LE did say the family had contacted them because they wanted it 'documented.'

So read into that what you will.

FWIW, I've had thoughts that, could it be possible that Chris' g/f or someone else may have sent the wife a letter about his infidelities and this was Chris' story, someone was out to get him, it was bs, trying to cause him trouble? This sounds totally like a concocted story a cheater might make up to get himself out of *hot water.*

Working on that premis, could it be possible that Sheri found out it was all a hoax and that's what was the catalyst of the FINAL ROUND?

Interesting,
fran

PS....I have seen cases where that is exactly what happened, the wife received an anonymous letter telling on her husband. IE......Kathleen Salvio found out about Stacy from someone at the police dept., telling her she was the laughing stock because Drew had a younger g/f........fran

Below is the link to the new thread. I'm asking this one to be locked.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3757335#post3757335"]Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt4 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288