MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The balloon boy case is another one.... fame laced with financial gain. People do crazy things.

That is true and they were arrested. If the police know this is a hoax why haven't they arrested them? jmo

i would give this post a 100 "thanks" if i could!

LE obviously(to me) is not interested in looking at anyone else. that worries me. why does LE think that? if they are so sure the family has done something to Lisa, why have they not arrested them? i would be ANGRY if i was innocent, and LE refused to look elsewhere.

Besides the teenager/neighbor, and the California tip, we have no idea who the police are looking at. We have no idea what they've found or know, at this point, because they are not obligated to tell us.

Why would LE want to look at the parents if they have nothing to go on? Chips and giggles? The public has no right to know what evidence there is in an ongoing case.

I'll look, wish me luck. It was posted sometime today.

If someone has a link please please please post it for me.

I read it, too, on Stltoday.com -- will go get it

Baby's Parents Back Out Of KMBC Interview

Cliff Judy reports what happened with the interviews with every news station the parents had planned on.

Video

http://www.kmbc.com/video/29428156/detail.html

Instead they're weighing the pros and cons of setting up a reward, and having a family rest day. I thought yesterday was family rest day.

My 15 year old ran away and I could not sleep until she was home. And I didn't. You don't rest when your child is missing. Maybe never again.

Was this search for Baby Doe in this same neighborhood? Or same city? tia

It's the same city but Precious Doe was found south of the river, south of where Lisa is missing from.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precious_Doe"]Precious Doe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/08/us/missouri-missing-girl/

updated at 4:20pm est 10/8
Kansas City, Missouri (CNN) -- A frantic search for a missing 10-month-old Missouri girl left investigators scouring a Kansas City neighborhood Saturday, a day after searching a nearby creek and landfill.
snip
Michael Lerette, a family spokesman for the parents of the missing infant, said police collected what could be forensic evidence in the case, but authorities have declined to comment on that claim.

bbm
imo

This^^^ I can barely talk to my husband about this case w/o crying. If the police wanted to question me, they could accompany while I searched high and low. If the police thought there was some clue in the woods behind the house, I'd be out there covering every square inch.

I would max out every credit card I had to print flyers, to get word out that my child was missing. But I would expect my family to step up and help w/that sort of stuff. I'd want to be there when my child was found.

Years ago, I very briefly "lost" my child in TJ Maxx. He was out of my sight for probably two minutes total, and it turns out he had hidden from me in a clothes rack.

During that very long two minutes, I marched through the immediate ailes, saying his name every time my heart beat, and I know this because I could feel my heart beating out of my chest.

I have a feeling it would be similar if my child ever goes mysteriously missing. I don't even know if I could take the time to sit in a police station, or sit in my home to interview with TV stations.

CliffJudy Cliff Judy
Shirts #LisaIrwin's family had made. Lisa's aunt didn't make it to KS Speedway w/fliers like she hoped, but is going tom http://img.ly/9dnF
1 hour ago

Let me guess. They're selling the shirts. But of course, you can't sell flyers.

According to, "A family spokesperson says they are trying to get a reward fund set up, print fliers, and print T-shirts to help with the search efforts." you are absolutely correct!

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/search-for-lisa-irwin-comes-to-a-halt#ixzz1aDzJA0m5

CliffJudy Cliff Judy
Shirts #LisaIrwin's family had made. Lisa's aunt didn't make it to KS Speedway w/fliers like she hoped, but is going tom http://img.ly/9dnF
1 hour ago

Let me guess. They're selling the shirts. But of course, you can't sell flyers.

Are they selling Tshirts??????????

but they suddenly closed up shop the other day. what searches did they do yesterday? today?

Isn't yesterday when they searched the landfill for the third time and also searched the parents back yard with metal detectors?

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...ith-law-enforcement-will-help-find-lisa-irwin

in the last two days police said they have searched at least 300 homes surrounding the north Kansas City home where 10- month-old Lisa Irwin was last seen at 10:30 Monday night.
People like Ron and Jasmine Thatch opened their doors when police asked to search.
“They just walked through and asked names; police looked in closets," said Jasmine Thatch.

I would like those were the first homes to be searched?

That article is dated on the 5th. I can personally vouch that they DID search those neighbors first. They had a list of who they had gotten a hold of and kept going back until they got everybody here.

As far as the family conducting their own search, they may be very limited if much of the immediate area is privately owned property. It could be that the best they can do at this time is distribute fliers.

If it was me (and I don't even have kids of my own) I wouldn't care who owned what I would search everywhere and if someone had a problem they would just have to call the police. If people who own land know a child is missing then I'm sure they would not mind searchers looking for said child.

There is something really wrong with these two parents to say they are going to take a family day off tomorrow. Who is Lisa??? She is their family and they need to find her.

People can defend the parent(s) all they want but I'm starting to think the Mom did something to that child.

MOO.

I found this article today.
It states LE hadn't talked with LE since Thursday.
We now know the parents talked to LE on the phone today.

Thanks. I'm gonna rant now. Not directed at you! This is the worst case of semantics I have seen. Seems there is a difference of views between the parents and LE. Cooperating vs cooperating. Meeting with that agency is not our agency, hence the parents haven't met with us. Parents haven't sat down with us in person means we haven't communicated with them at all.

Sigh.

thanks to all who linked me to the article about the stray kitten :)

I guess I am curious as to what is so interesting/telling/shocking about the kitten angle? Maybe I am just being obtuse, but I don't see what is so notable about them taking in a stray kitten. With all the posts about this kitten I thought perhaps it played some instrumental role in this case of a missing child.

As to why the parents are giving these kinds of details. I think they are pretty much damned if they do - damned if they don't.

There will be a faction/mindset that says "see, all this unneeded detail, it is weird, and makes me suspicious."

If the parents just stick to the basics of we found her missing, we ran around the house,we called 911 there will be an equally convinced faction/mindset that says "hey, their answers sound scripted, why no details of their evening, why just these few facts being given by mom and dad?"

Still hoping and praying this baby is found, unharmed.

For me, yes, it's a tiny detail, but it's one that wasn't given right away.

I wondered a couple of threads ago where the kitten was found....or if a stranger gave it to the little boy...etc. etc.

It's probably absolutely nothing, but like I said, just another detail to give us the bigger picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288