UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, these 2 have got to be drug addicts, there is NO way they could be this stupid and delusional without the help of drugs!

Drugs could be very much to blame in this case as NS has a record for that. But, as hard as it is to imagine, people are capable of doing very horrible things to other people and even children. There is a case on trial near me that is as horriffic as this one and there were no drugs found on the mom and step-dad. Nor in the home.

I will link the case for any that are interested in reading about this precious little girl who's life was also cut too short by evil.

Blaine Milam - on trial for murder of 13mo-old Amora Bain Carson (Texas) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

She also described NS as a kind and sensitive spirit who just wanted to give to others. :no:

It was things like that that influenced my perception of her and made me suspicious about her saying she saw Ethan on the 5th, and he was happy and healthy.

I haven't seen anything else, and I'm curious to know if she continues in this vein or not.

Here's the video wherein she says all these things. (There's another video of her that is just a short excerpt of this one, and it misses a lot.)
http://www.abc4.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?articleID=97728

Thank you for this link! I find her very believable and IMOO NS and SS snowed her. She truly believed SS was good for NS and may have even changed him... she also takes some of the blame upon herself, which is something I've heard very little of from some of the parents in these horrendous cases! I would be very surprised if she saw anything wrong with Ethan when she was there. After all I've read, seen, and heard in this case, I cannot help but believe that SS is the controller, NS was just thrilled to find someone who would let him be himself, and I thank God they're in custody, and I cry for Ethan and those who loved him!

Ethan's obituary :(

http://www.grundyfuneralhome.com/Obituary Files/ethan_jonathan_david_stacy.htm

es1.jpg

ETHAN JONATHAN DAVID STACY, 4 years old of Richlands, Virginia, passed away Saturday, May 11, 2010 in Layton, Utah. Born at Fort Stewart Army Base in Savannah, Georgia on September 22, 2005, he was the son of Joe Gary Stacy of Richlands, Virginia. Ethan was a fun loving boy who enjoyed life and loved playing with his Transformers.

Ethan is survived by his loving father – Joe Gary Stacy and his fiancé Becky Leigh Elswick of Richlands, Virginia, One sister – Alisa Destiny Stacy, Mt. Carmel, IL, One Brother – Destrian Jonathan David Stacy, Mt. Carmel, IL, Paternal Grandmother – Peggy Jo and her husband David Akers, Grundy, VA, Paternal Grandfather – Gary Steven and his wife Freda Stacy, Hurley, VA, Maternal grandparents – John and Katrina Busby, Apopka, FL

He is also survived by several Aunts, Uncles and Cousins.

Funeral services for ETHAN JONATHAN DAVID STACY will be conducted Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 1:00 P.M. at the Grundy Funeral Home Chapel with Evangelist Mike Rife officiating with burial to follow in the Clinch Valley Memorial Cemetery, Richlands, Virginia.

Friends may call at the Grundy Funeral Home chapel after 5:00 P.M. Tuesday with evening services at 7:00 P.M.

Active Pallbearers will be Marshall Osborne, Brett Sword, Aaron Keene and Jacob Keene.

A memorial fund has been set up for Ethan Stacy at Tru Point Bank – P. O. Box 1010 – Grundy, Virginia 24614 – Ethan Stacy Memorial Fund.

Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.grundyfuneralhome.com

Grundy Funeral Home of Grundy, Virginia is in charge of all arrangements.

-------------

Seems we were right. He did die on Saturday. Sounds like the ME is doing an outstanding job, IMO.

I'm also glad to see that Joe has a fiancee; I know Michelle has been so supportive, but I was hoping he had someone there with him.

I can't attend the funeral, as I'm at work that day. I'm going to do my damndest to attend the family night on Tuesday, if at all possible.

ETA: I didn't notice the date doesn't match the day; thanks easttexas for pointing that out. I'll contact the funeral home and get some clarification.

I am glad that Joe has Michelle to lean on during this difficult time. I am thankful they seem to have a great relationship despite being divorced. It has to be so hard on both of them even though Michelle was not his "real" mom it sounds like she was more of one than SS ever was. I cannot even imagine what the two older kids are going through. This horrible tragedy can only bring this family closer.

Not so sure that Joe and Michelle have such a good relationship if you can believe the last paragraph in the following publication on Friday on the Deseret News

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...red-couple-accused-in-Ethan-Stacys-death.html

In other court documents obtained by the Deseret News Thursday, Joe Stacy filed for a protective order in 2007 against another spouse, Michelle Rodriguez, whom he also feared would take his children and flee to London while he was away on military duty.

Joe Stacy claimed in court documents that Rodriguez pulled a knife on him, slapped their kids, left them alone in a room while she went to a bar and then brought men back to the apartment to have sexual relations while the children were still there.

Ethan's obituary :(

http://www.grundyfuneralhome.com/Obituary Files/ethan_jonathan_david_stacy.htm

es1.jpg

ETHAN JONATHAN DAVID STACY, 4 years old of Richlands, Virginia, passed away Saturday, May 11, 2010 in Layton, Utah. Born at Fort Stewart Army Base in Savannah, Georgia on September 22, 2005, he was the son of Joe Gary Stacy of Richlands, Virginia. Ethan was a fun loving boy who enjoyed life and loved playing with his Transformers.

Ethan is survived by his loving father – Joe Gary Stacy and his fiancé Becky Leigh Elswick of Richlands, Virginia, One sister – Alisa Destiny Stacy, Mt. Carmel, IL, One Brother – Destrian Jonathan David Stacy, Mt. Carmel, IL, Paternal Grandmother – Peggy Jo and her husband David Akers, Grundy, VA, Paternal Grandfather – Gary Steven and his wife Freda Stacy, Hurley, VA, Maternal grandparents – John and Katrina Busby, Apopka, FL

He is also survived by several Aunts, Uncles and Cousins.

Funeral services for ETHAN JONATHAN DAVID STACY will be conducted Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 1:00 P.M. at the Grundy Funeral Home Chapel with Evangelist Mike Rife officiating with burial to follow in the Clinch Valley Memorial Cemetery, Richlands, Virginia.

Friends may call at the Grundy Funeral Home chapel after 5:00 P.M. Tuesday with evening services at 7:00 P.M.

Active Pallbearers will be Marshall Osborne, Brett Sword, Aaron Keene and Jacob Keene.

A memorial fund has been set up for Ethan Stacy at Tru Point Bank – P. O. Box 1010 – Grundy, Virginia 24614 – Ethan Stacy Memorial Fund.

Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.grundyfuneralhome.com

Grundy Funeral Home of Grundy, Virginia is in charge of all arrangements.

-------------

Seems we were right. He did die on Saturday. Sounds like the ME is doing an outstanding job, IMO.

I'm also glad to see that Joe has a fiancee; I know Michelle has been so supportive, but I was hoping he had someone there with him.

I can't attend the funeral, as I'm at work that day. I'm going to do my damndest to attend the family night on Tuesday, if at all possible.

this is confusing for me....he was reported missing on the 10th?? I thought that SS admitted to knowing that Ethan was dead on the 9th...what am I missing here?

this is confusing for me....he was reported missing on the 10th?? I thought that SS admitted to knowing that Ethan was dead on the 9th...what am I missing here?

Oh... I didn't notice the date, just the day Saturday. I'm going to contact the funeral home to see if they can clarify and edit that if necessary.

Either that means they know he died on Saturday, or they're going by when his body was found.

Hmmm.

MAy 11, 2010 was not a Saturday. It was a Tuesday. My birthday is on the 13th...I knew that something was wrong there.

Well for starters Saturday was NOT May 11... so I am with you there!

Oh... I didn't notice the date, just the day Saturday. I'm going to contact the funeral home to see if they can clarify and edit that if necessary.

Either that means they know he died on Saturday, or they're going by when his body was found.

Hmmm.

They may be going by the date that he was found? I don't know. It just jumped out at me....

It's already been corrected.

It isn't corrected. On the main page, it says Saturday, May 8th, but then when you click on it, it still shows Saturday, the 11th or 12th. But... from the looks of it, he did die on Saturday, not Sunday as SS suggested. I hate to say it, but I am also happy she was left out of the obit. Can I say that?

(snipped)

Not so sure that Joe and Michelle have such a good relationship if you can believe the last paragraph in the following publication on Friday on the Deseret News

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...red-couple-accused-in-Ethan-Stacys-death.html

In other court documents obtained by the Deseret News Thursday, Joe Stacy filed for a protective order in 2007 against another spouse, Michelle Rodriguez, whom he also feared would take his children and flee to London while he was away on military duty.

Joe Stacy claimed in court documents that Rodriguez pulled a knife on him, slapped their kids, left them alone in a room while she went to a bar and then brought men back to the apartment to have sexual relations while the children were still there.

Uhhh...wow. Certainly not flattering information.

I have to wonder though -- why would a journalist include this information? Is it relevant? I hate to admit that even I'm interested by the detail, but when I step back, does it have any bearing on Ethan's well being? (Not asking these questions rhetorically...I'd like to know anyone else's thoughts on this.)

Ethan's obituary

BBM.

This strikes me as strange.

My understanding is that the mediated divorce agreement included a provision that momsters' parents were prohibited from contact with Ethan, and *also* with SS. In my experience--and I'm very familiar with family law in my state, but *not* in Utah (I practiced family law in my state for 6 years, but am not doing so currently)--this is semi-enforceable. There can be a condition of placement that says when a child is with a parent, they will not allow the child to have contact with person X. However, there cannot be a provision that says "Person X will not contact (child, parent, etc.)", *unless* Person X was a party to the action (to give Person X a chance to contest, etc.).

I've seen some discussion on here wondering about the ban on contact from SS's parents with both SS and Ethan--I've wondered as well. I'm assuming that Ethan's dad gave the info for this obituary. Since the obituary writer includes the information regarding maternal grandparents--I'm guessing (a guess only) that the ban on contact was something SS insisted on.

I wonder why????

I think the absolute best news of the weekend is monkeymama's news that Utah doesn't allow insanity defenses. :thumb:

Link

I"m not really sure about that...
In Utah you have to be found competent to stand trial.
:(
You can read more about Brian David Mitchell and Wanda Barzee
Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Smart_kidnapping

Brian David Mitchell (born October 18, 1953) and his wife Wanda Ileen Barzee
were indicted by a Utah grand jury. Mitchell's trial on these charges was
initially postponed following a court ruling that he was not mentally
competent to stand trial. U.S. District Court Judge Dale Kimball later
overturned this ruling; a trial date is pending.[28]

For several months, Mitchell and Barzee were held on US$10 million bond
awaiting the outcome of mental competency tests. Prosecutors said that
Mitchell and Barzee kidnapped Elizabeth to be Mitchell's "second wife",
[citation needed] held her against her will in the foothills near Arlington Hills
until October 8,[citation needed] and then took her to California, where they
stayed until March 5.[citation needed]

In January 2004, Barzee was found incompetent to stand trial on charges
including kidnapping, sexual assault, and burglary. On July 26, 2005, Mitchell
was also found incompetent to stand trial, facing the same charges. A
district judge has ordered him held until he is deemed fit for trial.[29][30]
Barzee's condition has not improved since she was found incompetent to
stand trial. Barzee has also refused to take medication "that might restore
her mental competence."[31]

Also see:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Competence_(law)

I believe now that Mitchell and Barzee have been found competent to stand
trial now... but I think that if they had not been found competent they
would have been able to use it as their defense.

I had heard about a restraining order......also in another news item I saw Joe was quoted as saying that Stephanie had abandoned Ethan and another 2 children from a previous marriage in October.......made me think that maybe these two children were living with Joe and Stephanie for a while as well.....

Look if you ask me they were all jumping into and from relationships way too quickly for my liking when kids are involved.........she just ended up with Nathan scum after bearly knowing him and meeting him on the internet and became pregnant within 2 months of being with him, and he has met and become engaged within 8 months of her leaving!

sorry to be judgemental here but this too me happens way too much and way too quickly when there are kids to be thinking of first...

if adults would just slow down and think of what is best/safest for their children rather than their own personal love lives maybe we might save a few of these kids from physical and sexual abuse!!!

ie get to know the person first before you live with them and drag your child into the situation...

sorry for my rant!

I just spoke with a VERY nice lady at the funeral home.

She said the date they had been told of his death when arrangements were made was Saturday the 8th. However, as she was working to get the obit up and online, she said she thought she'd better confirm that and called the funeral home in Utah that was handling arrangements for his transfer back to Virginia. They told her the temporary death certificate stated he was found (and therefore pronounced) on May 11th. She said that when someone is found, the date they're found and pronounced always is listed on the initial (temporary is what she called it) death certificate until a definitive date is determined, if possible. She thanked me for bringing that to her attention, she'd not been aware and said that the date had been changed to reflect what the temporary certificate stated but they'd not changed the day to Tuesday. She said that she couldn't change that now, but would pass the info on to someone in the morning so they could do so.

She said Ethan was brought back home today. She said they were at the Knoxville airport at 6 am this morning to pick him up.

While talking to her, I could tell she was broken up over this, and I heard phones going off in the background. I know from my experience with funeral homes in this area, especially the smaller ones, they don't staff on weekends and nights but rather have someone on call to return calls. My prayers go out to these folks as well.

Of interest is that they were told Ethan died on Saturday May 8th. I won't state outright why I believe that to be true based upon my conversation with her, but read what I wrote above and draw your own conclusions.

(snipped)

Uhhh...wow. Certainly not flattering information.

I have to wonder though -- why would a journalist include this information? Is it relevant? I hate to admit that even I'm interested by the detail, but when I step back, does it have any bearing on Ethan's well being? (Not asking these questions rhetorically...I'd like to know anyone else's thoughts on this.)

I think it was said to cast doubt on Ethan's dad to discount his concerns about Stephanie.
Ms. Rodriguez was like a second mother to Ethan if she was so bad why did JS let her have contact with Ethan...
Not saying I agree BUT!....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member