CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It concerns me that the police said, "the investigation isn’t going to turn into a cold case anytime soon." Which means it could? I wonder if they really have a clue as to who did this?

If the person is not from around there or just visiting or passing through, they may never find the perp. I hope this doesn't happen.

There is a cold case in Oakville, Ontario from over 25 years ago when a 25 year old woman was said to have been dropped off in her driveway by her fiance and was found dead in Milton shortly after. The boyfriend was "cleared" as people saw a woman fitting her description arguing with a man a block or so away from her home and then being pushed into a car and it drove quickly away with the lights off. Her name was Delia. Police think people in the community know something but are keeping their mouths shut.

Anyone familiar with this case. Here is a link:

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=689.0

It concerns me that the police said, "the investigation isn’t going to turn into a cold case anytime soon." Which means it could? I wonder if they really have a clue as to who did this?

If the person is not from around there or just visiting or passing through, they may never find the perp. I hope this doesn't happen.

There is a cold case in Oakville, Ontario from over 25 years ago when a 25 year old woman was said to have been dropped off in her driveway by her fiance and was found dead in Milton shortly after. The boyfriend was "cleared" as people saw a woman fitting her description arguing with a man a block or so away from her home and then being pushed into a car and it drove quickly away with the lights off. Her name was Delia. Police think people in the community know something but are keeping their mouths shut.

Anyone familiar with this case. Here is a link:

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=689.0

Bootprints in blood at the scene of a murder: seems like cold-blooded killers are being careless these days.

Bootprints in blood at the scene of a murder: seems like cold-blooded killers are being careless these days.

Let's hope Sonia's killer is still traipsing about in the boots, as disgraced Col. Russell Williams did. He wore the same boots he killed Marie France Comeau with (and left 1/2 a bloody foot print), into the Police Station, when they called him in for questioning, 4 months later.

Respectfully snipped.

Well I hope LE is taking a long hard look at every neighbour within a small radius and anyone who may have been visiting or has since moved. I just find it hard to believe that a stranger just passing through would even find her home. That townhouse complex looks pretty hidden from the google maps. Just the location seems to indicate that it was someone who knew at least that there was a single woman living alone there. Not to mention, one who worked a lot of nights. If her car was in the garage, how would someone have known if she was home or not?

MOO

I don't know if this has previously been considered but, what if the perp hid in Sonia's car
while she visited her parents,or tailed her car as she drove home ?

I don't know if this has previously been considered but, what if the perp hid in Sonia's car

I'm betting that Sonia's murderer knew where she lived.

You and me both. It's just too much "coincidence" to have a murderer just come upon her open door.

Quite a while ago there was the "hermit killer" in the same area who would wander around and check for unlocked doors. He killed a Caledon couple and dumped their car also. I can't remember if the bodies were in the car or elsewhere. He was eventually caught but since this was a long time ago is it possible he has been paroled? It is not unusual for 'bad guys' to search for unlocked doors. A lot of people in small towns don't lock their doors so why break in if you can walk in?

If Sonia's back door was the first unlocked door he found, she personally may not have been the target. If the sounds of the intruder woke her it would explain why he murdered her and was sloppy about it. I don't think we should assume that her house or her murder were planned. JMO

Quite a while ago there was the "hermit killer" in the same area who would wander around and check for unlocked doors. He killed a Caledon couple and dumped their car also. I can't remember if the bodies were in the car or elsewhere. He was eventually caught but since this was a long time ago is it possible he has been paroled? It is not unusual for 'bad guys' to search for unlocked doors. A lot of people in small towns don't lock their doors so why break in if you can walk in?

If Sonia's back door was the first unlocked door he found, she personally may not have been the target. If the sounds of the intruder woke her it would explain why he murdered her and was sloppy about it. I don't think we should assume that her house or her murder were planned. JMO

He's still in jail, as far as I know.

http://www.citizen.on.ca/news/2006-08-31/Columns/031.html

http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=6939

Not saying that Sonia's murderer planned the attack, but it is possible someone went to her home to talk, then got into an argument and things got out of hand. The excessive violence and carelessness seems to indicate an unplanned attack by someone who knew her, but I'm not in LE (so what do I know?).

Sonia's father washed her car when she was visiting them on that Sunday so I don't think anyone could have been hiding in it. But just the fact that the car was washed that day must help LE with determining where it went after she left their home. Any dirt and debris on the vehicle would have been from her drive home and the perpetrator's drive to dispose of her body.

You and me both. It's just too much "coincidence" to have a murderer just come upon her open door.

I wonder if that ravine behind her home is used by local kids and teenagers as a cut through or a place to play or just hang out. A neighbour mentioned about Sonia going out to give candy to the local children. Did they just play on the street or did they go behind the complex to the ravine area?

He's still in jail, as far as I know.

http://www.citizen.on.ca/news/2006-08-31/Columns/031.html

http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=6939

Not saying that Sonia's murderer planned the attack, but it is possible someone went to her home to talk, then got into an argument and things got out of hand. The excessive violence and carelessness seems to indicate an unplanned attack by someone who knew her, but I'm not in LE (so what do I know?).

Wow...good to know he's still locked up.

I'm not sure about Sonia inviting someone into her home to "talk" and that they were still there at 3am, especially since she had to work in the morning. I can only imagine that scenario with the boyfriend, who has been cleared by LE it appears.

MOO

Wow...good to know he's still locked up.

I'm not sure about Sonia inviting someone into her home to "talk" and that they were still there at 3am, especially since she had to work in the morning. I can only imagine that scenario with the boyfriend, who has been cleared by LE it appears.

MOO

I think there are other possibilities that could explain this person in her home at that hour.

I agree with Summersolstice.
I'm just getting worried with the lack of info. coming forward, and it being a small town, that this could turn cold soon. For the sake of the family and friends, and locals alike, I hope it does not.
We need people to come forward with any info. they may have have- whether it's relevant or not.

Sonia's funeral was a week ago yesterday and still nothing!

People are getting more frustrated by the minute.

I couldn't help but notice the coincidence of Sonia's bf name being Ian R and the CEO of Greenh..k being an Ian R (although surnames slightly different). It seems they ARE two different people, but in following the two different names/numbers, it appears the CEO IR has his Beemer for sale.

Anyone know how to check a date of an autotrader ad?

I couldn't help but notice the coincidence of Sonia's bf name being Ian R and the CEO of Greenh..k being an Ian R (although surnames slightly different). It seems they ARE two different people, but in following the two different names/numbers, it appears the CEO IR has his Beemer for sale.

Anyone know how to check a date of an autotrader ad?

Sorry for quoting myself, but too late to edit.

It is a current ad, but don't know when it was initially listed.

I usually don't jump the gun, and hope i didn't in this case.

I didn't know that Greenh..k is a chain with various locations, so it could be that the CEO IR who spoke for Greenh..k does not live or work in Orangeville. If that is true, then he would probably not be the same IR with the car for sale.

Maybe one of our Orangeville members could clarify this for me/us. If I'm wrong, i'll ask the mods to delete my posts in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100