2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gwen or anyone...do they still have 9 hours set aside for Thursday? Gosh that's a long day. Hoping for some news this week but not holding my breath.

How long can it really take, if one party is not fighting anything, I wonder? Anyone?

It depends. If both parties came to a marital settlement agreement and signed all the paperwork outside of court, all the judge needs to do is review it to make sure the terms are legal and binding in the state of Oregon and then sign it. Neither party even needs to be present.

Been there, done that.

It depends. If both parties came to a marital settlement agreement and signed all the paperwork outside of court, all the judge needs to do is review it to make sure the terms are legal and binding in the state of Oregon and then sign it. Neither party even needs to be present.

Been there, done that.

I am wondering if the whole day would still be blocked out if a settlement had been reached?

According to OJIN, the hearings are still on as scheduled previously. ? Don't know what to think of that.

The divorce is not *settled* by any means. The order that was signed recently seems to be only with regards to the abatement question. They have come to some sort of agreement. What, I don't know. Perhaps Kaine agreed to an abatement of visitation question if Terri agrees to walk away with nothing. Just don't know. I do know there is still an entire day carved out for hearings. Will they use it all? Maybe not. There is still the question of the suit money, but that may be a moot point if she agrees to give up all claims to any kind of money or support from Kaine. Will be interesting to see what happens on Thursday. I wonder if Terri will even show up?

How long could Terri continue what she has been doing?

Postponing this divorce...

Forcing Kaine to remain married to the woman he thinks is responsible for his son's disappearance...

How long could Terri keep saying she can't incriminate herself...

In a case in which she hasn't been charged...

Refusing to fight for even visitation with her baby daughter...

How LONG could this continue?

Won't the judge at some point have to say "Listen, it's been ____ years and they haven't charged you yet. Your daughter doesn't know who you are anymore. This man deserves to move on with his life. If you don't want to testify that's fine, but this divorce needs to proceed."

Honestly there is a point where you just have to draw the line... and if she is willing to be away from her daughter for 9 months... without putting up an argument? Yet can continue to delay this divorce and prevent Kaine from being free?

That's a bit frightening. She still has way too much power.

According to OJIN, the hearings are still on as scheduled previously. ? Don't know what to think of that.

The divorce is not *settled* by any means. The order that was signed recently seems to be only with regards to the abatement question. They have come to some sort of agreement. What, I don't know. Perhaps Kaine agreed to an abatement of visitation question if Terri agrees to walk away with nothing. Just don't know. I do know there is still an entire day carved out for hearings. Will they use it all? Maybe not. There is still the question of the suit money, but that may be a moot point if she agrees to give up all claims to any kind of money or support from Kaine. Will be interesting to see what happens on Thursday. I wonder if Terri will even show up?

What motion? I think I missed this motion, and I can't find it anywhere. Is it something recent or are we talking one filed awhile ago?

How long could Terri continue what she has been doing?

Postponing this divorce...

Forcing Kaine to remain married to the woman he thinks is responsible for his son's disappearance...

How long could Terri keep saying she can't incriminate herself...

In a case in which she hasn't been charged...

Refusing to fight for even visitation with her baby daughter...

How LONG could this continue?

Won't the judge at some point have to say "Listen, it's been ____ years and they haven't charged you yet. Your daughter doesn't know who you are anymore. This man deserves to move on with his life. If you don't want to testify that's fine, but this divorce needs to proceed."

Honestly there is a point where you just have to draw the line... and if she is willing to be away from her daughter for 9 months... without putting up an argument? Yet can continue to delay this divorce and prevent Kaine from being free?

That's a bit frightening. She still has way too much power.

From what I understand about the law, she can ask for an abatement of up to 2 years. :(

I read elsewhere a few weeks ago that the abatement part had reached some sort of settlement, but no details and no link, so not sure if it is true or if it is what is being referred to in an earlier post...

What motion? I think I missed this motion, and I can't find it anywhere. Is it something recent or are we talking one filed awhile ago?

Yes, the motions that were supposed to be heard in January that were postponed until tomorrow. It has been a long time, but I believe they were the motions regarding the show cause re: suit money and the abatement issue. It appears the abatement issue may be settled, and as an extension of that settlement, depending on the particulars of their agreement, the suit money issue may also be resolved. If Terri is no longer asking for support or part of the marital assets, then it doesn't matter where she got the suit money.

Yes, the motions that were supposed to be heard in January that were postponed until tomorrow. It has been a long time, but I believe they were the motions regarding the show cause re: suit money and the abatement issue. It appears the abatement issue may be settled, and as an extension of that settlement, depending on the particulars of their agreement, the suit money issue may also be resolved. If Terri is no longer asking for support or part of the marital assets, then it doesn't matter where she got the suit money.

Thanks for chiming in Gwen! So if the abatement issue is settled, doesn't that just mean they are going forward with the divorce tomorrow and there will be no more delays?

I would think they still need a fair amount of time to discuss all the particulars including custody and division of property etc. Maybe the suit money question went away (either Kaine is satisfied with the answer or they just don't care anymore in the grand scheme of things) but the rest is still going forward tomorrow. One could hope anyway!!!!

I'm anxiously awaiting tomorrow's news and hearings.

Justice for Kyron.

Ummm, just read this was cancelled again for three months, will find link...

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/03/horman_divorce_hearing_schedul.html

Postponed...I am not surprised. I honestly think that the law is unsure on what to do in this case; if they allow the divorce to go ahead with TH taking the 5th and losing all visitation and assets and then later someone else is convicted, it would be a mess. Of course, I don't know why it is delayed again, but I am thinking the judge is hoping there will be some movement at some point.

Oh Nooooooooooo! I guess the abatement has not been settled then....? Do you think we will get to see any documents on who asked for it to be rescheduled or why?

The Multnomah County judge handling the pending divorce case between Kaine Horman and Terri Moulton Horman has cancelled a scheduled Thursday hearing and will delay it for another three months.

Terri Horman's divorce attorney Peter Bunch argued last fall that a parallel civil divorce case, while the criminal investigation proceeds into Kyron's disappearance from Skyline School, would jeopardize Terri Horman's Fifth Amendment rights not to incriminate herself. Bunch argued that law enforcement are trying to obtain discovery through the civil proceeding for the ongoing criminal case.

Multnomah County Judge Keith Meisenheimer ruled in October that there's "substantial overlap of evidence" between the divorce case and the criminal inquiry and parallel proceedings could create a discovery nightmare. But he said he also had to balance Terri Horman's constitutional rights with Kaine Horman's right to a prompt resolution of custody, parenting, property and financial matters.

I am so outraged over all of this!! What about Kyron's rights???:maddening:

Would both parties have to agree, or was this up to the judge? Wish we knew...

I am so outraged by all of this!! What about Kyron's rights???:maddening::banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater