GUILTY FL - Scott Wilson, 23, killed by drunk driver, Wellington, 12 Feb 2010

Forget the tequila, how about the accommodations they are not 4 star, I think he should complain ;)

I'm so glad he was found guilty, he thought the jury was going to believe he couldn't remember any phone # not 911 give me a break.

I'm so glad he was found guilty, he thought the jury was going to believe he couldn't remember any phone # not 911 give me a break.
I do not know anybodys phone # since I got a cell phone
I do not dial anyone.
I can believe he did not know anyones #
But HE DID KNOW 911

Dropping in to say that THIS jury got it right! :rocker::rocker:

I do not know anybodys phone # since I got a cell phone
I do not dial anyone.
I can believe he did not know anyones #
But HE DID KNOW 911

He only knew 911 when Lisa told him he had to call, then he responded, "and turn myself in?"... Imagine that.

I bet if he could have gotten his buddy Carlos on the phone he would have offered him $$$ to say he was driving! I'd bet my life on it!

Wow, I thought this was about John Goodman, from Roseanne. I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything about it on this celebrity/pop culture website I frequent....

He only knew 911 when Lisa told him he had to call, then he responded, "and turn myself in?"... Imagine that.

I bet if he could have gotten his buddy Carlos on the phone he would have offered him $$$ to say he was driving! I'd bet my life on it!

Let's hope this receives the Maximum sentence for this crime!!:jail: :jail: :jail:

Wow, I thought this was about John Goodman, from Roseanne. I was wondering why I hadn't heard anything about it on this celebrity/pop culture website I frequent....

Too funny eileenhawkeye! This John Goodman had a much, much bigger bankroll than that John Goodman. Unfortunately he did not have the brains to match!

I read somewhere last week (maybe one of the local news sites) that his BA was .11. I was surprised. .08 is legally drunk (and not really stumbling, falling down). I expected something a lot higher since the state was talking about how many shots he did (after the accident - per JG, oh please!).

I read somewhere last week (maybe one of the local news sites) that his BA was .11. I was surprised. .08 is legally drunk (and not really stumbling, falling down). I expected something a lot higher since the state was talking about how many shots he did (after the accident - per JG, oh please!).

His BaC was 0.17 3 hours after the accident and estimated to be 0.26 at the time of the accident.

Wonder how he feels knowing that he can't get out of this now no matter how much money he has. I'm sure Mr. Tommy Lee Jones can't even help him now.

Amount of Goodman settlement revealed: $46 million

April 19, 2012

WEST PALM BEACH – The number 23 looms large in the lives of Lili and William Wilson.

It was the age of their son, Scott, when he drowned after his car was hit by a Bentley driven by drunken Wellington polo mogul John Goodman and shoved into a canal.

It is also the amount – in millions – that each of the Wilsons agreed to accept for losing their son in the February 2010 alcohol-fueled crash on a dark road in Wellington’s famed horse country.

The $46 million settlement that brought an abrupt end to lawsuits the Wilsons filed against Goodman was revealed in court papers filed this week. Goodman’s attorneys divulged the eye-popping amount as part of their efforts to get the 48-year old sprung from jail while he appeals his conviction on charges of DUI manslaughter and vehicular homicide.

Christian Searcy, who represents Lili Wilson in her civil lawsuit, confirmed the settlement.

But, he scoffed at the notion that the settlement could persuade Palm Beach County Circuit Judge Jeffrey Colbath to release Goodman while his attorneys try to prove that jurors who convicted their client last month violated court rules or that prosecutors and the media improperly fueled a “wealth bias” against him.

More at link:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/amount-of-goodman-settlement-revealed-46-million-2315303.html

Goodman will be sentenced on April 30.

Goodman case juror said he was pressured into guilty verdict

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime/goodman-case-juror-said-he-was-pressured-into-2332148.html

Juror Michael St. John made the revelation this afternoon as Circuit Judge Jeffrey Colbath interviewed the six jurors and two alternates on the case in response to allegations of juror misconduct in the case surrounding the Feb. 2010 drowning death of 23-year-old Scott Wilson. St. John said that he was pressured by other jurors to find Goodman guilty of DUI manslaughter.

On bond for Appeal. bond is $7million. Will be on house arrest and will have to hire a member of LE to watch him at all times. If girlfriend adoption goes through, he may have to return to prision (14 years).

I just recently discovered this trial on InSession. Incredible! I can't believe the defense thinks people will buy that it was a car malfunction and that he didn't drink 'till after the accident. He waited an hour before calling for help, and that was only at the urging of the woman whose phone he borrowed. Said nothing to the 911 dispatcher that another person was involved,and did nothing to check on the status of his victim!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead: Of course he didn't see him coming, he was too drunk, IMO! A needless death of a young promising engineering grad. He didn't die from the accident, he died from drowining by being pushed into the canal!!!
The polo player had no credibility as a witness because he was drinking. And who has no phone on his property, but an alarm system and keeps alcohol there???
I think Goodman thinks he'll get off just because he is rich and good looking!

John Goodman has quite a history and not a good one. It hasn't come out in the trial yet, but am sure it will. I wish this trial was covered on IS.
It is now!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back