Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #16 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured she would act this way, a lot of them do. He probably has her brainwashed, controlled and manipulated. She probably has a very low self esteem and doesn't want to accept that the man she is in love with is a monster.

I think I missed something since I've been in and out all day. Where are people reading or hearing what AT-G's wife is saying?

I agree mamamia, I think volunteers can be a huge asset, convincing some LE that is an entirely different story IMO. I think everyone who feels passionate about it though, should not just talk about it, but try and see if there is something you can do with your local LE to make it happen. It might just work.

The perp in the 3 Safeway attacks here in this sketch, looks ALOT like AGT, wow.

His Myspace is from 2008, and the attacks were 2009.

stun_gun_mug_shot.jpg

http://www.fugitive.com/2009/03/24/...f-unknown-suspect-who-attacked-women-safeway/

<modsnip>

http://www.myspace.com/303044008/photos/5748632#%7B%22ImageId%22%3A5748632%7D

That MS picture you posted is a friend of AGT ;)

Early on in this case, when we were discussing the strange placement of the purse with the folded clothes in it and the cell phone being tossed into the field, I posted that it was possible they were placed in that location in a stupid attempt to make LE think she had run away, or to at least focus their investigation North and West of where she lived, when in fact, the perp probably took her South and East of her home, then doubled back to place the items as a 'distraction'. The fact he left DNA on them - the fact he left the purse there at all... it's just stupid from a criminal perspective! :waitasec:

I remember reading the original post and now, in hindsight, I think it may have been spot-on.

The folded clothes would fit right in with the theory that he attempted to make it look like she ran away, which of course, is kinda stupid for him if he did this because if she ran away, she would have taken the clothes with her. All it would do is make LE think somebody must have grabbed her where the clothes were found, and kind of confirm that she did not leave voluntarily. I think all he accomplished if he left that there is make LE look for her harder.

Hmmm...when I pull up his MS on my phone, it shows a status update of "Around" at 7:59pm on Nov 17, 2010.

I have a question - WHAT evidence did they find in Sierra's case that NOW ties him to one of the three 2009 Safeway assaults? His DNA was already in CODIS, that is how they linked him to Sierra early in the case (3/28/2012 to be exact). Therefore, it can't be DNA that links him to the 2009 case. Did they find some article of clothing from the 2009 victim in his home? Where are Sierra's shoes? I wouldn't be surprised if they found them in his car, and that is one of the reasons the Sheriff made the decision to arrest with no body being found. This article has a good summary of what the evidence is, and the surveillance that LE has used so far - including GPS devices on his car, the red Jetta, AND his Mother's car.

"Detectives secretly placed a GPS device on Antolin Garcia-Torres's red Jetta. They searched the Morgan Hill trailer he shared with his mother, pregnant wife and toddler daughter. They questioned him several times and collected as evidence his blankets, pillows, boots and clothes. Around the clock for nearly two months, sheriff's detectives kept him under surveillance -- hoping he would lead them to missing 15-year-old Sierra LaMar. .......

His mother, Laura Torres, said the family was well aware he was under surveillance; they found GPS devices under his and her cars. When police seized his car on April 7, he told her, "I've never seen that lady. I've never made contact with her."

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking...ierra-lamar-case-was-watched-constantly-weeks

Evidence collected in the Sierra case also led authorities to believe Garcia-Torres was involved in at least one of three unsolved nighttime assaults in a pair of Safeway stores in Morgan Hill in 2009, Smith said.

The bigger breakthrough in the Sierra case came just days ago, when the crime lab came back with a positive match of Sierra's DNA in the red Jetta.

Don't know if that helps you or not.

Evidence collected in the Sierra case also led authorities to believe Garcia-Torres was involved in at least one of three unsolved nighttime assaults in a pair of Safeway stores

The bigger breakthrough in the Sierra case came just days ago, when the crime lab came back with a positive match of Sierra's DNA in the red Jetta. in Morgan Hill in 2009, Smith said.

Thanks Mamamia, but that is what has me puzzled - what evidence? His DNA was already in CODIS from his 2009 felony conviction, that is how they linked him to the Sierra case early on, and they should have been able to link him to the 2009 Safeway assault a long time ago. They arrested him after Sierra's DNA evidence came back from the crime lab analysis of evidence in the red Jetta. So, we have his DNA in Sierra's purse, and Sierra's DNA in his car. Something from the Sierra investigation led them to link AGT to the taser assault in 2009. Maybe it was the taser? Can they be traced like guns can with ballistics?

I'm not sure how to link to the article, so bare with me.

http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking...ierra-lamar-case-was-watched-constantly-weeks

"Although some 43 juveniles have been reported missing in Santa Clara County since January 2011, most of those have been reconciled, as runaways or involving parents, a sheriff's source said. Detectives realized from the first day that Sierra's disappearance was unusual."

I thought 43 was a lot. I guess not so much seeing as how they have mostly been "solved" or "reconciled".

Get ready to move to a new thread. I'll be back in a few minutes with the link.

Suspect's family's FB/MS pages are still off limits. :tyou:

Evidence collected in the Sierra case also led authorities to believe Garcia-Torres was involved in at least one of three unsolved nighttime assaults in a pair of Safeway stores in Morgan Hill in 2009, Smith said.

The bigger breakthrough in the Sierra case came just days ago, when the crime lab came back with a positive match of Sierra's DNA in the red Jetta.

Based on their wording....."at least one of three", I suppose that means he could be involved in all 3 OR even that other people may be invovled as well. I trust LE will do a very good job now to try to confirm any parties involved.

This is real scary, and I would not be surprised if there was some other people that either directly helped him (OR) at least became aware of some things. I have to think that there is a possibility that the "safeway" tie-in does make it appear that the 3 safeway cases could have been done by the same person(s).

This is very frightening, as I will never understand (nor want to) how anyone can do such a thing. Obviously no concious. We have to constantly remind ourselves that there are monsters out there that have no concious and do not value human life.

per my teen, this morning at Sobrato, the principal made an announcement over the loud spaker to inform the students of the "news" (started crying), and she did use the M word. but among others, i will not accept her as being dead until there is proof (in my mind, she could be drugged, somewhere far away, and unable to make contact. no doubts AGT was involved, but maybe he passed her off to someone else.)

Thanks Mamamia, but that is what has me puzzled - what evidence? His DNA was already in CODIS from his 2009 felony conviction, that is how they linked him to the Sierra case early on, and they should have been able to link him to the 2009 Safeway assault a long time ago. They arrested him after Sierra's DNA evidence came back from the crime lab analysis of evidence in the red Jetta. So, we have his DNA in Sierra's purse, and Sierra's DNA in his car. Something from the Sierra investigation led them to link AGT to the taser assault in 2009. Maybe it was the taser? Can they be traced like guns can with ballistics?

I'm thinking it was a stun gun though, I could be wrong though lol.

On March 19, 2009 a woman was attacked with a stun gun at Safeway on Dunne in Morgan Hill. Minutes earlier at the same parking lot a man followed a woman to her car and tried to break in. Then days later, on March 26th another attack occurred but this time a woman was assaulted by a man with a knife at the Safeway on Tenant. Investigators say Garcia-Torres is a suspect in one of these cases and a person of interest in the other two. They couldn't comment which one he is a suspect in.
http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/18600093/sierra-lamar-murder-suspect-may-be-linked-to-more-crimes

I'm thinking it was a stun gun though, I could be wrong though lol.

I think you are right. I think someone posted a video here (maybe from CBS?) that said LE asked local PD if AGT DNA matched any crimes, and MHPD came up with a link to the attempted abduction w/ taser. I could be totally wrong though, I have read and watched a lot of different info today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine