Verdict: GUILTY for both Millard and Smich of 1st degree murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 12m12 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Justice Goodman addresses jury: "I want to thank you for your conscientious duties during the course of this lengthy trial." #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 12m12 minutes ago
Thanks them for 'conscientious way' they have approached this. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 12m12 minutes ago
Goodman is thanking the jury for their service during the course of this lengthy trial. #TimBosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 12m12 minutes ago
Goodman thanks the jury for the way they have performed their duties. "We all here appreciate the disruption to your lives" #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 13m13 minutes ago
He recognizes the disruption this lengthy trial has likely had on their lives. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 13m13 minutes ago
Justice Goodman now thanking the jury. Smich's head bent. Millard looking straight ahead. #Bosma #verdict

Let's say they're found guilty in their other trials. I don't say this in a positive way whatsoever but Bosma did not die in vein and his horrific death might have stopped these 2 from more - and potentially being serial killers. That this had to happen to stop them is just devastating but I'm so relieved Tim gets justice.

God, Smich must regret taking the stand. Potentially marks him as a rat, etc. All for nothing in the end. It must feel like a very personal rejection/failure. For now I don't share the 100% certainly that most of you have that this was the right verdict, but I definitely respect it and will assume the jury had a better sense of the evidence than I had and had made the best decision.

It may have gone better for MS if he remembered where the gun was. I think that memory glitch was extremely d*mning for him and solidified opinion that he was a liar.

Smich lying his azz off on the witness stand, didn't do him one bit of good. Tim can now rest in peace and the Bosma family at least know that justice was finally served on these two lowlifes.

There's 404 users on this thread - it shows how much we care...

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 13m13 minutes ago
Smich is looking down at the floor in the witness box. #TimBosma #Bosma

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 13m13 minutes ago
Justice Goodman now thanking jurors for their service. "Most difficult task...You have made a direct contribution to our justice system."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 13m13 minutes ago
It's a difficult task to decide someone's fate, Goodman tells jurors. This is best criminal system in the world, he says. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 13m13 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich sits in the prisoners box, with his head down. Millard turns to stare at him, as he has 100s of times before #TImBosma

Goodman tells them that everything said between them in the jury room must be kept secret. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 14m14 minutes ago
Judge calls our judicial system "the best in the world." #Bosma #verdict

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 14m14 minutes ago
Goodman reminds the jury that their deliberations are to remain secret and no-one is to know how they arrived at the verdict. #TimBosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 13m13 minutes ago
Judge thanking the job they have done. Sacrifice they have made. They are not to talk about what they discussed in deliberations.

"You must keep to yourselves your discussions, your deliberations, your vote." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 14m14 minutes ago
Everything said in the jury room must be kept secret, judge says. Criminal offense to disclose anything jury discussed on case. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 14m14 minutes ago
Goodman says the jury must keep their deliberations and vote secret. Disclosing it would be a criminal offence. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 14m14 minutes ago
This completes their duties as jurors. They are all discharged. #Bosma

All along these jurors have been stoic. Today is no different. They are officially discharged. #Bosma

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 14m14 minutes ago
Jury discharged with another thank you from Justice Goodman. #MillardSmich

This completes your duties as jurors, you are all dicharged. Jury is leaving. #Bosma

The jury is discharged. #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt

Very emotional in court. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 14m14 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
After five long months, the jury is dismissed #TimBosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews · 6m6 minutes ago
Crown requests DNA order and a no-contact order. Judge is surprised by lack of victim statements. He needs some time. Sentencing 4:15 #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP · 7m7 minutes ago
Crown asks DNA order and non communication order.Judge is surprised by sentencing immediately. Asking for a few minutes...

Think Adam could have worded it better......

That cleared it up - thank you. When the reporters have more time, I'm sure they'll clear it up. I don't understand the lack of victim impact statements.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 14m14 minutes ago
Sentenced immediately. No victim impact statements.

The jury has left court. No victim impact statements, according to the Crown, requesting they be sentenced immediately. #TimBosma

Date for sentencing coming. Family doesn't want to enter victim impact statements, given the verdict, Crown Tony Leitch says. #Bosma

Crown Tony Leitch is asking the two accused be sentenced immediately. #TimBosma #Bosma #HamOnt

All parties agree. #TimBosma

"There will be no victim impact statements," Crown Attorney Tony Leitch tells court. To be sentenced immediately. No hearing. #Bosma

It may have gone better for MS if he remembered where the gun was. I think that memory glitch was extremely d*mning for him and solidified opinion that he was a liar.

I think it may have gone better for MS if he didn't take the stand! That screwed him big time!

Adam Carter: Goodman says he's a "little surprised," and needs some time to get his comments together. We'll be back at 4:15 p.m. for sentencing.

I don't get this - why and what is he surprised at?

Edited: ok - it was not the verdict he was surprised at.

Crown Tony Leitch says no victim impact statements will be entered. Asks for sentencing right away. #Bosma

Crown Tony Leitch says no victim impact statements will be entered. Asks for sentencing right away. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 14m14 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
The Crown says there will be NO victim impact statements from the Bosma family, given the verdicts. #TimBosma

Millard & Smich to be sentenced immediately. #Bosmas will do victim impact statements later for parole consideration.

There's no victim impact statement coming from the family now. They'll be entered later for the parole board. #TimBosma #Bosma

Crown says the #Bosma family will enter their victim impact statements at a later time for the parole board's consideration. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15m15 minutes ago
Leitch is also seeking a DNA order, and a non-communication order. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 15m15 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Justice Goodman says "he's surprised"

Crown asking for DNA orders for both #Millard & #Smich.

Defence agrees...Family will enter victim impact statements later for the parole board. Judge asking for break to prepare his comments.

Justice Andrew Goodman seems upset. He says he needs time to prepare his comments. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15m15 minutes ago
Judge says he is surprised re: victim impact statements. He expected them. Wants a few minutes so he can prepare his own comments. #Bosma

I think it may have gone better for MS if he didn't take the stand! That screwed him big time!

I agree with you. Bad choice for him. He tried to raise reasonable doubt but all he managed to accomplish was showing that he is a liar and . His 'boy next door' image didnt work. Hooray! MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa