2009.09.17 Nancy Grace

panthera

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Good evening! :seeya: Anyone else watching?

NG: Going over the arrest, bond set at $3 million, showing video of RC at arraignment today. Argument over lab mice a motive? Showing various news clips, audio of court proceedings.

Reporter saying RC in maximum security jail after being taken into custody from Super 8 Motel. Arrested without incident. RC not obligated to enter a plea today. No details about case released, only that it was based on forensic evidence, interviews and surveillance tapes. LE call it a crime of "workplace violence". Nancy saying it's rare that somebody strangles their 90 lb. co-worker to death and stuff her body into a wall. Nancy wants an explanation why it's being called workplace violence. Reporter talking about e-mails between RC/AL regarding treatment of the mice.

Another reporter talking about the court appearance. All reporters got a seat and within 10 min. RC brought in. Was wearing leg irons. Had on street clothes. No marks/scratches on his arms noticed; just bruise on his face. RC has tattoos on both arms. Only answered "yes your honor" and bail set at $3 million. Reporter saying RC did play softball on Sunday; LE was watching undercover. Reporter doesn't know how many cats RC had in his apt. RC is at the MacDougall-Walker Correctional Institution which is higher level than jail.

Reporter saying RC in maximum security jail after being taken into custody from Super 8 Motel. Arrested without incident. RC not obligated to enter a plea today. No details about case released, only that it was based on forensic evidence, interviews and surveillance tapes. LE call it a crime of "workplace violence". Nancy saying it's rare that somebody strangles their 90 lb. co-worker to death and stuff her body into a wall. Nancy wants an explanation why it's being called workplace violence. Reporter talking about e-mails between RC/AL regarding treatment of the mice.

Has the actual text of these emails been released?

Reporter now describing tattoos on RC's forearms, like a "herringbone" design which goes around the arms.

Nancy talking with Jean Casares about RC's former girlfriend, and e-mails between RC/AL. The g/f incident was in high school, she wanted to break up with RC and he harassed her and forced her to have sex. E-mails/text msgs.: he sent a text msg. to AL on the morning of 9/8 asking her to meet him at the lab. He was obsessed with the cleanliness of mice cages, treatment of the lab mice.

Has the actual text of these emails been released?
I haven't seen them but I just got home from work shortly before NG's show came on and am way behind with what went on today!

Nancy is asking Jean Casares about the e-mails and if they were confrontational or not, about the treatment of the lab animals, cages not being kept clean, etc. Annie apparently answered politely, agreeing to meet with him to talk.

Nancy talking about possible defense strategies, RC's access to the lab, behavior on 9/8 going to different parts of the building, etc. Suggesting the defense arguments that could be made, including RC saying his ID card was missing, somebody else used it, etc. But the problem comes back to the DNA. Guest also saying that an innocent person doesn't hide clothes in ceiling tiles.

Nancy talking now about the COD. Going back to RC's HS friend, Wesley, to describe RC's personality. He was reserved, quiet, friendly, a good artist, very neat, well-groomed. Nothing really stood out about his personality. He might lose his temper during baseball games, no more so than other players. Asian Awareness Club was to promote tolerance & awareness of Asian culture. He had friends who were Asian.

Nancy talking about possible additional charges being brought so the DP could be sought. Also asking how Annie could've fit into the space she was found in. Answer was her petite size and just squeezing the body in until it fits. :(

The End!

Also asking how Annie could've fit into the space she was found in. Answer was her petite size and just squeezing the body in until it fits. :(
QUOTE]

snipped & bold

Nancy wanted to know how last nite too but never got the answer..When she did tonite she had a look of horror on her face..She def wasnt the only one!

Also asking how Annie could've fit into the space she was found in. Answer was her petite size and just squeezing the body in until it fits. :(
QUOTE]

snipped & bold

Nancy wanted to know how last nite too but never got the answer..When she did tonite she had a look of horror on her face..She def wasnt the only one!

Yes I saw this. There was certainly silence after the medical examiner said, rather reluctantly, that you keep "pushing until it fits." Yikes!

MWright;4172788]
amysmom;4172764 Yes I saw this. There was certainly silence after the medical examiner said said:
The disposal can be even more gruesome then the murder itself! I have come to that conclusion way too many xs.

Reporter now describing tattoos on RC's forearms, like a "herringbone" design which goes around the arms.

Nancy talking with Jean Casares about RC's former girlfriend, and e-mails between RC/AL. The g/f incident was in high school, she wanted to break up with RC and he harassed her and forced her to have sex. E-mails/text msgs.: he sent a text msg. to AL on the morning of 9/8 asking her to meet him at the lab. He was obsessed with the cleanliness of mice cages, treatment of the lab mice.

You know, people say this like it's a bad thing. This is the kind of animal tech I prefer in my rooms. I've had too much experience with the other kind.

It was his JOB to fuss over these things.

Nancy talking about possible defense strategies, RC's access to the lab, behavior on 9/8 going to different parts of the building, etc. Suggesting the defense arguments that could be made, including RC saying his ID card was missing, somebody else used it, etc. But the problem comes back to the DNA. Guest also saying that an innocent person doesn't hide
clothes in ceiling tiles.

The defense attorneys on those shows will carry on with all kinds of stuff like this. Pay no attention to it. They have to, or there'd be no show. If you lose your ID card, you can't get into your job- you have to get it replaced immediately.

I think most of reporter speculation in this case is absolutely worthless, because they have no idea how things work.

All this about how he was "obsessed" with the mice - it was his job!

If I pitch a fit because I go into a mouse room and find cages with no food in them because of a careless animal tech, am I "obsessed", or am I taking care of the mice I need to do my job?

It sounds to me like no matter what else he is, he was a good animal tech.

The defense attorneys on those shows will carry on with all kinds of stuff like this. Pay no attention to it. They have to, or there'd be no show. If you lose your ID card, you can't get into your job- you have to get it replaced immediately.

I think most of reporter speculation in this case is absolutely worthless, because they have no idea how things work.

All this about how he was "obsessed" with the mice - it was his job!

If I pitch a fit because I go into a mouse room and find cages with no food in them because of a careless animal tech, am I "obsessed", or am I taking care of the mice I need to do my job?

It sounds to me like no matter what else he is, he was a good animal tech.

Labrat,

It sounds as if you are exactly right. Unfortunately, the media is going to spin it in a big way. I bet he probably cared about life and respect, even for the mice. So much so that he wanted to show her what it was like to be mistreated. And it got way out of hand.

Uh... what is your point? That there might be mitigating factors like that she should have treated her mice better??

Uh... what is your point? That there might be mitigating factors like that she should have treated her mice better??

No, not really.

Labrat is saying that RC being somewhat anal is a good quality for a Lab Technician. In other words, he is getting beaten up in the media for things that were just part of doing his job well. But, I am not defending him crossing the line and murdering someone. He cared about the mice and he felt that she didn't value their well being

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back