I have a question and unsure where it goes?

*~Aimee~*

A Dream is a wish your Heart Makes
Reaction score
Ok I watched Paradise Lost (and am rewatching it on you tube)

My question is - how close to houses is this place? In Paradise Lost I got the impression it was out in the boonies and no house/traffic close by to hear anything.

But watching a video (I am sorry lost link but was on here a few days ago) of someone videotaping the area?? (I took it has the area) looked rather close to the Hobbs house. It was behind it.

So where exactly did this crime occur? :waitasec:

As you can see - about all I know of this I saw on Paradise Lost and this has captured my attention again so I want to read up on it some.

Robin Hood Hills is what the kids called the area of woods where they would sometimes play. All three little boys lived in the neighborhood beside RHH.

Here is the hills in relation to the houses....the little boys lived in the roads adjacent you can see here, the pink section is where the hills was, it has since been levelled by the looks, maybe a local could help if that is correct

robinhoodhills.png

....and here is the whole area, Jason's trailer park is the one at the top of the directional blue line, now I THINK I have Damien's park correct at bottom right.

Screenshot2010-09-08at62144AM.png

So by the ariel view where you pointed out Jason' trailor and Damien's place. The RHH would be close to the interstate 40 sign right?

Thanks - it helps more because it looked like it was away from homes in the movie but yet it really isn't.

Oh another question...

I see the LE pumping water from the ditch. How full does the ditch get? Meaning is it full of 3-4 water or just a stream?

Oh another question...

I see the LE pumping water from the ditch. How full does the ditch get? Meaning is it full of 3-4 water or just a stream?

http://callahan.8k.com/wm3/bridge.html

This is the court transcript where Bryn Ridge describes searching the ditch and pumping it out to unearth more evidence. I know I have read it was 2.5 feet deep, but can't find that, but you can tell by his description that it wasn't v deep, it's also visible on the aerial map. So yes, just a stream.

Screenshot2010-09-08at74638AM.png

It is unreal how much there is online about this case. I have so many tabs open reading and looking at images. Is there a place that shows the exhibts admitted into court? I see it written out but I want images?

PS thank you for showing me and answering my questions. I really appreciate it.

So Mrs. G Norris - where do you stand with the case? If you don't want to say that is alright.

It is unreal how much there is online about this case. I have so many tabs open reading and looking at images. Is there a place that shows the exhibts admitted into court? I see it written out but I want images?

PS thank you for showing me and answering my questions. I really appreciate it.

So Mrs. G Norris - where do you stand with the case? If you don't want to say that is alright.

Here is a link to the photos......it's pretty comprehensive, actually this whole site is awesome, I wish I could thank whoever put it together, it's been an invaluable resource!

http://callahan.8k.com/photos.html

As far as where I stand, I think they did do this, but I want to piece it together for myself by looking through all the evidence so that I can be 100% sure of it. I have a problem with the so called satanic stuff, and think entering that into the trial, and even the police investigation, was a HUGE mistake, and should not have happened.

There is no wonder that people doubt the outcome when the case was clouded by hysteria and prejudice IMO.

Also it looks like the 'ditch' was on the other side of the pipe bridge if you look at the photos taken at the time, so the new ditch may have been built once the area was levelled, and the original 'ditch' filled in.

aerial_80.jpg

and here's an areal shot from the time, the square area is the hills as they were.

aerial_92.jpg

Thanks for pointing me to there. It is a good site. I am kind of like you. It seems they did it. Except for Byers dad is kind of off the wall and makes me wonder.

I wonder since the teens were not really from that neighborhood how the LE even thought of them? I know with MissKelly's testimony it put them there. But how did they decide on them? Did someone who knew the boys say they were there so LE went to them? :waitasec:

Thanks for pointing me to there. It is a good site. I am kind of like you. It seems they did it. Except for Byers dad is kind of off the wall and makes me wonder.

I wonder since the teens were not really from that neighborhood how the LE even thought of them? I know with MissKelly's testimony it put them there. But how did they decide on them? Did someone who knew the boys say they were there so LE went to them? :waitasec:

that's the crux of this case. there is not a person involved that isn't kind of "off the wall" in one way or another.
JM implicated the other boys, who barely knew him, in his very confused "confession", in which he had almost zero facts correct.

that's the crux of this case. there is not a person involved that isn't kind of "off the wall" in one way or another.
JM implicated the other boys, who barely knew him, in his very confused "confession", in which he had almost zero facts correct.

yea that was what I was seeing. I had just read it for the first time yesterday. He repeated whatever LE said it looked like to me. So it really wasn't a confession but him trying to please LE with his responses? :waitasec:

yea that was what I was seeing. I had just read it for the first time yesterday. He repeated whatever LE said it looked like to me. So it really wasn't a confession but him trying to please LE with his responses? :waitasec:

Jessie knew things that unless he had been there he wouldn't have been known.
Such as that one of the boys was cut in the face, that one boy was cut down there and even indicated that it was Christopher Byers.

Beyond that though there are more confessions by Jessie.
The ones that we have proof of so far:
Two the day of the interrogation
One before Jason and Damien's trial, this one was to his own attorney who played the tape during Jason and Jessie's rule 37 hearing.
One more after his own conviction to the officers transporting him to prison.
One more to the prosecutors with his attorney's present.

Jessie knew things that unless he had been there he wouldn't have been known.
Such as that one of the boys was cut in the face, that one boy was cut down there and even indicated that it was Christopher Byers.

Beyond that though there are more confessions by Jessie.
The ones that we have proof of so far:
Two the day of the interrogation
One before Jason and Damien's trial, this one was to his own attorney who played the tape during Jason and Jessie's rule 37 hearing.
One more after his own conviction to the officers transporting him to prison.
One more to the prosecutors with his attorney's present.

I haven't seen these yet. I am just getting interested again in this case. I have not followed it from day one. Thanks for pointing these out.

I have read several times that Jerry Driver did.

In fact, a local juvenile probation officer named Jerry Driver who was assisting the police at the crime scene immediately tagged Echols at the crime scene as the person probably responsible for the murders. Perhaps it was Driver’s initial assessment of the crime scene itself or the official belief that the murders of the young boys was tied to Satanism which prompted the local police to round up, question, and even polygraph a number of West Memphis teenagers, including Echols.

http://www.capitalpunishmentbook.com/?p=358

JMO

I have another question. I was thinking this when I went to bed last night and wondering:

Why did Misskelly get a trial by himself but the other 2 were together? Should they all have been tried together or 3 seperate trials? I don't understand this? Or did Misskelly want his own but the others didn't? :waitasec:

I have read several times that Jerry Driver did.

In fact, a local juvenile probation officer named Jerry Driver who was assisting the police at the crime scene immediately tagged Echols at the crime scene as the person probably responsible for the murders. Perhaps it was Driver’s initial assessment of the crime scene itself or the official belief that the murders of the young boys was tied to Satanism which prompted the local police to round up, question, and even polygraph a number of West Memphis teenagers, including Echols.

http://www.capitalpunishmentbook.com/?p=358

JMO
you are so right, lisa. thanks! i'd forgotten about jerry driver's obsession with satanism and DE.

I have another question. I was thinking this when I went to bed last night and wondering:

Why did Misskelly get a trial by himself but the other 2 were together? Should they all have been tried together or 3 seperate trials? I don't understand this? Or did Misskelly want his own but the others didn't? :waitasec:

Because of Jessie's confession-the court and attorneys of Damien and Jason proposed it would be prejudicial (I believe I have the correct term) to the other two's defense. Basically-Jessie confessed, the other two did not. The prosecution was allowed to use Jessie's confession with Jessie but not the other two-introducing it as evidence if all three were tried together would taint the jury against Damien and Jason. Hence, the separation of Damien and Jason from Jessie.
Jason's attorneys repeatedly asked for separation, but they were always denied.

Misskelley had to be tried by himself as he had confessed and implicated the other two. Baldwin's attorney throughout his and Damien's trial motioned for a severance, it was never granted because there was no legal justification for it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back