IDI and RDI, what do they agree upon?

Chiquita71

Reaction score
Hello WS

I decided to go ahead and start this thread. If there is already one like it that I have over looked or is in any way inappropriate mods please delete. TIA. :)

Do you guys think it would be interesting to see what is agreed upon? Maybe each will have a more clear picture or at least have cleared out some information that was tripping up both sides?

:twocents:

IDI and RDI seem to agree that the investigation was botched, according to the other thread polls.

I don't know if the belief is that the investigation is forever doomed because of failures early on. If so, then its a view that is not very forward-thinking.

HOTYH,

Thank you for posting on this thread. Anyone posting on this case is a great source of information for me. I appreciate anyone sharing their knowledge.

I am reading the two threads, IDI and RDI: what's your problem? There is so much information you guys are posting and I want to read it all. My pace in this case is slow.

I also want to add a realization. I look at this case without wondering if or why it was or wasn't brought to trial. I am just looking to see what happened to JonBenet. The politics that are connected to this case are beyond my understanding(at this point) completely enough to have an opinion or bring those in as factors in my "sleuthing." A realization for me and FYI for anyone else.

I think the conclusion of this thread will be: IDI and RDIs don't agree on anything! lol. At least it would be documented then... :rolleyes: Sorry mods!

...JS...just sleuthing

HOTYH,

Thank you for posting on this thread. Anyone posting on this case is a great source of information for me. I appreciate anyone sharing their knowledge.

I am reading the two threads, IDI and RDI: what's your problem? There is so much information you guys are posting and I want to read it all. My pace in this case is slow.

I also want to add a realization. I look at this case without wondering if or why it was or wasn't brought to trial. I am just looking to see what happened to JonBenet. The politics that are connected to this case are beyond my understanding(at this point) completely enough to have an opinion or bring those in as factors in my "sleuthing." A realization for me and FYI for anyone else.

I think the conclusion of this thread will be: IDI and RDIs don't agree on anything! lol. At least it would be documented then... :rolleyes: Sorry mods!

...JS...just sleuthing

By now everybody just votes the party line.

"I am just looking to see what happened to JonBenet. "

My suggestion to avoid the politics is to start with the autopsy report, the ransom note, and the weapons, and work backwards. You're lucky if you can do that without stumbling over talk from biased hipshooters and Monday morning QB's.

The truth is probably a blend of this and that expert, though. They can't all be wrong?

I wish I could tell you what beliefs we have in common. I can tell you a few things but you have to decide for yourself because everyone has their own triggerpoint. For me, it is my understanding of DNA.

1. Like most RDI's, I believed early in the case that the theory of the parents possible being responsible was the right way to go.

2. I think many RDI's will agree to some sort of mishandling of the case the day after Christmas. For me particularly, leaks to the media eventually ruined the cooperation from the Ramsey's.

There's probably a number of things that RDI and IDI have to agree on:

1. The R's went to a dinner party in the early evening.
  2. Late at night, JBR's skull was fractured, she suffered acute injuries relating to a sexual assault, had other injuries listed in the autopsy, and died from asphyxiation due to strangulation associated with craniocerebral trauma.
  3. A long ransom note is associated with the crime scene. It had information that was superfluous to a kidnapping for ransom, and included anti U.S. and anti rich remarks.
  4. PR called 911 at 6:00 in the morning and reported a kidnapping.
  5. Friends and neighbors were allowed into the house.
  6. LA asked JR to search the house. Shortly thereafter, JR brought JBR up from the basement. He behaved as if JBR were still alive and attempted to remove a wrist ligature.
  7. The coroner removed a ligature found in a deep furrow around JBR's neck.

There's probably a number of things that RDI and IDI have to agree on:

1. The R's went to a dinner party in the early evening.
  2. Late at night, JBR's skull was fractured, she suffered acute injuries relating to a sexual assault, had other injuries listed in the autopsy, and died from asphyxiation due to strangulation associated with craniocerebral trauma.
  3. A long ransom note is associated with the crime scene. It had information that was superfluous to a kidnapping for ransom, and included anti U.S. and anti rich remarks.
  4. PR called 911 at 6:00 in the morning and reported a kidnapping.
  5. Friends and neighbors were allowed into the house.
  6. LA asked JR to search the house. Shortly thereafter, JR brought JBR up from the basement. He behaved as if JBR were still alive and attempted to remove a wrist ligature.
  7. The coroner removed a ligature found in a deep furrow around JBR's neck.

That would seem to be it.

I wish I could tell you what beliefs we have in common. I can tell you a few things but you have to decide for yourself because everyone has their own triggerpoint. For me, it is my understanding of DNA.

1. Like most RDI's, I believed early in the case that the theory of the parents possible being responsible was the right way to go.

2. I think many RDI's will agree to some sort of mishandling of the case the day after Christmas. For me particularly, leaks to the media eventually ruined the cooperation from the Ramsey's.

I feel it was more the advice of the R defense lawyers that stopped the cooperation. And yet, the Rs refused to cooperate from that DAY, supposedly before they talked to a lawyer, so I have to believe that at least one phone call went out from JR to a lawyer (most likely Mike Bynum) right after JB died.
I completely agree about the botched investigation. There was a sloppy autopsy, too, so there was plenty of fault to go around. And DA Hunter's association with the Globe reporter Jeff Shapiro was disgraceful.

Best guess is he figured one needed work and the other didn't.

Since nobody was in the basement with JR, and our thread starter is interested in what IDI and RDI agree on, maybe guesses aren't appropriate.

I'll start over: What did JR do after he brought JBR up from the basement?

Since nobody was in the basement with JR, and our thread starter is interested in what IDI and RDI agree on, maybe guesses aren't appropriate.

Then why ask?

I'll start over: What did JR do after he brought JBR up from the basement?

Well, I know he laid her out on the rug in the living room and covered her with a blanket and sweatshirt.

By OWEN MORITZ With News Wire Services
Thursday, August 14th 1997, 2:03AM

JonBenet Ramsey was found on her back, her head turned to one side and her arms extended when a Colorado coroner arrived at her home, an autopsy report revealed yesterday.

The 6-year-old beauty queen, who had been strangled, was clothed and covered with a blanket and Colorado Avalanche sweatshirt, according to the report.

I believe when JR brought her up from the basement, he laid her on the floor in the foyer. Det. Arndt, thinking this was too high-traffic (considering the number of people wandering around an unsecured crime scene), so she moved her to the living room, placing her under the Christmas tree on the rug. Then, JR covered her with a blanket, and Arndt then put a Colorado Avalanche sweatshirt over her as well. This was an unbelievable breach of proper procedure by Arndt, as not only did she allow JR to cover her with the blanket, but she then moved the body again herself and covered her with the sweatshirt.

I believe when JR brought her up from the basement, he laid her on the floor in the foyer. Det. Arndt, thinking this was too high-traffic (considering the number of people wandering around an unsecured crime scene), so she moved her to the living room, placing her under the Christmas tree on the rug. Then, JR covered her with a blanket, and Arndt then put a Colorado Avalanche sweatshirt over her as well. This was an unbelievable breach of proper procedure by Arndt, as not only did she allow JR to cover her with the blanket, but she then moved the body again herself and covered her with the sweatshirt.

I wonder does FW know anything about JR working to remove tape or wrist ligature in the basement, when JBR was first discovered?

I wonder does FW know anything about JR working to remove tape or wrist ligature in the basement, when JBR was first discovered?

I would think FW would have to know whether JR did any of this. He was right behind him.
FW hasn't said much about what he saw JR do once they reached the body. But he would have seen whatever JR did.
Whatever FW saw is still unknown, at least to the public.

If it were up to me, there would've been two teams. An RDI team and an IDI team, because in the absense of smoking gun evidence, its only natural for this division to occur.

At least then people could work unimpeded on each respective set of ideas. One set would, over time, naturally demonstrate that it is more cohesive with reality than the other.

If it were up to me, there would've been two teams. An RDI team and an IDI team, because in the absense of smoking gun evidence, its only natural for this division to occur.

At least then people could work unimpeded on each respective set of ideas. One set would, over time, naturally demonstrate that it is more cohesive with reality than the other.

Speaking for myself, I think that is an EXCELLENT idea! If memory serves, that very approach was suggested at one point.

This isn't particularly an RDI or IDI issue, so I'll post it here in case someone wants to comment.

I was originally prepared to believe that the head bash preceded the strangle, but I'm really struggling to understand how such a massive head injury could leave absolutely no outward signs at all. No blood, no bruise, no swelling. Every parent knows that even if a kid falls off a bike onto a hard surface, an 'egg' comes up straight away. To split the skull and leave no mark at all is amazing. The investigator present at the PM said they were surprised when they discovered the head injury. The only conclusion I can come to is that she was not alive when it happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back