Neighbors/Relatives/Community/Friends

spiderlady

Reaction score
This is my first time starting a thread so forgive me if it crosses a line or Mods please delete or move accordingly.

My interest is in how family, friends and those living around them treat the Anthony's. We hear very little from direct neighbors except for those questioned some time back. I thought some sleuthers in the area may have some insight. It is fairly clear that they have no friends to speak of according to docs we have seem so far. (ie GA's job ap)

Also...the Memorial Service...was CA mother and brother "allowed" admittance?

Let's see now - if I was family or friends - would I have stepped into this case via the media. The first picture that pops into my mind are the out of control protesters standing outside the Anthony home.

Then I think about the harassing of Rick Pleasea by the Anthony and many bloggers.

Then I think how the various people who have popped up in this case have had their lives turned outside out, just because they were acquainted with ICA.

I suspect the SA has strongly suggested to most witnesses and family members that they keep a very low profile for their own protection.

Would I have said a peep? Not a chance!

The neighbors seemed to have casey's number so to speak and knew what was up with the family. They did seem to have some people as support in the beginning. George's police officer buddy comes to mind. Now it's just hangers on like Mallory imo.

The neighbors seemed to have casey's number so to speak and knew what was up with the family. They did seem to have some people as support in the beginning. George's police officer buddy comes to mind. Now it's just hangers on like Mallory imo.

George used Ken Gagne's name as a reference on one of his job applications. Perhaps they are still on speaking terms.

Or not.

MENDING WALL
Robert Frost

Something there is that doesn't love a wall,
That sends the frozen-ground-swell under it,
And spills the upper boulders in the sun,
And makes gaps even two can pass abreast.
The work of hunters is another thing:
I have come after them and made repair
Where they have left not one stone on a stone,
But they would have the rabbit out of hiding,
To please the yelping dogs. The gaps I mean,
No one has seen them made or heard them made,
But at spring mending-time we find them there.
I let my neighbor know beyond the hill;
And on a day we meet to walk the line
And set the wall between us once again.
We keep the wall between us as we go.
To each the boulders that have fallen to each.
And some are loaves and some so nearly balls
We have to use a spell to make them balance:
'Stay where you are until our backs are turned!'
We wear our fingers rough with handling them.
Oh, just another kind of out-door game,
One on a side. It comes to little more:
There where it is we do not need the wall:
He is all pine and I am apple orchard.
My apple trees will never get across
And eat the cones under his pines, I tell him.
He only says, 'Good fences make good neighbors'.
Spring is the mischief in me, and I wonder
If I could put a notion in his head:
'Why do they make good neighbors? Isn't it
Where there are cows?
But here there are no cows.
Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
What I was walling in or walling out,
And to whom I was like to give offence.
That wants it down.' I could say 'Elves' to him,
But it's not elves exactly, and I'd rather
He said it for himself. I see him there
Bringing a stone grasped firmly by the top
In each hand, like an old-stone savage armed.
He moves in darkness as it seems to me~
Not of woods only and the shade of trees.
He will not go behind his father's saying,
And he likes having thought of it so well
He says again, "Good fences make good neighbors."

MENDING WALL
Robert Frost

That sends the frozen-ground-swell under it,
And spills the upper boulders in the sun,
And makes gaps even two can pass abreast.
The work of hunters is another thing:
I have come after them and made repair
Where they have left not one stone on a stone,
But they would have the rabbit out of hiding,
To please the yelping dogs. The gaps I mean,
No one has seen them made or heard them made,
But at spring mending-time we find them there.
I let my neighbor know beyond the hill;
And on a day we meet to walk the line
And set the wall between us once again.
We keep the wall between us as we go.
To each the boulders that have fallen to each.
And some are loaves and some so nearly balls
We have to use a spell to make them balance:
'Stay where you are until our backs are turned!'
We wear our fingers rough with handling them.
Oh, just another kind of out-door game,
One on a side. It comes to little more:
There where it is we do not need the wall:
He is all pine and I am apple orchard.
My apple trees will never get across
And eat the cones under his pines, I tell him.
He only says, 'Good fences make good neighbors'.
Spring is the mischief in me, and I wonder
If I could put a notion in his head:
'Why do they make good neighbors? Isn't it
Where there are cows?
But here there are no cows.
Before I built a wall I'd ask to know
What I was walling in or walling out,
And to whom I was like to give offence.
That wants it down.' I could say 'Elves' to him,
But it's not elves exactly, and I'd rather
He said it for himself. I see him there
Bringing a stone grasped firmly by the top
In each hand, like an old-stone savage armed.
He moves in darkness as it seems to me~
Not of woods only and the shade of trees.
He will not go behind his father's saying,
And he likes having thought of it so well
He says again, "Good fences make good neighbors."

O/T I memorized this poem when I was young and once recited it to my Dad while we were mending a stone wall in late September sunshine. My Dad is gone now but you brought back a wonderful day for me (and tears to my eyes). Thank you kindly for the memory jog, Bette! :blowkiss:

O/T I memorized this poem when I was young and once recited it to my Dad while we were mending a stone wall in late September sunshine. My Dad is gone now but you brought back a wonderful day for me (and tears to my eyes). Thank you kindly for the memory jog, Bette! :blowkiss:

You're very welcome, Paintr. I often draw from literature/poetry when considering current life situations. H/T to the OP for reminding me of Robert Frost's immortal words about neighbors and fences ;)

Hello Paintr, long time no see. Thanks for sharing that memory with us.

Sundance

As dysfunctional as this family is, I wonder if there ever were many family friends to begin with. All that tension and baggage...it seems it would be hard to hang out with them as a couple. Seems that they spent alot of time watching Caylee otherwise, maybe not much time left to socialize. *shrug*

Hello Paintr, long time no see. Thanks for sharing that memory with us.

Sundance

O/T Hey there Sundance! So nice to 'see' ya. I've been around lurking but RL got busy.

My Dad was the best! That memory coming back unexpectedly was like sharing time with him again....such a gift!

Families like this don't usually keep friends... or remain close to extended family members. Friends are scape goats, they alienate friends... they take advantage of friends. They need to be admired, everything has to be about them, they have no empathy, they pretend to care about the friends issue only if it will benifit them in the end. If the friend disagrees with or confronts them- it's over. And it doesn't even have to be a big thing. If the friend "crosses" them it's war. Did you hear what she said to Tim Miller after he "crossed" her? ("Don't mess with the Anthony's.. you won't win" something like that "I gave you pills for your back" like she wanted the law to know.. trying to get him busted. ) How she reacted to her brother in the emails when he confronted her with the truth? Friends and personality disorders don't usually work well.

Families like this don't usually keep friends... or remain close to extended family members. Friends are scape goats, they alienate friends... they take advantage of friends. They need to be admired, everything has to be about them, they have no empathy, they pretend to care about the friends issue only if it will benifit them in the end. If the friend disagrees with or confronts them- it's over. And it doesn't even have to be a big thing. If the friend "crosses" them it's war. Did you hear what she said to Tim Miller after he "crossed" her? ("Don't mess with the Anthony's.. you won't win" something like that "I gave you pills for your back" like she wanted the law to know.. trying to get him busted. ) How she reacted to her brother in the emails when he confronted her with the truth? Friends and personality disorders don't usually work well.

They only keep friends who are easily manipulated.

They only keep friends who are easily manipulated.

Yup, they can only keep the "followers" around who won't dare cross them or disagree with them. Can you imagine CA and a neighbor sitting in her dining room one morning sharing a cup of coffee and the neighbor sympathetically comments about ICA's behavior? CA would be furious and would probably physically toss the neighbor out the door. With those types of personalities, you only cross them once - no second chance.:furious:

That would be a tough environment in which to nurture a normal friendship or relationship of any kind. IMHO.

I live in a small town and I know without a doubt if something like this were to go down here then the family would not even be able to go to the bank or grocery without being talked about and stuff. Just wondering if they had trouble doing day to day activities or do they still have "hired hands" so to speak to do all that for them.

That's funny. I never looked at it that way. But wouldn't that have backfired on her. CA is a nurse and should know better. She could have told him they were a non-prescription medication. I'm sure he trusted her....well, then. Sometimes you wonder what CA is really thinking when she says these things.

That's funny. I never looked at it that way. But wouldn't that have backfired on her. CA is a nurse and should know better. She could have told him they were a non-prescription medication. I'm sure he trusted her....well, then. Sometimes you wonder what CA is really thinking when she says these things.

I can see her giving him something like Alieve and saying that just to make LE think she provided him with a controlled substance. Everything is a trap or a game to her and that family. IMHO

I'm wondering if maybe George's police officer buddy from Ohio may be the reason the defense is trying to get more money for an investigator to go back to Ohio. We know they're investigating George and who better to talk to but a longtime friend who happened to also come stay with the Anthonys during the beginning of this case.

What happened to the BFF the Milsteds? Have the disappeared? They seemed to be a perfect match for each other.

Even the dutiful couple from the church that used to accompany mom and pop to every hearing are gone?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back