MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's woods nearby that police searched briefly. If my child was missing, I'd be out in the street searching, I'm tellin' ya. I would be screaming her name.

They did NOT search briefly! They combed that thing like I have never seen a wooded area combed - multiple times. They went by foot, atv and had dogs - all multiple times. Unless somebody put something up there AFTER they searched, I would say there is nothing there concerning this case. I did hear of some 'interesting' things that they did find though! (obviously not related to this case)

As you would do, I too would be would be doing so. However, we're not JI and DB. We don't know what physical or emotional limitations they're operating under, nor do we really know of their involvement in any such searches. Somebody else here suggested DB needed to be sedated. However, if she were she would be accused by others here of being drugged out and thus not able to assist in the search for her baby. She's being criticized for taking a "rest day", but it may just be that her family and friends saw that she was on the verge of a breakdown, and they called for a time out. If she has a breakdown, then what use is she going to be?

I didn't say I thought they should call in Dr. Murray, but a mild sedative, which is usually given, would at least bring her hysteria down a notch.

BBM: Who takes a "rest" day when every second counts when your baby has been kidnapped?? No one finds this odd but me?? One thing I know for sure, if my baby were kidnapped, I would be doing every possible thing I could to find her and I would quit when I passed out from exhaustion. NO ONE could convince me to sit still. It's hard to even imagine the terror.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/08/feds-scour-landfill-in-search-missing-missouri-baby/

She said detectives told her: "`You did it. You did it. And we have nothing.

Why do I have a hard time believing that LE said that to her, "and we have nothing" just doesn't sound right

Yeah somehow I have a feeling that the conversation went something like this "We have looked at every name you have given us and found nothing. And we have looked at every window and door in your home and cannot find anything to indicate they have been tampered with. We have nothing to indicate that any one was in your home that night other than you or someone you let in."

For me, yes, it's a tiny detail, but it's one that wasn't given right away.

I wondered a couple of threads ago where the kitten was found....or if a stranger gave it to the little boy...etc. etc.

It's probably absolutely nothing, but like I said, just another detail to give us the bigger picture.

I agree. The kitten is weird, maybe they mentioned it b/c it was out of the ordinary. Surely they were asked if anything unusual happened that day. If this were a very elaborate and well planned abduction, the abductor could have used the kitten as a way to distract the family.

Or it could just be another random coincidence like the fire .10 miles from their house, the man that saw a baby near their house, the dad's first night working over night at a new job, the mom forgetting to lock the door, the mom forgetting to shut off the lights, the mom not hearing anything on the monitor.

Yes, I believe it was the one in which he challenged anyone to come up with something they haven't already done three times.

He said that so many times I almost think he was talking to the perp.

As you would do, I too would be would be doing so. However, we're not JI and DB. We don't know what physical or emotional limitations they're operating under, nor do we really know of their involvement in any such searches. Somebody else here suggested DB needed to be sedated. However, if she were she would be accused by others here of being drugged out and thus not able to assist in the search for her baby. She's being criticized for taking a "rest day", but it may just be that her family and friends saw that she was on the verge of a breakdown, and they called for a time out. If she has a breakdown, then what use is she going to be?

I hear ya, but I'm still calling hinky as far as the parents and what they know.

If police are searching today as much as these articles suggest, I would love to see the video. This is the big story in Kansas City, cameras should be there. I'd really like to get an idea of the extent of these searches, because this news seems to contradict this article:

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/local_news/search-for-lisa-irwin-comes-to-a-halt#ixzz1aDtkHyD6

See how the spin on the searches is a little different here?

In one of the interviews, 10/7, I believe, Deborah was describing what she did after discovering Lisa gone...she was screaming her name, they called 911, she ran outside to wave the police down - but "didn't even think" to look in the area around the house.

Is she trying to say she didn't see the cell phone out there? I think every mother would be running around the outside of the house looking for the baby that is not inside. One of the boys could have left the door open - maybe not see her crawl out and then closed it back. 10 month old's escape their cribs all the time.n According to JI, he didn't think the boys knew very much though....

A dingo stole my baby...

After the mother was falsely convicted of murder, it was proven three years later that Baby Azaria was in fact carried off by a dingo. Her clothing was found near a dingo den and ruled impossible for the timeline to have been placed there by anyone other than a dingo. She was released from prison and her sentence overturned.

I didn't say I thought they should call in Dr. Murray, but a mild sedative, which is usually given, would at least bring her hysteria down a notch.

BBM: Who takes a "rest" day when every second counts when your baby has been kidnapped?? No one finds this odd but me?? One thing I know for sure, if my baby were kidnapped, I would be doing every possible thing I could to find her and I would quit when I passed out from exhaustion. NO ONE could convince me to sit still. It's hard to even imagine the terror.

I'm just curious if the family talked with media yesterday or today?

The bit about the kitten was strange to me only because no way could I sleep so soundly with a tiny kitten in the bed, as well as a child, who might roll over on it, for one thing...and not hear people or a person out in my house taking my child and my phones...

I also do not believe the suggestion that the phones were hidden to hide an affair...why would the phones be lined up on a countertop for a curious spouse to examine, and yet when your toddler is gone, your brain reminds me to hide the phones?? If the phones were removed by the family, it was NOT to hide an affair. JMO

Maybe that's just it. I doubt they've slept much at all since Tuesday morning, Jeremy probably since Monday afternoon. It's Saturday now. Earlier, people were posting that the mom was crying on cue, couldn't get through an interview without crying; well, maybe she is exhausted and needs to rest.

I remember that Kyron Horman's parents were told to rest and let the searchers do their jobs.

To me, there just comes a point where you can't take care of anything effectively if you don't take care of yourself. People may think they'd go days and weeks on end without any sleep at all if their baby was missing, but in reality, that's just not possible.

So the *new* and different things that day/night:

- new stray kitten
- new job for dad (a night job)
- first time door left unlocked
- new cell phone to program
- new routine (mom with three kids at night)
- somewhat rare dumpster fire not too far away

Anything else? TIA...

http://theklaasact.blogspot.com/201...html#!/2011/10/strange-case-of-baby-lisa.html

Mark Klaas:The Strange Case of Baby Lisa

To put their own needs ahead of baby Lisa’s recovery is pitiful and shortsighted.
For a brief moment in time baby Lisa has fulfilled America’s obsession with true crime and a good mystery. However, if there are no new developments interest will be impossible to sustain. Eventually, national media will move onto the next crime de jour. Satellite connections will be broken, antennas will telescope back down, cable will be coiled and stored and the correspondents will climb into their rental cars and fly off to their next destination. Now, the only outlet for getting the word out will be the local media. And, how receptive will they be if they were snubbed by the family seeking wider attention on the national stage?

Kidnapping is local and times are tough. Law enforcement will investigate as long as tips come in and the investigation moves forward. But, unless the public demands their full attention they will drift off to other cases and other crimes. If the parents of the missing child are not front and center on the local television screen recruiting public support, the fragile coalition of trust that includes law enforcement, media, the public and the family can crumble like a house of cards.

These last names that could be first names are really messing me up and then reporters call the people by their last names. Funny even the reporter Cliff Judy does it. LOL LOL

So the *new* and different things that day/night:

- new stray kitten
- new job for dad (a night job)
- first time door left unlocked
- new cell phone to program
- new routine (mom with three kids at night)
- somewhat rare dumpster far not too far away

Anything else? TIA...

baby sick
one child in mom's bed
fire in nearby dumpster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors