Why Has DT "Lost" their Jury Consultant??

My guess is that 48 Hours paid Baez, who made an agreement to pay Gabriel. IIRC CBS said that they did NOT pay Gabriel. Then somehow "miraculously" said payment hasn't been made (wouldn't be the first time!) to Gabriel and he said "bye-bye".

He doesn't pay his bills, doesn't pay DCasey, doesn't pay child support, doesn't pay his mortgage - hmmm do we see a pattern here?

Hmm. I think he might have done what he was hired to, already. I wonder if he was really just hired to take part in that ridiculous 48 hours for the DT. A smart bit of propaganda, if you ask me. And if so, it shows where they are going and what they really hope for which may be negligent homicide of a child and a sentence no greater than 30 years: http://law.justia.com/codes/florida/2005/TitleXLVI/ch0775.html

I'd be willing to bet that the reason Gabriel left had something to do with money. It's always about the money...

They need him, he doesn't need them- the CBS program gave him millions in free advertising. I'm sure he's booked solid with paying clientele.

Or an alternate explanation - Baez promised Gabriel some sun-n-fun on Miami Beach and Gabriel suspects Ocala (or wherever) isn't as appealing (no pun)

If this is his career ,there must have been a true difference of opinion,IMO.
To just walk away from a professional committment would not bode well for the next defense team that is considering hiring him.
I suspect the team either fired him,or wanted him to do something he simply refused to do.

Maybe they are playing games with Kathi B.

that is what I am thinking... just wanted to make sure everyone saw the update

((not to mention it has not been reported in another florida msm yet... I have been searching))

:eye::eye:

DT wouldn't admit to Kathi B. if their office was on fire even if they were both standing outside watching the fire.

With what funding could they have possibly hired him? JAC already denied that for the budget. I agree with others that CBS "paid" him - if not in money, then certainly in publicity by allowing him the creative control to direct that ridiculous little piece of propaganda. All defense teams going forward (with money) will see this guy as a savvy consultant that knows how to use the media to insinuate to the general public that an upcoming trial might not actually be the slam dunk it really is. I'm sure it was way better than taking out an ad.

DC has probably called him to explain JB's great payment plans

or.........

he already has a commitment to do a beer and "buns" commercial on the beach with a 'high profile" lawyer (insert whatever "here today, gone tomorrow" lawyer you want)

I think it's more an ethical one. By bailing now, before he actually has to help seat a real jury he can pull off the "I was just there for consulting and advisement" card and basically make it seem like that 48 hours bullplop was an independent project. Thus putting him on firmer ethical ground. Whereas if he was to sit through and consult on jury selection it would open up some MAJOR questions of ethics. To the point where the JAC might have been able to in some way attach whatever payment he recieved from 48 hours in order to buffer the costs of KC's defense. It made the most long term business sense for him to get the hell out of dodge before he became "official" by participating in any court proceedings.

Maybe he has finally realized that neither the accused OR her attorney will ever listen to anyone with 1/2 a brain. I can't see JB ever using the help he's been offered. Too stubborn...KC & JB = 2 peas in a pod

Very interesting what Mr. Hornsby put on his blog regarding the jury consultant (particularly how he may be getting paid) (if he is still working with the defense, that is). :giggle: LOVE IT!!

Very interesting what Mr. Hornsby put on his blog regarding the jury consultant (particularly how he may be getting paid) (if he is still working with the defense, that is). :giggle: LOVE IT!!
do you have a link to the blog? thanks so much :)

also... if you look at the tweet thread for today Nancy tweeted she would have 'breaking news" on the defense team tonight... maybe she will be discussing this ((???))

Yep, he got his $$$$ and got outta town. Isn't that what everyone (except the SA) directly involved in this case is in it for...the $$$$ and the fame.

Umm - maybe he just got the Fame and hit the floor running out the door when he found out there was no $$$$ on incoming......

Just a suggestion with Baez at the helm..:innocent:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back