If You Were George and Cindy

ShouldBWorking

Reaction score
what would you be doing?

I understand standing by your child, unconditional love. BUT I really believe I would be in hiding and whenever I came out for whatever reason the only words leaving my mouth would be, "No comment."

I would be actively searching and putting out info on Caylee. Not just sitting at home or doing interviews, and getting mad that no one is searching for Caylee. I would want to give my daughter the benefit of the doubt, but I dont think I could continue to do so once I find out that her whole story is nothing by lies, and nothing can be accounted for.

what would you be doing?

I understand standing by your child, unconditional love. BUT I really believe I would be in hiding and whenever I came out for whatever reason the only words leaving my mouth would be, "No comment."
I would have lawyered up about 3 weeks ago and I would only speak about finding Caylee.
They have to stay in the media if they want to search for Caylee, but as they are learning they can't just casually throw things out there.
They should have had professional guidance on what to say and what not to say.

I feel real bad for the whole family.

I don't think you ever know what you would do until it happens to you. I just feel very very sorry for them. They are probably really good ordinary folks who don't know what to do and on top of all this tragedy have a million eyes on them. I bet in their heart of hearts they think poor little Caylee is dead and Casey is responsible. I can' t imagine what they are going through. I would probably be in a padded cell.

I'd be hiring a private detective to find my granddaughter - dead or alive and I'd be in my daughter's face until she broke down and I'd be crying night and day and I'd be praying nonstop. oh, and having wine.

If I were George and Cindy, I believe I would have told LE everything from the very beginning. I don't know if they forced LE to get a search warrant, if they kept quiet about the gas cans, or washed the pants on purpose. George and Cindy seem to know what they are doing, and have reasons for each step that they take. There's no way that I believe they are falling apart yet.

First, I'd take off the rose colored glasses. Second, I would end contact w/my daughter...not talking isn't acceptable to me. I love my kids, always and forever, but that doesn't mean I must accept and support everything they do. Third, I would be looking for my grandchild...hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

I would be walking the woods and any other possible locations with a group of volunteers.

I would do everything the opposite of what the Anthonys are doing.

I would not be giving interviews.

I would be hiding, and, crying and going NUTZ!

All of what they family has been thriough and they all look great! recently we had several serious illnesses of family members......I felt like I had been run over by a bus....It was more than I could handle..so how come they don't have bags under their eyes and look awful????

I would not be giving interviews.

I would be hiding, and, crying and going NUTZ!

All of what they family has been thriough and they all look great! recently we had several serious illnesses of family members......I felt like I had been run over by a bus....It was more than I could handle..so how come they don't have bags under their eyes and look awful????

I have wondered this myself.

I think it's easy to say what we would do but grief and guilt combined can make you nuts and I think this family has a lot of guilt and Casey plays off of it.

I know it's not a popular feeling around here but my heart breaks for this mom and dad. They love their daughter and grandchild and they are in denial, when they let reality hit them they react with fear..it's sad.

I have wondered this myself.

I think it's easy to say what we would do but grief and guilt combined can make you nuts and I think this family has a lot of guilt and Casey plays off of it.

I know it's not a popular feeling around here but my heart breaks for this mom and dad. They love their daughter and grandchild and they are in denial, when they let reality hit them they react with fear..it's sad.
I agree about the guilt. I think that the situation was stressed before Casey left and this just compounded it.

Did you notice how straightforward and calm Cindy was at the beginning when she was responding to Casey in the recorded calls? It struck me that she had perhaps had some counseling on how to deflect all Casey's guilt tripping off of herself. She very clearly placed the blame right back on Casey's shoulders, referred to her as sweetheart, did not get upset even though Casey was, and she continued to remind casey that it was her own actions dictating the sitation. It was actually quite impressive. She did not give in to the attempted manipulation by Casey.
I am guessing she had some professional help with regards to her daughter's behavior and she was implementing it probably after a lifetime of manipulation by Casey..
But since that time I have no idea what she is saying to Casey and it looks like she has now fallen into the guilt trip and has moved backwards from the progress she had made intially.
jmho of course.

I wondered how they all look put together and well groomed and such.
When our family went thru a gut wrenching event we all looked like the walking dead ourselves.
We would not have been able to string together two words fot the media.
We just clung to each other praying and sobbing and tho we wanted to be strong there was no way to physically hold it together.
I just do not see how this family is functioning as well as they are. We did not know what world we were in other than HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING?!
Clinging to anyone with a shred of possible info, no time or even any awareness of anyone else around us. No one ate, slept, talked, just zombies.
And we are a big family wiith lots of different types of people in it, we were ALL this way.

I would have lawyered up in the beginning. I would have a licensed victims advocate to speak for me. I would say through her, first and foremost "Please if you have Casey or if you know who does, please bring her home. Please call the OCSD and tell them what you know. Please, help us find Caylee."

And second, "Please keep looking for Caylee, and if you know anything, anything at all, please call the OCSD tip line as fast as you can. Any information that you have might help us find Caylee. If you met Casey over the last month please call the OCSD tip line and tell them what you remember. If you saw Casey and Caylee together, please call. Please ask your friends, ask everyone you see, do you know this child! Please help us bring her home."

Beyond that I can not say.

I would have lawyered up in the beginning. I would have a licensed victims advocate to speak for me. I would say through her, first and foremost "Please if you have Casey or if you know who does, please bring her home. Please call the OCSD and tell them what you know. Please, help us find Caylee."

And second, "Please keep looking for Caylee, and if you know anything, anything at all, please call the OCSD tip line as fast as you can. Any information that you have might help us find Caylee. If you met Casey over the last month please call the OCSD tip line and tell them what you remember. If you saw Casey and Caylee together, please call. Please ask your friends, ask everyone you see, do you know this child! Please help us bring her home."

Beyond that I can not say.

great post, I do wonder instead of cussing the press why isn't GMA pleading with "the kidnappers"

I don't think you ever know what you would do until it happens to you. I just feel very very sorry for them. They are probably really good ordinary folks who don't know what to do and on top of all this tragedy have a million eyes on them. I bet in their heart of hearts they think poor little Caylee is dead and Casey is responsible. I can' t imagine what they are going through. I would probably be in a padded cell.

I agree. I would not know really what to do after I called LE. I would be lost and upset.

I wondered how they all look put together and well groomed and such.
When our family went thru a gut wrenching event we all looked like the walking dead ourselves.
We would not have been able to string together two words fot the media.
We just clung to each other praying and sobbing and tho we wanted to be strong there was no way to physically hold it together.
I just do not see how this family is functioning as well as they are. We did not know what world we were in other than HAVE YOU HEARD ANYTHING?!
Clinging to anyone with a shred of possible info, no time or even any awareness of anyone else around us. No one ate, slept, talked, just zombies.
And we are a big family wiith lots of different types of people in it, we were ALL this way.

Huge {{Hugs}}...so sorry you went through this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kupsa
Back