Three children dead after SUV hits minivan

capoly

Reaction score
Three children dead after SUV hits minivan in South Miami-Dade

Hector Serrano buckled his three children into the family minivan before dawn Sunday. He didn't want to leave them alone while he dropped off his wife, who works the early shift at Jackson Memorial Hospital.....

......Rescuers used the Jaws of Life to extract the SUV's driver, Gabriel Delrisco, 40, from the wreckage.....

...Delrisco has been stopped and ticketed 20 times since 2001, Miami-Dade traffic records show. He was convicted once of a criminal traffic infraction: driving under the influence in 2001. His license was suspended for six months for that offense.

Since then, he has been ticketed for reckless driving, speeding, failure to stop at a traffic light and crossing a median. Many of his tickets were dismissed or a judge withheld adjudication.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/southflorida/story/872306.html

Prayers are with this mother & father. They were doing the right thing by not leaving their children alone at home. They paid the price for a system gone wrong, a system that allowed a fool to rule the roads.

Three children dead after SUV hits minivan in South Miami-Dade

Hector Serrano buckled his three children into the family minivan before dawn Sunday. He didn't want to leave them alone while he dropped off his wife, who works the early shift at Jackson Memorial Hospital.....

......Rescuers used the Jaws of Life to extract the SUV's driver, Gabriel Delrisco, 40, from the wreckage.....

...Delrisco has been stopped and ticketed 20 times since 2001, Miami-Dade traffic records show. He was convicted once of a criminal traffic infraction: driving under the influence in 2001. His license was suspended for six months for that offense.

Since then, he has been ticketed for reckless driving, speeding, failure to stop at a traffic light and crossing a median. Many of his tickets were dismissed or a judge withheld adjudication.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/southflorida/story/872306.html

Prayers are with this mother & father. They were doing the right thing by not leaving their children alone at home. They paid the price for a system gone wrong, a system that allowed a fool to rule the roads.

:banghead:

This makes me madder than hell.

But you know what ? these people will just drive with out licenses so the best thing to do is set a limit - after x amount of tickets/infringments whatever you go to JAIL

People then might stop playing with other peoples lives on the road :(

Poor family - this is dispicable

And reminds me of that other family with the mum dad and 7 kids ? and only the dad and two children survived ... it was at christmas/new year time

:banghead:

This makes me madder than hell.

But you know what ? these people will just drive with out licenses so the best thing to do is set a limit - after x amount of tickets/infringments whatever you go to JAIL

People then might stop playing with other peoples lives on the road :(

Poor family - this is dispicable

And reminds me of that other family with the mum dad and 7 kids ? and only the dad and two children survived ... it was at christmas/new year time

Oh my...the Gagnon crash...what a horrible injustice that one was....

http://unclesagainstdrunkdrivers.blogspot.com/2008/05/michael-gagnon-found-guilty-for-killing.html

This is so sad. As a parent you do all you can to protect your children. Yet the court system doesn't seem to protect our safety. I do not know anyone who has had that many traffic tickets. This man should not have been driving.

I hope the family can find peace. I just couldn't imagine trying to pul my dead childen from my wrecked car. I'm sure the last image of his children will never leave his mind. This is just heart wrenching.

Oh my goodness. This is absolutely heart wrenching!! The parents were obviously doing right by their kids, working hard to provide for them and trying to keep them safe. I hope they do eventually find peace, but I hope they raise holy he11 in the mean time. That "man" had absolutely no respect for life or the law. His previous driving record proves he knew exactly how to get out of trouble...so many cases dropped or adjudicated. He basically thumbed his nose at our court system. How do people do this stuff and actually get away with it?! The court system (even if it is just traffic court) failed this family, and every other person they put at risk by continuing to let this scum bag drive.

MIAMI -- The parents of three children who died in a car crash Sunday are planning their funeral, and they said they cannot afford it.

Speaking through her attorney, Mirian Serrano talked about the nightmare she has been living. On Sunday morning, her husband, Hector, was sitting at a stoplight in their minivan on South Dixie Highway with their three children -- 10-year-old Hector, 7-year-old Esmeralda and 4-year-old Amber -- when another car rear-ended it. The three children died.

http://www.justnews.com/news/18577857/detail.html

Yeah :( that is the one :(

My space is FILLED With Personal stories of deaths of loved ones from Drink Driving and or Drugs.

I have become friends with many because my heart just fills with sadness for them and I want to just HUG them all....Its so unfair, its so WRONG - so many kids dying from idiot drunk / drug drivers

So many kids dying from drugs. Prescription ones too.

Kelli forever 18 is a good myspace site to start at if you want to reach out to any of these people or indeed any of you have lost people to tragedy such as these

:( I worry so much for the future of my childre

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back