Haleigh Cummings Roundtable on 06/04/09

nomoresorrow

Reaction score
~A closer look at the roundtable discussion that occurred in June/2009~

The Details*
When:
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Hosted by:
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
Attendees:
Approximately 40 individuals including members from the following agencies;
Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Putnam County Sheriff's Office (PCSO)
State (Florida) Attorney's Office
Purpose:
To discuss the current statis of the Haleigh Cummings investigation and the future investigative direction of the investigation;
What has been accomplished thus far in the investigation
What has yet to be accomplished/completed in the investigation
Additional focus - Any new directions that may be persued
Topics discussed:
Review of the initial call
Review of all searches performed to date
Review of the significant amount of evidence collected by the FDLE crime scene technicians
Review of interviews performed to date
Conclusion:
More than 4,000 leads received that need to be followed up on;
>Various ways of prioritizing those leads
Analysis of the evidence initially collected by FDLE CST's has not been completed;
>Priorities discussed/set for analyzing remaining evidence
Previous interviews to be re-conducted
Each agency accepted responsibility for the various outstanding assignments discussed (above)
NO suspects were identified
NO persons were eliminated
Looking ahead:
Group intends to meet again in 30 days if the case has not yet been solved

*All of the above information was disseminated from the following link:
http://www.pcso.us/2009-6-5-a

Time is the enemy...
More then six months have passed since this roundtable took place. Captain Dick Schauland stated that the group would meet again in 30 days if the case had not been solved - from what we know, that next meeting did not/has not occurred, despite the fact that the case remains unsolved.

Why no follow-up roundtable?
The only answer that I can come up with is that the status of the investigation in the case remained unchanged from the time of the previous roundtable discussion, therefore it was determined that the meeting was not needed or appropriate at that time.

Why should we care?
Because the committment to a periodic roundtable discussion ensures that those involved in investigating this case will be held accountable to perform and complete the "assignments" they "accepted responsibility" for at the first roundtable discussion that occurred on June 4, 2009.
Because if there are outstanding assignments ("assignments" is the term used in the article on the link provided referring to the investigative tasks to be performed), without the benefit of the roundtable discussion, including all agencies involved in this case, how can any outstanding assignments be identified, evaluated and a determination(s) made as to the reason(s) for an outstanding assignment(s).
If there continues to be outstanding assignments more than six months later, since the initial roundtable discussion, wouldn't it be equally beneficial to the investigation/investigators in this case to identify and assess where and why certain "assignments" are hitting brick walls? Identifying and assessing that in itself may provide the investigators with another chapter in this tragic story -perhaps the chapter that leads them to Haleigh.

Can we find out why there has been no follow-up roundtable since June? Wouldn't that be a simple question that could be answered by the lead investigator in the case? Are there no documents that explain why it hasn't happened?

Can we find out why there has been no follow-up roundtable since June? Wouldn't that be a simple question that could be answered by the lead investigator in the case? Is there no documents that explain why it hasn't happened?

I haven't been able to locate any documents that address this Baznme but I'm still looking and will continue to - I'll also call PCSO tomorrow morning and ask directly. Can't hurt, right? :croc:

I haven't been able to locate any documents that address this Baznme but I'm still looking and will continue to - I'll also call PCSO tomorrow morning and ask directly. Can't hurt, right? :croc:

I don't think so. If they don't know.......then I don't know who would? Right?

Although I have found several mainstream local news media outlets that mention and/or refer to the initial roundtable discussion in June, none of them, other than an online news source that we can't link to, mentions the passing of time without a follow-up roundtable discussion as Captain Schauland had initially stated would take place in 6-months on the PCSO website. You'd think that a "real" news journalist/reporter would ask the obvious...

JMHO's -

I know this is not the correct thread to ask this, but I'm kinda lost 'round here, lol...such a creature of habit I am and old habits die hard..:yes:

This is a great topic nomoresorrow, just wish we had some new info.. something..anything new to discuss.

I'm gonna ask real quick and hope that it's ok..:angel:

I know some here are convinced that Ronald is still meeting with police..or at the very least that he probably is and we just don't know about it...I, myself am not one who believes anything of the sort.

(1) Do we have any reason to believe that he or Misty either one are in ANY kind of communication with LE whatsoever? And if we do, why do we believe that?.. Am I wrong in my remembering that last we heard from LE that they were not?..IIRC Ronald said something to the effect of; there was nothing else he could add, or something like that...not sure what qualifies him to make that decision but I'm trying to be good..

(2) When is the last time that we know for a fact that Ron or Misty spoke with LE regarding HaLeighs disappearance? For a FACT, an undisputed fact...

(3) Did we not hear from LE that they had asked to speak to Ronald and he has refused? What about Misty?... I may very well be wrong, but I could have sworn that happened...help!!!..

Sorry NMS, I don't know where to put these questions and don't want to open a thread when I don't know if there would be anything to discuss. Just trying to separate FACT from Fiction regarding this carp and remember what we know for sure..and unfortunately, it's just not a he!! of alot. :( I can't believe that I'm even asking these questions about a missing little girls father and whether or not he is talking to LE...some things you assume to be a given, not in this case tho.. everything about it just defies logic..at least in my mind anyway.. <sigh>..

I know this is not the correct thread to ask this, but I'm kinda lost 'round here, lol...such a creature of habit I am and old habits die hard..:yes:

This is a great topic nomoresorrow, just wish we had some new info.. something..anything new to discuss.

I'm gonna ask real quick and hope that it's ok..:angel:

I know some here are convinced that Ronald is still meeting with police..or at the very least that he probably is and we just don't know about it...I, myself am not one who believes anything of the sort.

(1) Do we have any reason to believe that he or Misty either one are in ANY kind of communication with LE whatsoever? And if we do, why do we believe that?.. Am I wrong in my remembering that last we heard from LE that they were not?..IIRC Ronald said something to the effect of; there was nothing else he could add, or something like that...not sure what qualifies him to make that decision but I'm trying to be good..

(2) When is the last time that we know for a fact that Ron or Misty spoke with LE regarding HaLeighs disappearance? For a FACT, an undisputed fact...

(3) Did we not hear from LE that they had asked to speak to Ronald and he has refused? What about Misty?... I may very well be wrong, but I could have sworn that happened...help!!!..

Sorry NMS, I don't know where to put these questions and don't want to open a thread when I don't know if there would be anything to discuss. Just trying to separate FACT from Fiction regarding this carp and remember what we know for sure..and unfortunately, it's just not a he!! of alot. :( I can't believe that I'm even asking these questions about a missing little girls father and whether or not he is talking to LE...some things you assume to be a given, not in this case tho.. everything about it just defies logic..at least in my mind anyway.. <sigh>..

I wish we knew all the answers to these questions but we (the public) know so little as to where this case investigation is at. That is what got me thinking back to the initial roundtable discussion and the peace-of-mind that it gave me at that time to know, at least, that all involved LE agencies were meeting and over-seeing one another, so to say. That gave me some measure of comfort. In addition I think initially it sent the message that LE in the state of Florida cared enough about a missing child case that they would arrange a roundtable discussion on the progress of the case at least once every six-months until the case is solved. Sadly, somewhere in all of this, the message seems to have gotten lost. JMHO -

Where the investigation stood as of June 4, 2009:
Analysis of the evidence initially collected by FDLE CST's has not been completed;
Each agency accepted responsibility for the various outstanding assignments discussed (above)

So what about now, more than 6-months later?
Why isn't the media asking questions such as;

1)Following the roundtable discussion on June 4, 2009, it was stated that there were over 4,000 leads that needed to be followed up on, how many of these leads have the investigators been able to follow-up on since that time?

2) Has the analysis of the evidence collected by FDLE's CSI been completed?

3) How many interviews have been re-conducted since June 4, 2009?

4)Since June 4th, following the results of any leads that have been looked into, completed lab analysis of any evidence, and the re-conducting of interviews, have you been able to better identify a potential suspect or, at the very least, eliminate anyone?

How interesting! I never knew about this Roundtable before?

Pondering Mind, we could open a thread called "Family meetings with LE" or something like that if you'd like your post to be expounded upon. Seems to me it kinda fits in here though. It's up to you guys. :)

~A closer look at the roundtable discussion that occurred in June/2009~

The Details*
When:
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Hosted by:
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
Attendees:
Approximately 40 individuals including members from the following agencies;
Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Putnam County Sheriff's Office (PCSO)
State (Florida) Attorney's Office
Purpose:
To discuss the current statis of the Haleigh Cummings investigation and the future investigative direction of the investigation;
What has been accomplished thus far in the investigation
What has yet to be accomplished/completed in the investigation
Additional focus - Any new directions that may be persued
Topics discussed:
Review of the initial call
Review of all searches performed to date
Review of the significant amount of evidence collected by the FDLE crime scene techniciansReview of interviews performed to date
Conclusion:
Looking ahead:
Group intends to meet again in 30 days if the case has not yet been solved

*All of the above information was disseminated from the following link:
http://www.pcso.us/2009-6-5-a

Time is the enemy...
More then six months have passed since this roundtable took place. Captain Dick Schauland stated that the group would meet again in 30 days if the case had not been solved - from what we know, that next meeting did not/has not occurred, despite the fact that the case remains unsolved.

Why no follow-up roundtable?
The only answer that I can come up with is that the status of the investigation in the case remained unchanged from the time of the previous roundtable discussion, therefore it was determined that the meeting was not needed or appropriate at that time.

Why should we care?
Because the committment to a periodic roundtable discussion ensures that those involved in investigating this case will be held accountable to perform and complete the "assignments" they "accepted responsibility" for at the first roundtable discussion that occurred on June 4, 2009.
Because if there are outstanding assignments ("assignments" is the term used in the article on the link provided referring to the investigative tasks to be performed), without the benefit of the roundtable discussion, including all agencies involved in this case, how can any outstanding assignments be identified, evaluated and a determination(s) made as to the reason(s) for an outstanding assignment(s).
If there continues to be outstanding assignments more than six months later, since the initial roundtable discussion, wouldn't it be equally beneficial to the investigation/investigators in this case to identify and assess where and why certain "assignments" are hitting brick walls? Identifying and assessing that in itself may provide the investigators with another chapter in this tragic story -perhaps the chapter that leads them to Haleigh.

Bold and Red by me.

I wonder why this "significant amount of evidence" hasn't been analyzed yet? :waitasec:

Obvious to me, they do not want to say anything. Also obvious they are honed in on who they think is responsible for the crime and anything they say will tip their hand.

..........Sure as heck no stranger abduction or they would be talking. If they had no leads, they would also be talking.

I don't know what TN was yapping about, by the looks of the meeting, the FBI were there and are involved. I guess she wants total involvement and complete use of them and not any local police involved. Well, if so, that is not going to happen.

I don't know what TN was yapping about, by the looks of the meeting, the FBI were there and are involved. I guess she wants total involvement and complete use of them and not any local police involved. Well, if so, that is not going to happen.

lol....well I guess your guessing wrong about TN, perhaps what she was "yapping" about is the fact that her grandchild is gone, still missing after 10 months and Law Enforcement appear to be stumped as to what happened to her. Regardless of what you think about any of the families in this case, Law Enforcement still has a job to do. You seem to have tidied up your theory of Ronald accidentally/purposefully murdering Haleigh without much problem. Why hasn't Law Enforcement been able to do the same, especially with the FDLE and the FBI at their disposal? Since when do investigators wait for a murderer to leave evidence for them? In order to solve this case there needs to be a bit more actual "police work" IMO. That is what they are taught isn't it? investigate the crime, arrest a killer? For pete's sake depending on which investigator is speaking we get different information. Law Enforcement wants to say Misty is inconsistent? I wonder if they were tuned in when LT Greenwood gave his update on the investigation. Lots of inconsistencies in there. You pointed them out yourself on a couple of different threads just in the last few days.

Are you going to tell me that they can't solve the crime because Ronald and Misty are lying and all their family are supporting them and helping them? What do families of criminals usually do? I want justice for Haleigh as much as you do Whisperer. Just as much. There is a reason why our country operates under the assumption that people are innocent until proven guilty, it's because they are. The way I see it, Law Enforcement is sitting under the porch waiting for a bigger dog to come in and solve the case. Please someone do something because I want the guilty punished and I want Teresa Neves and Marie Griffis right with Ronald and Crystal to have closure and begin that long walk to peace. A walk they will never come home from in their lifetime, a walk that long after his mother and father have finished, Junior will still be walking.

In that roundtable discussion they accomplished one goal, pacification for 30 or 60 days. Round about when the next meeting time had come and gone, we started hearing that family members were giving LE 10 days, 10 days before they started raising a fuss. I believe that was Teresa Neves and I believe that was the last time she was going to let them try to make her believe that in just a few more days there would be some fireworks. If you would like me to go find the article this was in I will.

Nope, I don't want any article, thanks for asking though.

Why don't I care about reading another article? I have explained my observations of reporters and journalists before. I have spoken with reporters and journalists. Each of us could support our case based on what is written but their articles are not accurate for the most part. Reporters do not verify what they write most often. LE will not give them the time of day, for the most part and will not confirm anything for them. They get most of their news from the AP and grab bits and pieces from others and create a whirlwind or hogpodge for an article.

Unless there is a source named and it is verified, the articles are taken with a grain of salt. Same goes for the media reporting. Many of our facts in this case have come from TN and she wasn't there. She gets her information from.....? I say misty and ron, who according to what they have said have contradicted themselves and have zero credibility.

lol....well I guess your guessing wrong about TN, perhaps what she was "yapping" about is the fact that her grandchild is gone, still missing after 10 months and Law Enforcement appear to be stumped as to what happened to her. Regardless of what you think about any of the families in this case, Law Enforcement still has a job to do. You seem to have tidied up your theory of Ronald accidentally/purposefully murdering Haleigh without much problem. Why hasn't Law Enforcement been able to do the same, especially with the FDLE and the FBI at their disposal? Since when do investigators wait for a murderer to leave evidence for them? In order to solve this case there needs to be a bit more actual "police work" IMO. That is what they are taught isn't it? investigate the crime, arrest a killer? For pete's sake depending on which investigator is speaking we get different information. Law Enforcement wants to say Misty is inconsistent? I wonder if they were tuned in when LT Greenwood gave his update on the investigation. Lots of inconsistencies in there. You pointed them out yourself on a couple of different threads just in the last few days.

Are you going to tell me that they can't solve the crime because Ronald and Misty are lying and all their family are supporting them and helping them? What do families of criminals usually do? I want justice for Haleigh as much as you do Whisperer. Just as much. There is a reason why our country operates under the assumption that people are innocent until proven guilty, it's because they are. The way I see it, Law Enforcement is sitting under the porch waiting for a bigger dog to come in and solve the case. Please someone do something because I want the guilty punished and I want Teresa Neves and Marie Griffis right with Ronald and Crystal to have closure and begin that long walk to peace. A walk they will never come home from in their lifetime, a walk that long after his mother and father have finished, Junior will still be walking.

In that roundtable discussion they accomplished one goal, pacification for 30 or 60 days. Round about when the next meeting time had come and gone, we started hearing that family members were giving LE 10 days, 10 days before they started raising a fuss. I believe that was Teresa Neves and I believe that was the last time she was going to let them try to make her believe that in just a few more days there would be some fireworks. If you would like me to go find the article this was in I will.

That's right Elle, that was the last update from TJ Hart when he spoke to Lt. Johnny Greenwood, and that no second roundtable was planned.

I guess the same thing Marie was yapping about. :rolleyes: Just because they were there doesn't mean they are leading the investigation which is what BOTH grandmothers want.

Both Grandmothers want their grand daughter home both will work together but as for what you know who reported I don't believe it. FCN took down there article because of where it came from. JMO

JMO

Hi everyone, I just got through the door from my last day of classes (final exams) and now I am officially on winter break (from school) until January 11th. (yippie!) I mentioned last night here, after Baznme's suggestion, that I would call and ask PCSO directly about the second roundtable - or lack there of. Needless to say today was extremely busy for me with work/school and I opted not to pose the question to the PCSO until tomorrow when I could be certain that I wasn't interrupted, limited by time or unable to take a return call should I have to leave a message... Of course there's always the possibility that I won't get anywhere with this BUT I'd at least like to give it a try.

Bold and Red by me.

I wonder why this "significant amount of evidence" hasn't been analyzed yet? :waitasec:

Keep in mind watchinginky, that was as of June 4, 2009, more than six-months ago now - it's very likely (at least I hope so) that they've completed the analysis of the evidence that was collected.
:waitasec: At the very least, I would think that they've put a dent in a significant amount of it anyway...

JMHO -

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back