Remains found in Big Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
How far away is Austin from Big Springs?
I can't remember, must go back and read some details, but
where did BD mom live?........they went there that night.
Is Big Springs near??

About 300 miles
[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&client=safari&rls=en&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&gl=us&saddr=Big+Spring&daddr=Austin&dirflg=d&geocode=KUPLjWh9IvmGMYvSV4mzz138;KS8DzKCZtUSGMXrVadRLRptd&ei=PSppT4GPI6n0sQL19pyHCQ&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCAQ9w8wAA"]Big Spring, TX to Austin, TX - Google Maps[/ame]

ETA: BD mom lives/lived in Snyder, Tx which is really close to CC, Tx.

Does anyone know if BD and SA are still together? I have been out of touch with this case for a year or so....

I did not expect the tanks to be this big. :(

Everett said the remains had been there for a long time.

An evidence recovery team from the FBI in Dallas will be in Big Spring Wednesday morning to process the area.

17205156_BG1.jpg

http://www.kcbd.com/story/17205156/fbi-to-investigate-human-remains-found-near-big-spring-airport

If I remember correctly, SA & BD do not live IN Austin, but live in one of the little towns around Austin. I think it started with a D. Just like Dunn. I am going to search.

Well, dang it all....it's about time this lovely young girl is found. I hope the remains are ID'd quickly to end the suspense. Then LE can go about arresting the parties who had prior knowledge of this crime. Bye bye Billie and Shawn.

IMO

It's kind of odd that MSM haven't seemed to put out there the possibility that this could be Hailey. Are BD and SA still together?
Well there is speculation and Mitcehll coutny LE wnet over there-
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=480122

snipped-
BigCountryHomePage.com Staff have confirmed that Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs has been called to the scene, as well as the DPS trooper who is investigating the disappearance of Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn.

As I understand it, yes BD and SA are still together

ScreenHunter_01Mar202023.jpg

On Hollye's map, the red triangle is the location of the remains, the blue circle is Shawn's mother's house, the phone is the location of Shawn's 11 pings on 12/27/10. Verizon Cell Phone Tower 730, 32.22156-101.45867, Big Spring TX

An incredibly straight horizontal line ... I can't imagine it wouldn't be Hailey. We shall know soon enough.

I have to admit, I was skeptical at first, thinking SA surely put poor Hailey deep down where he drilled at work. Now that I see truthsleuth's map, I'm gettin' the heebie-jeebies! Could it be?

Does anyone know if BD and SA are still together? I have been out of touch with this case for a year or so....

last interview with Tricia on WS radio blog they were and Billie stood by her man....................:banghead:

If I remember correctly, SA & BD do not live IN Austin, but live in one of the little towns around Austin. I think it started with a D. Just like Dunn. I am going to search.

Dunn is a town by Colorado City, tx.

I have to admit, I was skeptical at first, thinking SA surely put poor Hailey deep down where he drilled at work. Now that I see truthsleuth's map, I'm gettin' the heebie-jeebies! Could it be?

He didn't drill though. He just delivered equipment. IIRC.

BIG SPRING POLICE DEPARTMENT
MEDIA RELEASE
03-20-2012

On this date at appox. 2:30 p.m., dispatch received a call that human remains had been found in a pasture near the 2500 BLK of Apron Drive. The remains were found by workers in the area.

Investigators found that the remains are human but due to the condition of the remains nothing else can be determined at this time. The scene was secured at this time and an evidence recovery team from FBI Dallas will be in Big Spring in the morning to process the scene. The gender and identification of the remains are unknown and appear to have been there for a long period of time.

No further.

Detective Sgt. Tony Everett PIO

***UPDATE 6:27pm***
Big Spring Police tell CBS 7 that the remains are human but due to the condition of the remains nothing else can be determined at this time.

The gender and identification of the remains are unknown but appear to have been there for a long time

An evidence recovery team from the FBI in Dallas is on its way to Big Spring to process the scene.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=33411

Big Spring is less than an hour west of Colorado City. Hailey Dunn, 13, was reported missing in late December 2010

kcbd.com

He didn't drill though. He just delivered equipment. IIRC.

I wonder if he ever delivered equipment to this area. This is such an odd area for trying to hide a body in, imo. Those tanks look like they would draw attention to the area at some point.

I think it's Buda

Wow, wow, wow. I've been waiting for a break in one of the cases I've been following, forever it seems, and maybe this is it.

While I don't wish for her to be deceased, I've already accepted that she most likely is. That being said, I hope it's her (not that I hope she's dead but you hopefully know what I mean). I want closure for those who loved her.

Does anyone who followed the SAR thread know how close to this area was actually searched, I wonder...

Also, what on earth does LE mean when they say "a long time" i.e. the remains have been there a long time...could it mean 15 months, or are we talking 15 years??

Well there is speculation and Mitcehll coutny LE wnet over there-
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=480122

snipped-
BigCountryHomePage.com Staff have confirmed that Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs has been called to the scene, as well as the DPS trooper who is investigating the disappearance of Colorado City teenager Hailey Dunn.

As I understand it, yes BD and SA are still together

I'll admit I'm glad to see someone putting two and two together...it's been a long time coming and I feel very strongly that the remains will be identified as Hailey's, apparently someone else is feeling it too.

That sick feeling never goes away when there is a recovery of one we have come to love here at WS, but there is always comfort in knowing the family will now have closure and the victim justice. :grouphug:

I really hope Shawn Adkins is shakin' in his boots right now, Billie too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie