UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM-
MOO but I think that is the case.
Caution! some may prefer not to read this!
If you re read SS probable cause statement, about Ethan's "symptoms" it reads more like she is reporting the symptoms umm well... I'm not gonna get graphic but if you placed it on a decomp timeline it fits almost perfectly :(
from May 5 to May 8

ITA. It is disturbing to say the least.

moo

I do not want to post a picture of that right now, but I was looking back through and saw the pic of NS 'crying'....For those who want, look at this site. IMO, he looks like he's smiling, but trying to cover it up by crying. There is nothing happening in his forehead area-it is completely smooth. Maybe I've watched Lie to me too much, but that is a sign of lying. moo

http://www.examiner.com/x-40986-Sal...urt-appearance-Friday-no-formal-charges-filed

That is crying because the entire world knows what kind of person he is. A weak man who beat, tortured and murdered a 4 yr old. He's crying because he can no longer hide who he really is..... Believe me if these two never got caught and were able to pull the rug over LE's eyes with the story they concocted regarding Ethans disappearance they would never have shed a tear for him. heck, they would have never even so much as had an incling of a thought of sadness over what they did to him.

Yep the tears from NS are for himself only.

JMO

BBM
I was just goimg to comment on that!
Probably not for her with diabetes and all...:furious:

Diabetes. My ---

She was in the army, right? Diabetics are not accepted as recruits. High stress levels will send their sugars out of whack, you can't risk having a soldier either fall out from low sugar or going into a coma or ketoacidosis if high, the high risk for infections in general and foot problems specifically, conditions where food and immediate medical attention may not be readily available.... I could go on, but you get the drift. And this would apply to women as well as men. My daughter was in the Army; she received the exact same training as the men (amazingly intense both physically and mentally), and although they *claim* women aren't on the front lines, they are. Her job put her right up there in the thick of it, not to mention nurses and such are at or close to the front. IMO, this is just more proof SS is a liar and manipulator.

BBM
I was just goimg to comment on that!
Probably not for her with diabetes and all...:furious:

Not really relevent but I don't think she has diabetes. I think she probably had some kind of drug reaction instead of a "blood sugar" problem. She probably wouldn't want to admit that NS saved her life from a drug overdose. MOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO crud! And she will say that is why she did not seek medical attention because they had no medical insurance on Ethan and they were told by social services that they would not qualify because she did not have custody!!!!!!!!!

I don't think that would fly. Joe probably had insurance from him.

Diabetes. My. ---.

She was in the army, right? Diabetics are not accepted as recruits. High stress levels will send their sugars out of whack, you can't risk having a soldier either fall out from low sugar or going into a coma or ketoacidosis if high, the high risk for infections in general and foot problems specifically, conditions where food and immediate medical attention may not be readily available.... I could go on, but you get the drift. Just more proof she's a liar and manipulator.

Agreed! but what happens if one develops it after enlisting? Are they honorably d/c? or if it is pregnancy induced?
BUT back to your point everything she said was probably a lie, diabetes,twins etc etc...

Wow! That article is so interesting! Steph and Joe met in the army, wonder if she has an honorable discharge.

Moving up the wedding to apply for food stamps/Medicaid etc. Seems they had no money and needed Ethan to get more? So why would they hurt this child to death? This case is exhausting. I'm going to add to the time-line that she called her brother on the 5th. thanks SuziQ

I think she was lying to her brother. IMO, probably trying to get money out of him. I also think that she told him this figuring their plan to hide and disfigure Ethan's body would be successful.

Diabetes. My. ---.

She was in the army, right? Diabetics are not accepted as recruits. High stress levels will send their sugars out of whack, you can't risk having a soldier either fall out from low sugar or going into a coma or ketoacidosis if high, the high risk for infections in general and foot problems specifically, conditions where food and immediate medical attention may not be readily available.... I could go on, but you get the drift. And this would apply to women as well as men. My daughter was in the Army; she received the exact same training as the men (amazingly intense both physically and mentally), and although they *claim* women aren't on the front lines, they are. Her job put her right up there in the thick of it, not to mention nurses and such are at or close to the front. IMO, this is just more proof SS is a liar and manipulator.

Unless her diabeties was dx'd after she was out of the army, or the reason she was discharged from the army.

jmo

Unless her diabeties was dx'd after she was out of the army, or the reason she was discharged from the army.

jmo

very true!
my point was IF she has diabetes and that is a big IF while in jail/prison whatever ya call it they would have to provide her with balanced meals in a timely fashion and based on that diagnosis alone she might have better meal options than someone without diabetes?
wouldn't they?

Agreed! but what happens if one develops it after enlisting? Are they honorably d/c? or if it is pregnancy induced?
BUT back to your point everything she said was probably a lie, diabetes,twins etc etc...

I have a friend who became pregnant after serving for a while; they sent her stateside and on a desk job until after the baby was born. She didn't have gestational diabetes, but since that often goes away after birth, it could be they monitor the mother until they're sure she'll not develop full-blown diabetes. All parents are required to give the military proof they have made arrangements for their children to be cared for should they be deployed (as to Iraq, for example).

As far as a discharge? I know from what my daughter's told me they do give honorable medical discharges, in fact she got one after wrecking both knees and legs in PT (tore the hell out of her knees and had stress fractures in both legs). The docs told her she could not stand or walk for more than a certain number of hours a day and that disqualified her even though her job didn't entail being on her feet all that much. There were also people she knew discharged for depression and other psych issues. I would guess that diabetics get the same consideration. Now a 50 year old desk jockey who's not likely to be out on the field might be allowed to stay in, but I don't know.

I wonder... did NS go with SS to Florida? I have a sneaky feeling that SS made the decision on her own and came back from Florida with Ethan and surprised NS with the news that Ethan would be living with her/them in Utah... MOO

I read in an article today that Joe meet NS at the airport in FL when he dropped off Ethan.

Let me go see if I can find the link.

very true!
my point was IF she has diabetes and that is a big IF while in jail/prison whatever ya call it they would have to provide her with balanced meals in a timely fashion and based on that diagnosis alone she might have better meal options than someone without diabetes?
wouldn't they?

Oh I don't know if it would be better. A carb is a carb. All they'd have to do is make sure her carb intake was consistent. Couple of slices of bread, some cheese, a hunk of brocolli and there ya go.

Another thing to consider. Ethan was born on base. Her brother says she was out by '07 at least (that isn't really clear). I guess it's possible she developed some gestational diabetes and was let go if it didn't resolve after birth. The timeline of his birth and when the brother says she (may) have been discharged fits. But all that said, I'll believe she is a diabetic when I hear the State, LE or the prosecutor say so.

I read in an article today that Joe meet NS at the airport in FL when he dropped off Ethan.

I believe it was when he went to Utah to pick up a vehicle she'd taken there.

I wonder... did NS go with SS to Florida? I have a sneaky feeling that SS made the decision on her own and came back from Florida with Ethan and surprised NS with the news that Ethan would be living with her/them in Utah... MOO

I found it, from the article:

Stacy also told ABC4’s Maxwell that he briefly met Nathan Sloop, Ethan’s new step-father and current suspect in Ethan’s death, at the airport when Stacy dropped Ethan off, and said that Nathan seemed like, “a nice guy.”

He pointed out that Nathan Sloop has a five year-old daughter of his own and that he never thought Sloop capable of anything like this.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...eaks-about-Ethans/rYjvxDh4x0qY4JB-7gBVlw.cspx

Where were these two going to get money for a wedding if they were going to apply for foodstamps, TANF, medicaid?

I hate to say this, but these two remind me of poor folks who try to dress like they have cash, but it is so obvious they didn't.

Then to have the audacity to add all those high end items on the bridal registry? I never in my life heard of having a bridal shower for a second marriage for both the bride and groom. Tacky.... very very tacky.

I realize the above is not really related to the case, other than to add to how pathetic these two were. Total trash, total scum.

Asking for high-end items to sell for $$$. IMO of course.

BBM ahh ha! sooo they never spent a day apart... figures he wouldn't allow her to go alone.
ETA: or not if Joe met him in Utah! point is they met I guess.
Oh I don't know if it would be better. A carb is a carb. All they'd have to do is make sure her carb intake was consistent. Couple of slices of bread, some cheese, a hunk of brocolli and there ya go.

Another thing to consider. Ethan was born on base. Her brother says she was out by '07 at least (that isn't really clear). I guess it's possible she developed some gestational diabetes and was let go if it didn't resolve after birth. The timeline of his birth and when the brother says she (may) have been discharged fits. But all that said, I'll believe she is a diabetic when I hear the State, LE or the prosecutor say so.
BBM which is unlikely with hippa and all but I would imagine her friends would be speaking up if she claimed to have diabetes on her facebook/wedding page and didn't... maybe we will hear something....

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_15121178?source=pkg

more interesting snips from the above link:

Thank god ns never saw his daughter. His absense in her life most likely saved her life..... Sadly ns was allowed near ethan or his life would have been spared too.

I had the feeling ss didn't have a father in her life. Just had that impression based on her behavior and her incredibly unhealthy views of a romantic relationship.

Since we now know ss didn't have her biological father in her life, we know it was her mother and step father she requested joe agree to no contact with ethan in their divorce agreement. I wonder why? If i have an educated guess it is because her mother and step father called her out on her bizzare behavior and she was having none of it so she cut them out of her and her sons life.

I am glad that joe and ss's mom were able to reach out to each other in this tragic loss. that tells me what kind of man joe is - one to put his childs needs and welfare first - a complete 180 of the monsters ss and ns.

Jmo
amen.

Ethan's uncle: 'Why did it have to come to this?'

Crime » Mother who is in jail on suspicion of murder finds half-brother on MySpace in 2007, starts sharing life.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_15121178?source=pkg

Interesting snips:
Sloop apparently met her former husband Stacy while the two were in the U.S. Army, Croft said. She was no longer enlisted in 2007.

Croft said he wasn't clear how the couple supported themselves, though at one point Sloop told him she'd lost her job when a Blockbuster store closed.
The last time Sloop contacted her brother was on May 5. She texted him that she and Nathan Sloop were going to a courthouse the next day to get married so that they could apply for food stamps, Medicaid and other public assistance, he said. Their "real" wedding in Colorado was still on, she told him.

And towards the end;

Croft says he hasn't decided whether he will ever speak again to his sister. "I don't know how I could justify that with my own children," he said.

Kind of sorry for this guy, bet he wishes he never contacted her in the first place.

Asking for high-end items to sell for $$$. IMO of course.

Which reminds me. Did you catch all the casserole dishes and such they had listed? The first thing I thought was WTH, are they going to sell the extras?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken