2010.11.18 AB/EB Court Dates - Other Charges [MERGED]

Adam Baker: 'I want to make sure she gets what she deserves'
He wants to see justic done, take Zahra back to Australia for burial

Zahra Baker’s father, Adam, made an appearance in Newton’s Superior Court on Monday. He was there to answer to charges unrelated to his 10-year-old daughter’s murder and dismemberment.

As he left the courtroom, Baker spoke briefly to the media about his hopes and plans.

more at http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2011/jul/11/3/zahras-dad-speaks-out-ar-1198451/

^

Too bad he didn't want to make sure that Zahra got everything that she deserved in her life. She deserved so much.

They won't charge him unless they have everything together. So I am guessing that by the time this court date rolls around they will have the results of the remains they found. This case is just breaking my heart.

That's probably so about charging him -- just to make sure he sticks around and throw whatever booking they can at him when the relevant facts are at hand.

He's good for at least MURDER SECOND DEGREE (ACCES A/F) -- that's what Drew Shaw pleaded in the murder of Matthew Silliman in Raleigh, NC -- he wasn't present at the time of the murder, and his role in the whole thing was very, very limited -- he did know it was to take place, so he could have reported it before it was scheduled to be carried out, but of course, he didn't. Shaw took an Alford plea and is serving 3y/9m to 5y/3m. I doubt they would let AB take an Alford plea, but the 2nd-access a/f sounds like at least something, and his sentence could be higher if it is judged as "aggravated" (duh).

This is from the North Carolina General Statutes under

Chapter 14 - Criminal Law.
Article 1 - Felonies and Misdemeanors

Article 39 - Protection of Minors§ 14‑318.4. Child abuse a felony.
."(a4) A parent or any other person providing care to or supervision of a child less than 16 years of age whose willful act or grossly negligent omission in the care of the child shows a reckless disregard for human life is guilty of a Class E felony if the act or omission results in serious bodily injury to the child. (a5) A parent or any other person providing care to or supervision of a child less than 16 years of age whose willful act or grossly negligent omission in the care of the child shows a reckless disregard for human life is guilty of a Class H felony if the act or omission results in serious physical injury to the child."

And the above law has nothing to do with homicide -- it is just under "abuse," etc. And if Zahra did die from gangrene leading to sepsis(as I think she may very well have), don't tell me that he didn't smell a foul and putrid odor in the house (please excuse this horrible fact), because it is a part of it, and is essentially the decomposition of an area of the body that is already dying. His little girl. Did he ever really love her?? Arrrrrggghhh. :banghead: So many, many people let her down. Such a waste and outrage.

ETA: see: www.ncga.state.nc.us/gascripts/statutes/statutestoc.pl

:rant:

OK, so tomorrow (well day after since in the US) is the date scheduled in court for the charges:
– OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE FELONY
– SECOND DEGREE MURDER; AGGRAVATING FACTORS

WOW. I can't even begin to imagine the next few days.

BBM - In NC, 2nd Degree, Aggr. Factors, Level I, is 157--196 months -- IF the person has not committed other certain crimes prior to this sentencing (not stuff like bad checks, etc.). Points are given for prior felonies, and there are levels for sentencing based on these points; the higher the point level, the more time that can be given. Level II - Aggr, for example, is 180 to 225 mos; Level III, Aggr, is 207 to 258 mos, and so on. So let's hope the other felonies are sentenced before the 2nd degree trial and (I hope) conviction.

A sentence of 13--16 years is not enuff, but it is something -- and she will not be a favorite in prison...heh, heh.... NC prisons are okay for the most part, but they are not "country clubs" and her custody s/be "close" which is limiting also, and she looks very likely, to me -- if she does go to prison -- to incur infractions which can also cramp your freedom... I think she would be a total banshee while serving a lengthy sentence. But I am getting ahead of things, I know...

snipped:

Adam said the recent indictments of Elisa on drug charges was another case of that. Baker said he knew nothing about the alleged drug deals that federal authorities have charges Elisa with.

He said he knew she was taking prescription pain killers, but never saw anything that indicated she was selling them.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/15063032/adam-baker-wants-elisa-to-get-what-she-deserves

My questions are: why did Adam Baker try to rundown a car with an occupant (BB) who owed drug money? Is he the type of person who automatically threatens people without knowing the reason behind it?

Where did they get money for living expenses before Adam got the tree service job? I would think a man of the house would know where the money is coming from if he wasn't working.

What medical reason was behind Elisa taking pain pills? Have we ever heard Adam say she was in pain for whatever reason/disease?

By the way, when will he be in court for the BB threatening charge?

IMO his statement above is nothing but pure defensive Bull and full of holes & lies!

Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6292274#post6292274"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]

She doesn't need medical attention. She needs acting lessons.

or a good slapping

She also needs :behindbar for the rest of her life, IMO!!!

snipped:

Adam said the recent indictments of Elisa on drug charges was another case of that. Baker said he knew nothing about the alleged drug deals that federal authorities have charges Elisa with.

He said he knew she was taking prescription pain killers, but never saw anything that indicated she was selling them.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/15063032/adam-baker-wants-elisa-to-get-what-she-deserves

My questions are: why did Adam Baker try to rundown a car with an occupant (BB) who owed drug money? Is he the type of person who automatically threatens people without knowing the reason behind it?

Where did they get money for living expenses before Adam got the tree service job? I would think a man of the house would know where the money is coming from if he wasn't working.

What medical reason was behind Elisa taking pain pills? Have we ever heard Adam say she was in pain for whatever reason/disease?

IMO his statement above is nothing but pure defensive Bull and full of holes & lies!

Hi Hickory! :seeya:

I call BS too. He's still spewing "non truths". On the other hand, SOME people got very, very quiet, eh? Those drug deals were a group ('family') effort conducted online & off. More hammers will fall.

:cow:

why do they keep changing dates? Zarah didnt get 2 more weeks!!!

Her lowness, EB, needs an appointment secretary with a pencil -- not a pen -- to keep up with her trial dates -- not only do they change, seemingly weekly, but there are so many of them in more than one county. She has quite a string of big ones and little ones.

On another note, I surely hope that Judge Kincaid is a tough but fair judge and that he won't let EB get away with anything. The rubber is close to hitting the road, at least in some of her charges, I think.
icon8.gif

And I know that AB is pretty low, too, but she sure did a number on him. He has nothing left, it appears but one new shirt. And poor sweet angel Zahra had nothing but he!! on earth from the day she stepped on American soil -- and possibly before that. I do wonder how things went between EB and Zahra while they were living together in Australia -- did AB see any hint of things to come? We'll never know, I'm sure.

snipped:

He said he knew she was taking prescription pain killers, but never saw anything that indicated she was selling them.http://www.wbtv.com/story/15063032/adam-baker-wants-elisa-to-get-what-she-deserves

I am so sick of the Adam sees nothing knows nothing hears nothing crap, it's so old! Seriously, who does he think is going to beleive that lame preposturous excuse he gives for any and everything!

EB's attorney says the jury pool is tainted and filed for a change in venue. Where does he think he will find one who doesn't KNOW she murdered Zahra.

I am so sick of the Adam sees nothing knows nothing hears nothing crap, it's so old! Seriously, who does he think is going to beleive that lame preposturous excuse he gives for any and everything!

One thing to remember is, he didn't slave away working from sunrise til after dark (sarcasm here) during the entire time Elisa was selling drugs. He only had this so-called demanding job with the tree service for about 6 mths. Therefore that excuse isn't going to work.

Good. Now where are AB's charges?

Are they simply waiting for EB, in all her honesty to tell them what AB did -- she was an eyewitness, seems to me. Or will they offer him some kind of deal if he squeals on EB??

EB's attorney says the jury pool is tainted and filed for a change in venue. Where does he think he will find one who doesn't KNOW she murdered Zahra.

Perhaps he believes he'll find a jury in the same venue as JY's hung jury mistrial. :waitasec: Again, good luck!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back