UFO sitings

Pharlap

Former Member
Reaction score
n report seeing UFO

<!-- BEGIN STORY BODY --> By ANGELA K. BROWN, Associated Press Writer Mon Jan 14, 6:37 PM ET

<!-- end storyhdr --> STEPHENVILLE, Texas - In this farming community where nightfall usually brings clear, starry skies, residents are abuzz over reported sightings of what many believe is a UFO.
<table class="ad_slug_table" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td align="center">[SIZE=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/SIZE] </td></tr></tbody></table><script language="javascript"> if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object(); window.yzq_d['h8_uxULEYrM-']='&U=13bslkbtp&#37;2fN%3dh8_uxULEYrM-%2fC%3d619213.12054930.12500284.1442997%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d4919452'; </script><noscript>
b
</noscript>
Several dozen people &#8212; including a pilot, county constable and business owners &#8212; insist they have seen a large silent object with bright lights flying low and fast. Some reported seeing fighter jets chasing it.
"People wonder what in the world it is because this is the Bible Belt, and everyone is afraid it's the end of times," said Steve Allen, a freight company owner and pilot who said the object he saw last week was a mile long and half a mile wide. "It was positively, absolutely nothing from these parts."
While federal officials insist there's a logical explanation, locals swear that it was larger, quieter, faster and lower to the ground than an airplane. They also said the object's lights changed configuration, unlike those of a plane. People in several towns who reported seeing it over several weeks have offered similar descriptions of the object.
Machinist Ricky Sorrells said friends made fun of him when he told them he saw a flat, metallic object hovering about 300 feet over a pasture behind his Dublin home. But he decided to come forward after reading similar accounts in the Stephenville Empire-Tribune.
"You hear about big bass or big buck in the area, but this is a different deal," Sorrells said. "It feels good to hear that other people saw something, because that means I'm not crazy."
Sorrells said he has seen the object several times. He said he watched it through his rifle's telescopic lens and described it as very large and without seams, nuts or bolts.

Absolutely I believe these people. I'll have to check on Coast2Coast. The Bible Belt is worrying it's the end of times. I'd be afraid to get beamed up I can tell ya that.

I guess I can take the boards "biggest skeptic" award LoL... I don't think it was anything other than something of this world's own making. I do believe these people saw "something", and technically, in the purest of terms, it was unidentifiable to them... so yeah, they so a "UFO", but not of an alien kind. How much you want to bet it was a concept aircraft, being tested. It is in the right part of the US to see such things... that corner of the US, out to the desert edges of California, is breeding ground for aircraft testing.

I guess I can take the boards "biggest skeptic" award LoL... I don't think it was anything other than something of this world's own making. I do believe these people saw "something", and technically, in the purest of terms, it was unidentifiable to them... so yeah, they so a "UFO", but not of an alien kind. How much you want to bet it was a concept aircraft, being tested. It is in the right part of the US to see such things... that corner of the US, out to the desert edges of California, is breeding ground for aircraft testing.

Could be, maybe not...was front page of yahoo.
Wonder what it is....and a picture of it would be great..
And oooops. Forgot the link. sry wc:blowkiss:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080114/ap_on_fe_st/odd_ufo_sightings_4

I can totally believe this!
Why are some of us so arrogant on this Earth as to think that in all of that vast space out there that we are the only beings? I think the odds are that there is more out there than we could ever know.
So cool! Wish I'd seen one!

I think I know why they are visiting....I bet there coming to get that guy who just wrote that unauthorized biography about Tom Cruise. He screwed with their Earth leader and now they're p!ssed! :eek: :crazy: :D

Or they're coming to get TC and his followers.
The rest of us will just have to wait on our own gods, lol.

I can totally believe this!
Why are some of us so arrogant on this Earth as to think that in all of that vast space out there that we are the only beings? I think the odds are that there is more out there than we could ever know.
So cool! Wish I'd seen one!

I think I know why they are visiting....:laugh:I bet there coming to get that guy who just wrote that unauthorized biography about :laugh:Tom Cruise. He screwed with their Earth leader and now they're p!ssed! :eek: :crazy: :D

Or they're:laugh: coming to get TC and his followers.
The rest of us will just have to wait on our own gods, lol.

Too funny, there pissed......:crazy:

I read about this yesterday. I sure hope they don't head towards the Gulf Coast but if they do I will be sure and get ya'll a few pictures ;)

So, why is it that these UFO's can come to our world and we can't seem to get to their's :waitasec: Ok, so we can fly to the moon .. whoopie! hehe

So, why is it that these UFO's can come to our world and we can't seem to get to their's :waitasec: Ok, so we can fly to the moon .. whoopie! hehe

Technology advanced to us I would guess.

Hey hey...move over and share that award with me!

I believe in aliens and I believe that they are all around us...the voices in my head tell me so.

Im never going to sleep again Pharlap.....if the bunyips dont get me then the aliens are sure too:p

Y'all crack me up!!!

I watched an interesting, though dated, documentary last night about life form out side of our own planet. I agree that it would be mighty arrogant of us to think that we are the only life form in existence... (if I didn't, I wouldn't be a member of the Planetary Society, an astronomy group co-created by Carl Sagan as a vehicle for SETI) but I'm still in the thought pattern that spaceships and green men/grays are not visiting our planet. Plus, if anyone is familiar with radio astronomy, if we were being visited, surely of the many radio scopes that are surveilling the sky, one would have detected incoming aliens by now, what with all of the "ufo" "alien" sightings in existence. (And not all radio scopes are being funded by the gov't... so gov't conspiracies to hide incoming aliens detected via a radio scope can be shot down. As a matter of fact, you can build your own radio telescope... it's easy.)

Now... I must go and find out what a bunyip is. LoL

Just on cnn, someone sent they cell phone video of the ufo....
Maybe they'll post it on there site.....:waitasec:

Just checked, not up yet.

He said he watched it through his rifle's telescopic lens and described it as very large and without seams, nuts or bolts.

[/quote]

The airplanes my husband works on do not have nut and bolts to hold the skin on either they use ribits (i thinkn i spelled that wrong)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back