Inconstistencies....or shall I rather call it "busted"?

madeleine

Reaction score
JR: Well I’m, it’s a lot of screaming going on around that, but we saw the note and read the first part. Ah, I think I might have run upstairs to look in JonBenet’s room. At one point I laid it on the floor and spread it out so I could read it real fast without having to sit and read it. At some point we checked Burke, I think I checked Burke. Patsy asked what should we do, and I said call the police, and she called 911.

PR: And I uh, screamed for John. He was up in our bedroom still and he came running down and uh, I told him that there was a note that said she had been kidnapped. And uh, uh, I think he, he said, I said, ‘What should I do. What should I do,’ or something and he said, ‘Call the police,’ and I think somewhere, I remember I said something about, you know, check Burke or something and I think he ran back and checked burke and I ran back down the stairs and then he came downstairs. He was just in his underwear and he uh, took the note and I remember him being down hunched on the floor read, with all three pages out like that reading it and uh, and he said, ‘Call 911’ or ‘Call the police,’ or something and then I did. I called them and uh, and then I called the Whites and the Fernies and told them that she had been kidnapped or said come over quickly or something and they came over and the policeman came and uh, then the Whites and the Fernies were there and uh . . .Oh, I think the policeman was asking, you know, he kind of like, I think he kind of got us (inaudible) in the sun room or something.

--------------------------

7 Was there any discussion about not calling the
8 police?
9 JOHN RAMSEY: Yes, for a moment. I mean,
10 Patsy said, it says not to call the police.
I
11 said, call them anyway. We called them. I mean,
12 there's no question in my mind that that was the
13 right answer.
14 MIKE KANE: Did you have any concern
15 about doing that? Even when you had made that
16 decision, did you have any concerns?
17 JOHN RAMSEY: No. No. Because we couldn't
18 just sit there. We would have gone mad.

23 PATSY RAMSEY: Well, I read -- I
24 came back down and John had it, you know, on the
25 floor, and what not, and I was glancing at it,
1 and somewhere I thought in there, because I
2 didn't read it line by line, I looked over to
3 see who it was from, and I didn't know who that
4 was. And somewhere I caught in there where it
5 said if you call some -- don't call the police
6 or -- wherever it said that.
7 Oh, here, police, FBI, et cetera,
8 your daughter being held. And I read that and I
9 mean, my blood just went cold. You know, I
10 couldn't --
11 TOM HANEY: That was some time
12 later?
13 PATSY RAMSEY: Well, it was kind of
14 all during, I mean after John came down and he
15 had the note and I was "God, what are we going
16 to do, what are we going to do?"
17 And he said, "call the police, call
18 911" and I was looking around reading but it
19 said don't do that
. You know, what if they
20 heard, it said we got to call, call them, I mean
21 all this was like in minutes.

--------------

4 Q. With respect to the day in question,
5 whose decision was it to call the police when you
6 found the ransom note? Do you remember?
7 A. John and I, we just said, "What do
8 we do? Call the police." I don't know if it
9 was specifically one's decision or the other.
10 Q. Whose idea was it to call all the
11 people that eventually arrived, your friends, your
12 whatever, that came afterwards?
13 A. Oh, I did that.
14 Q. Can you tell me why you did that?
15 A. It just seemed instinctive. It was
16 just kind of a very stressful time, and I just
17 called on friends.
18 Q. Had you read the ransom note by
19 that time?
20 A. I don't think I had read all of
21 it, no.
22 Q. Were you aware that there was a part
23 in the ransom note where you were told not to
24 contact authorities?
25 A. I think I read that later.

23 A. Well, I got up, was showering, getting
24 prepared for a trip that we would be leaving on
25 early that morning. I heard Patsy scream. I
1 ran downstairs. She told me that JonBenet was
2 missing, that there was a ransom note.
3 She asked me, What should we do?
4 I said, Call the police.

Good catch. Seems like as the years went on the story got a little sloppier.

Although i'm not surprised - with that ( The story changing ) cause we do tend to forget things having said that....

1 - We spread out and read the whole thing

2 - We glanced at it

3 - I read it later...

Hmmmm... smells stinkish...

Spread out on the floor and bent down reading it in his underwear. I have never bought this, not from day one. Nobody would have done that. Innocent people would have held that note (likely by the edges so not to ruin fingerprints), not squatted down on the floor. AND Fernie saying he read the note through the door, another flat out lie.

I can tell you one single thing.
If this were about my childs life and my childs life would depend on my actions and decisions.And my partner would say call the cops and I would think hey,but the note says she dies if I do,I am scared..........trust me,it would take me 10 seconds to change his point of view .AND no way would I listen to his orders and call if MY instinct would tell me NOT to.
Hey honey,let's just sit down for one minute and see if this is the right choice,no?These monsters could be upstairs or in the basement monitoring our moves.
If one says call the cops but the other (the MOTHER,who always feels different) has second thoughts....I guess you would expect at least a one minute argument/debate/discussion re "what do we do".

But everything above (their answers) is a mess,it's a story that has no logic in it,this is not how things happen in real life.

That was meant to be inconsistencies not inconstistencies :)

Spread out on the floor and bent down reading it in his underwear. I have never bought this, not from day one. Nobody would have done that. Innocent people would have held that note (likely by the edges so not to ruin fingerprints), not squatted down on the floor. AND Fernie saying he read the note through the door, another flat out lie.
there's a reason JR says he was in his underwear.he was trying to account for his underwear fibers being near JB's bed.that clue comes from their own book,where he says he suddenly realizes he's in his underwear,and he stops by JB's bed and checks underneath it to see if she might be under there.

there's a reason JR says he was in his underwear.he was trying to account for his underwear fibers being near JB's bed.that clue comes from their own book,where he says he suddenly realizes he's in his underwear,and he stops by JB's bed and checks underneath it to see if she might be under there.

Now isn't that a stupid thing to do? Kids do hide, but they don't leave a 4-page ransom note for themselves. Why would she be hiding under the bed? She wouldn't of course, and he didn't look either. Nor would she be hiding in the wineceller. But that was the FIRST place he looked, wasn't it? And let's not forget that no one could hide in the room and lock the latch on the outside of the door they were behind and that was already closed.
Now what if the Rs thought it might be a prank played by BR and JB. Wait, I know, let's go and ask that little rascal if this was a prank. NAH, let's just let him sleep and call 911. The fact that he MIGHT have seen/heard something is just not important, right? Why? Because they already KNEW any answers there were to give.

And apparently he looked again...Pg. 19, Jon Benet, Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation, by Steve Thomas---"Reichenbach and John Ramsey went up to the second floor to look into the missing child's bedroom...The father lifted the dust ruffle to peer beneath his daughter's bed and was told not to touch anything else."

And apparently he looked again...Pg. 19, Jon Benet, Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation, by Steve Thomas---"Reichenbach and John Ramsey went up to the second floor to look into the missing child's bedroom...The father lifted the dust ruffle to peer beneath his daughter's bed and was told not to touch anything else."
yes,and he was dressed by that time,and even so,apparently didn't mention that he'd already checked there (bc he didn't..he knew where she was).

Anybody think he was really looking for something that might have been lost during the staging? I can understand him looking while he had his underwear on (in order to explain the fiber evidence), but why did he look that second time? I think there was something lost that night and he was trying to find it. Could also explain his other trips through the house that morning. Or he could have just been making sure they didn't leave anything behind during the staging.

Okay can you say "Busted" in this picture? I'm not sure if I can link this - if not I don't mean any trouble I just don't know!? This pic though makes me laugh - and not in a good way...this was taken I think 6 months after JB was supposedly murdered in their own home? Oh to have a nice getaway...BARF!

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-susan-n-glenn-stine.htm

"or shall I rather call it "busted"?"

Yes, I think you should!

I read the Globe article today. It talked about koldkase and a previously unmentioned clue BPD was "hiding". The doll in the photo. The article also mentions DNA evidence so it makes me wonder if they found some DNA on the doll.

Okay can you say "Busted" in this picture? I'm not sure if I can link this - if not I don't mean any trouble I just don't know!? This pic though makes me laugh - and not in a good way...this was taken I think 6 months after JB was supposedly murdered in their own home? Oh to have a nice getaway...BARF!

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-susan-n-glenn-stine.htm

Barf is right. Looking at them really makes me feel sick!

I read the Globe article today. It talked about koldkase and a previously unmentioned clue BPD was "hiding". The doll in the photo. The article also mentions DNA evidence so it makes me wonder if they found some DNA on the doll.

If there was "intruder" DNA on the doll, we would have heard about it, John Ramsey would have made sure we did.

That photo of the Rs with their friends shows them doing just what BR said he wanted to do- "just get on with my life". And they certainly did.
Of course, BR said this DAYS after his sister's murder. Now THAT is disturbing.

I've said it a million times, but it bears repeating:

This case is often referred to as a miscarriage of justice. It wasn't a miscarriage; it was an abortion.

It's obvious that this was the reason LW made sure some questions are not repeated in the interviews.(so there are no inconsistencies in their stories)WHY ELSE?
Imagine what would have happened if the cops were allowed to ask all the questions they wanted!We would have had such changing stories re all the subjects we're interested in.But NO.Look at the Atlanta "interviews"...it's basically an argument between LW and Kane,not the R's cooperating....

25 MR. KANE: Do you remember the
1 letter I sent to you?
2 MR. WOOD: I do. Painfully
3 remember.
4 MR. KANE: And where I said, you
5 will remember, we object, Chief Beckner and I
6 object to your placing a condition that as
7 long as the questions are fair and objective,
8 and I said that definition can be used to
9 exclude anything.

------------

This is exaclty what happened but LW is trying to spin it and that's why Kane wants to give up in disgust.

It was stated that there were no fingerprints found on the ransom note, but John Ramsey claimed he 'spread it out' to read it. How could there have been no fingerprints on it if he touched it?

That bothers me and always has.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07