2011.06.11 Sidebar (Trial Day Sixteen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a lawyer so I know nothing about the consequences of KC being in that superimposed image, but she wasn't added. They used a picture of KC and Caylee together. That picture probably had Caylee's full face at an angle and resolution that best fit with the skull.

I know but they could have and should have cropped Casey out, imo. I NEVER side with the DT, but in this instance, I do. There was no reason for her face to be included in that video, if it really was just about showing the measurements.

Can anyone give me a brief summary of what went on in court after Dr. Haskell. I had to take the Elder Feline Queen to the vet, and missed everything from that point on.

P.S. Off topic, but for those wondering, Jezebel came home with us today. Mommy (and vet) decided it was not her time. She's resting comfortably on our bed as I type. :)

that's the best news I've heard all day!! I've thinking of ya Mountain_Kat and keeping you in my prayers:innocent:. Thanks for sharing!

I know but they could have and should have cropped Casey out, imo. I NEVER side with the DT, but in this instance, I do. There was no reason for her face to be included in that video, if it really was just about showing the measurements.

Maybe by having ICA's face in the picture it could indicate to the jury that the skull did indeed belong to Caylee and wasn't that of an adult.

And she said it to her parent's too.

On another post it was mentioned about Caylee's hairbrush. I remember when this case broke I read in one of the doc dumps that CA gave LE the wrong hairbrush at first - on purpose. I've got to reread all these docs again, so that is from memory.

-------------
Yes she did. CA. gave them a hairbrush KC and Caylee shared.
I think its in the first batch of Docs.

Bill Sheaffer commented on the photos/3d Imaging yesterday, he said they were not gruesome nor inflammatory but did help those viewing to see how the duct tape (one piece) would have fit over Caylee's nose and mouth, and were instructive.
On the other hand, as all the commentators have stated, this is a Murder trial, the photos are not going to be nice, but they must be seen

I agree,but why was Casey's face included. It had no purpose if it was all about measuring and showing the possible placement. It should have been cropped out.imoo

If I was a Lawyer and found I was supposed to keep that kind of secret I think it would dawn on me that I was in the wrong profession. I would not want any part of it. Justice for the victim, and punishment for the offender is more important than anything the Bar could do ... IMO
This all seems acceptable to the Lawyers we hear from though, they say if they're guilty then they don't want to know- please! It seems very warped that anyone could defend a child murderer/abuser who admits to it.

Excellent point Zsa Zsa..in fact I happen to think is why the likes of LKB and AL left the team...course LKB doesnt have to tell the truth as a media TH..but in court she is bound by those Ethics..as was Andrea Lyons....Note AL hasnt said BO since she left the case!!

Hummmmm..guess JB likes to live close to the edge...hummmmm..CM well..who knows what he knows..Sure he hasnt been told alot!! and what was told him he DIDNT HEAR..:floorlaugh:Selective Hearing comes in handy, eh?

Objection: Hearsay.

LOL - call me out on hearsay and then be sure to skip the next 1,000 or so posts that contain hearsay too!
I know, you can be the hearsay pointer outer, kay? :crazy:

It may be hearsay but it was funny and odd. I won't say what else Dr. Drew thought outloud about.
Like he said, he's only trying to figure this thing out. He's new to the case so he's still in the dumbfounded stage.

Except Fay didn't hit until August, right? Mid-June to Beg-August is enough time to decompose - I'd think the smell would be strongist then (because the car already had the smell before Caylee was even dumped :sick:).

I agree but even so haven't we heard or read depos that say the remains would have been completely skeletonized 2 weeks after they were dumped at that time of year?
Anyone else remember that?

Can anyone give me a brief summary of what went on in court after Dr. Haskell. I had to take the Elder Feline Queen to the vet, and missed everything from that point on.

P.S. Off topic, but for those wondering, Jezebel came home with us today. Mommy (and vet) decided it was not her time. She's resting comfortably on our bed as I type. :)

There was a CSI talking about the locations of the bones in the woods and JB wanted to know how far the items were from the road. He was also asked about a home search they did at the Anthony's and garbage bags, a laundry bag and Caylee's bedding plus some garage, bedroom and sticker photos were admitted into evidence. JB kept asking him if items that they found didn't have duct tape on them and he said, no other duct tape was found except the piece on the gas can.

After him there was a surveyor who had done a birds eye view of the locations each bone was found and JB had nothing to say there.

Excellent point Zsa Zsa..in fact I happen to think is why the likes of LKB and AL left the team...course LKB doesnt have to tell the truth as a media TH..but in court she is bound by those Ethics..as was Andrea Lyons....Note AL hasnt said BO since she left the case!!

Hummmmm..guess JB likes to live close to the edge...hummmmm..CM well..who knows what he knows..Sure he hasnt been told alot!! and what was told him he DIDNT HEAR..:floorlaugh:Selective Hearing comes in handy, eh?

AL was on 20/20

It is now the third week in court for Casey Anthony, on trial for the murder of her two-year-old daughter, Caylee, and, as Chris Cuomo reports, the bombshell claims and bizarre twists keep coming. For the first time, one of Casey Anthony’s former defense attorneys Andrea Lyon speaks out about Anthony’s current defense strategy. Chris Cuomo’s report and the exclusive interview air on “20/20,” FRIDAY, June 10 (10:00 – 11:00 p.m. ET) on the ABC Television Network.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/pressroom/...-turns-in-the-casey-anthony-murder-trial.html

I agree katydid, with the concern about ICA being in that image with the superimposed duct tape. She was not added to the photo, she simply happened to be in that photo with Caylee. I believe that one was chosen because of the full frontal closeup view of Caylee's face. That would be needed to best accomplish the skull and tape overlay.

I do understand the concern that it may be viewed on appeal as prejudicial. That is why I cannot understand why ICA was not cropped out of the photo. It would still have been a very effective illustration without the Rule 403 "prejudicial" concern rearing its head.

OMG, did he really say that? It's insane IMO, not too far from confessing Casey knows perfectly well where Caylee is.

As I recall it, JB was asking that Casey be allowed to search, but without all the media and LE following her around. I don't recall JB's exact words...........but seem to remember he saying she'd be accompanied by him. This is the way I remember it and I could be wrong on him accompanying her.

At the time, Casey was wearing an ankle bracelet, so I wondered what she'd be doing. She might pretend to search various areas and include a walk by the remains site among a lot of other areas visited. I was wondering what JB and Casey were up to, but then forgot about it as other things in the case were unfolding - document dumps.

Thanks Zsa Zsa. I always look forward to
Bill Schaeffer and Kathy Belichs commentaries. They always explain things very well.

I agree but even so haven't we heard or read depos that say the remains would have been completely skeletonized 2 weeks after they were dumped at that time of year?
Anyone else remember that?

Didn't Dr. G mention something about this yesterday?

I disagree. KC looks more like she's on meth now than back when this all started.

Someone who is on meth is not as well put together as she was for the pics at Fusion. Smoke some pot? Yes. Drink? Yes. Meth? Nope. Even her teeth belie that.

http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2011/05/faces_of_meth_7.html

Don't fool yourself, there are many "beautiful" people doing meth. The teeth and aging happens with a very serious habit. I can see KC messing around with whatever is being offered. I don't see her having a habit of anything but lying. jmo

Switching horses, lol. I've been thinking about those yellow handled garbage bags tucked all around the Anthony's garage. I think KC may have done that to frame her dad and ensure they weren't depleted. mo

I fully realize I could be wrong, but I'm thinking GA needs to tell the truth as to when he actually saw Casey and Caylee leave the house together for the last time...I still suspect she left with Caylee on the night of the 15th and that was the last time CA and GA saw them together...JMHO

You know - I agree with you about GA and when he last saw Caylee and ICA leave the house. Excluding the conversation about ICA and Caylee leaving the night of the 15th, only because it's still all swirling around out there and hasn't been confirmed, I've been thinking about what George said.

Clearly he has a memory of ICA and Caylee leaving in the morning when she was wearing what he says she was wearing. But the question really is - what morning was it?

For example - I was out grocery shopping an hour or so ago, and was wearing sunglasses. I took them off as I entered the underground parking lot, and parked my car, went up to shop, came down, drove out and no sunglasses.
Now I know I left them on my dash - and did not wear them into the super market - and yet I have no sunglasses. Then I thought about the last time I lost something really valuable. For me - it was an expensive watch. Went to a do with it on, got out on the sidewalk afterwards with no watch. I clearly remember what I did, but I still lost my watch.
My point is - when you lose something valuable, how clear is your memory? George made this statement after he knew Caylee was missing for 31 days and ICA had been arrested for lying to the LE and child neglect.
I know he believes it's true, and I think it was - but just not that morning.

I agree katydid, with the concern about ICA being in that image with the superimposed duct tape. She was not added to the photo, she simply happened to be in that photo with Caylee. I believe that one was chosen because of the full frontal closeup view of Caylee's face. That would be needed to best accomplish the skull and tape overlay.

I do understand the concern that it may be viewed on appeal as prejudicial. That is why I cannot understand why ICA was not cropped out of the photo. It would still have been a very effective illustration without the Rule 403 "prejudicial" concern rearing its head.
agreed, but with only overlay defense can't argue original photo was altered prior to the overlay...
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member