17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Horace...that was his school suspension...never arrested as far as I know..the weed residue makes him bad? Damn I believe the entire world should smoke weed...they'd be mellow and not so violent...:maddening:

Again, you're talking about unsubstantiated facts with the bus driver...I'd bet if he did punch a bus driver he would and should have been arrested...but that doesn't negate GZs actions this night..He knew nothing about TM or those allegations...so what point does that make???

I guess it depends if someone is outraged enough to know an unarmed CHILD was shot and killed by an older, supposedly more mature ADULT...patrolling the community with a loaded gun...I guess we should bring back uncivilizaiton and the wild west...:banghead:

If TM had punched a bus driver, it would be caught on tape and he would have been arrested and charged with assault. He has never been arrested and does not have criminal record, but GZ does. Past behavior predicts future behavior which usually escalates and it has in this case.

Yes and he knew it was a young boy that was attacking him as well.

Going by past judgement calls from the police...from the article I posted in the Orlando Weekly..If he did attack GZ he was doing so within the law. MOO

"Likewise, Rebecca Wright said at the hearing, her son was killed in 2010, and his killer was allowed to go free because he thought he was being followed, felt threatened and shot her son."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/06/us-usa-crime-martin-nbc-idUSBRE83502B20120406

NBC News declined to comment on Thursday. The network said on Tuesday it would not release names of the employees involved. It has apologized for the incident.

Why not release names and show pictures of people that try to cause trouble.

The sources described the producer's actions as a very bad mistake, but not deliberate.

Seriously? The media bias has added fuel to this and the person responsible isn't going to be released to the public? He/She should be held accountable just as the police chief should. Can't say that I'm surprised. If it were a right wing news agency everyone would be screaming.

I also do not think GZ was ever appointed as a courtesy officer by the HOA. At the very least owners and residents would have been aware of who he was and what his function was in order for them to cooperate. The only information circulated was by LE that if residents had questions about the NWP they could contact GZ. That was not giving GZ the authority for anything other than administrative contacts. GZ, however, obviously took it to the max using that as an excuse to promote himself to a position of authority.

If RZ knew his son had this arrangement he would have certainly mentioned it by now. It appears GZ has had this obsession for a long time. Obviously if GZ felt so unsafe in this community, and he was only leasing his home, he should have moved out to a safer community......unless, he enjoyed his role as self-appointed watchman. jmo

It is interesting to me that TM's girlfriend was asked if she knew GZ and if she was aware of breakins in the complex and she said no to both. If there was a problem of this magnitude wouldn't the HOA have sent that information to all residents? She also said she lived there for some years (?) and it is peaceful and safe community. That might have been the case before GZ moved in.

What about a driver's license fingerprint/thumbprint on file if Trayvon has his license?

I read somewhere that he had no license on him. Am not sure if it said whether or not he actually had a license and it just wasn't on him. MOO

The eyewitness report of TM on top of GZ, the documented injuries on the back of GZ's head. All in the police report. <modsnip>

Those reports appear to be correct. We do not know how TM ended up on top. It is just as likely, because we know GZ was pursuing TM, that TM tried to turn to walk away from GZ (or gave GZ some lip such as "None of your business" when GZ asked him what he was doing there) and GZ grabbed at TM to keep him from leaving because he knew LE was on their way. We only have one side. TM can't talk and LE seems to have botched up the crime scene by asking for a narcotics officer to investigate. GZ could have hit his head in the fall. With GZ on the bottom he still could have flipped TM off easily, or grabbed him in a spot that would have caused TM to roll off him immediately to get away. I mean, even we ladies know about that. I think the problem was the gun. It's hard to hold someone from getting away, hold onto your gun and grab them in a self defensive move all at the same time. We know GZ did not want TM to get away. It's very possible that first call for help did come from GZ but he wanted someone to grab TM so he could get up and help hold him until LE got there. And then things just went terribly wrong.

I don't think, and have never thought GZ intended to shot TM. I think he wanted to keep TM from getting away. I believe GZ was willing to do anything up to shooting TM to keep him from getting away but once the gun was exposed (and we hear those painful cries) TM believed GZ was going to shoot him. He may have tried to get the gun away (who wouldn't do that if you thought someone was going to shoot you) and GZ's fear caused him to pull the trigger. That is why GZ told LE, "I shot him". Because that is exactly what happened, GZ shot TM. jmo

if I see a black person and conclude he's a criminal it's the same whether I mention it or not. If he saw a black boy and then called 911 because he found him suspicious, the boy is still black whether or not he says it out loud. I don't get this point about him not volunteering the race of a person. The issue is whether he drew conclusions based on race not whether he verbalized them voluntarily or at all or in response to questions.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/nightly-news/46971618/

Of the seven calls placed by George Zimmerman, the man who shot Trayvon Martin, there were five where he reported suspicious-looking young men in the area -- but he never mentioned the men's race without first being asked.

I read somewhere that he had no license on him. Am not sure if it said whether or not he actually had a license and it just wasn't on him. MOO

I've never been fingerprinted for my license. I've never been fingerprinted, period. jmo

What about a driver's license fingerprint/thumbprint on file if Trayvon has his license?
In Florida they don't take any prints when you get a license - no thumb or any other fingers.

Not to split hairs, but no one would call Trayvon a "young boy". He's as old as a boy can be and still be legally considered a boy.

Regardless, you don't have to die or be maimed at the hands of a boy in Florida. Even though Trayvon is underage, victims have the right to shoot to kill if he's slamming their head on the concrete.

I'm not questioning whether or not George received some kind of little boo boo in a scuffle. However, when you read the chronological narrative of the police report and realize the severity of his "beating" required only a few minutes of treatment before he was CLEARED for transport, I am questioning whether they rose to the level of justifiably "fearing for one's life".

Particularly when he walked into the jail less than 36 minutes after pulling the trigger, at 7:52 pm, looking fresh as a daisy.

Based on the police report, George kept his gun in its holster, INSIDE his waistband, so I am not sure how it could have been exposed to viewing by Trayvon unless George pulled it out of his holster. IF Trayvon actually saw it. Just thinking.

At any rate, I don't think GZ's going to the store means anything except to say he was not acting as NHW Captain at the time, especially considering he was carrying his gun.

GZ's going to the store may not mean anything...
OR it could be a CYA story because he was carrying his gun while out patrolling the neighborhood?

Wasn't it GZ's dad that initally said GZ never followed/chased Trayvon or left his truck? :waitasec:

JMHO~

I thought that GZ saw Trayvon entering the gated community through the gates from the road and he was facing toward him. I thought TM proceeded to walk on the sidewalk toward his destination and he walked by GZ or probably on the other side. Did GZ turn his car around and begin slowly following Trayvon and that is why TM "checked him out"? I never thought that FT might be involved. Good possibility though, but FT hasn't spoken with GZ (according to him) and it seems to keep their stories straight they would have to communicate. jmo

It was GZ's father who said George became suspicious because TM was cutting through the houses. There is only one place he could have done that before the clubhouse. It's an area that you would expect someone to cut through for a shortcut and avoid the gate. There is a camera on the gate but we have no idea if it caught TM coming through the gate. But did LE ever check??? FT claims he has had no contact with GZ since the incident, never mentioned right before. jmo

I'm not questioning whether or not George received some kind of little boo boo in a scuffle. However, when you read the chronological narrative of the police report and realize the severity of his "beating" required only a few minutes of treatment before he was CLEARED for transport, I am questioning whether they rose to the level of justifiably "fearing for one's life".

Particularly when he walked into the jail less than 36 minutes after pulling the trigger, at 7:52 pm, looking fresh as a daisy.

In all fairness, people have been "cleared for transport" and have then died in their cells of injuries.

The injuries I've seen are not a "booboo" as you state.

He certainly does. He was caught with an empty bag of weed, caught with jewelry that wasn't his along with a screwdriver (determined to be a burglary tool), he allegedly punched a bus driver. He's been caught doing lots of stuff, just never arrested. He was given second chances, I'm assuming because of his age. This has been discussed here but people only want to look at the negatives in GZ's past.

BBM

I take issue with the bolded statement. These things have been discussed here ad nauseum. As well as the not flattering incidents from GZ's past.

Mod Note:

To everyone participating in this tiresome back & forth -

STOP THE FLIPPIN' "RIGHT FIGHTING" HERE.

I am sick of it. It does NOTHING except incite arguments and bickering amongst members who disagree. Both sides have advocates who are more concerned about being right than actually sleuthing to determine the facts.

If you guys can't be mature enough to adopt the simple "Agree to disagree" approach, we will help solve that issue.

It is Easter weekend. Mods are exhausted from this case alone. One way or another these threads are going to take a more tolerant, civil, respectful tone. We will simply TO those who continue to bait, incite and post inflammatory remarks when the intention is to ellicit visceral responses from the other side of the fence.

Mods are going to be given a break this holiday weekend. It is up to you guys if you would like to be here or not.

CBS headline reads: Zimmerman lawyer: Client convicted by media. I would amend it to read: Zimmerman lawyer: Client convicted by media. Not even arrested in real life

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162-57410388/zimmerman-lawyer-client-convicted-by-media/

Yes, and that's telling, isn't it? About the potential of the media and the public to get a story SO completely wrong, and then refuse to back down and even entertain the thought that they've misrepresented the facts of the case for the pleasure of getting all riled up. Oh and selling advertisement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member