Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/12/17/new-threats-gun-violence-abound

New threats of gun violence surfacing
By Graham Winch
updated 3:45 PM EST, Mon December 17, 2012

...Bartlesville, Oklahoma

Friday morning, hours before the shooting in Newtown, police arrested 18-year-old Sammy Chavez for allegedly threatening to shoot his classmates, reports HLN affiliate KOCO.

Chavez is also accused of trying to recruit other students to help him lure students into a school auditorium to shoot them.

Chavez is being held on a $1 million bond. He's not entered a plea.

That's the most disturbing one to me. He was arrested just BEFORE this one happened. Bad luck for him. After the CT shootings I don't think he'll get a slap on the wrist.

The entire world has gone crazy.

There was a 15 year old high school student arrested right here where I live for threatening to shoot students at school. He was arrested Sunday night, but had started making the threats on Friday. I don't know what his bond will be, if any, because he is at the juvenile detention center. As he is a minor, no name was released.

I am still reeling over the Sandy Hook school shooting. Now I see that others will either threaten or succeed in doing the same. I am just truly sick at heart over all that has happened.

Where have we gone so wrong with our youth?

A local high school here has been on lockdown twice in the past 2 days for gun threats.

Where have we gone so wrong with our youth?

IMO, due to the so called seperation of church and state(schools), which doesn't exist in the constitution, and abortion, our society no longer values life.

IMO, due to the so called seperation of church and state(schools), which doesn't exist in the constitution, and abortion, our society no longer values life.
Yes, let's force religion on the population in general; "that'll fix it."

And let's blame women by all means. Reproductive rights = school shootings.

What doesn't exist in the Bill is any guarantee to own arms - unless one is a member of "a well-regulated militia."

Yes, let's force religion on the population in general; "that'll fix it."

And let's blame women by all means. Reproductive rights = school shootings.

What doesn't exist in the Bill is any guarantee to own arms - unless one is a member of "a well-regulated militia."

Who's blaming women and where did you get that from. It's laughable that you would come up with that. Nor is there a suggestion to "force" anything on anyone, another fanciful notion not in evidence in my post. :yow:
I also never mentioned anything about the right to bear arms. It's like your trying to write my post for me. :floorlaugh:
What's not being taught in schools is morals, ethics and the value of life. Maybe you can twist on that. And as I said at the beginning of the post - "IMO". Look it up. It means My opinion, not yours. Liberalism is creating another Sodom and Gomorrah in MY opinion, which under the TOS, I'm allowed to have and express.

Seems like an awful lot of these wingnut shoot em up guys are actually chock full of religion.

Doesn't appear to be a lack thereof that is propelling them to take out innocent lives.

IMO

Oh yeah, copycat crazies.

Not only guns either.

Just read about the stranger punching a four month old.

Four year being stabbed.......by his uncle.............motive unknown..........the little boy died. This is in my state.

And Sam hit on something even though it was misinterpreted..........as a whole, we seem to be lacking in general values.

I don't know..........it's just sad.

Who's blaming women and where did you get that from. It's laughable that you would come up with that. Nor is there a suggestion to "force" anything on anyone, another fanciful notion not in evidence in my post. :yow:
I also never mentioned anything about the right to bear arms. It's like your trying to write my post for me. :floorlaugh:
What's not being taught in schools is morals, ethics and the value of life. Maybe you can twist on that. And as I said at the beginning of the post - "IMO". Look it up. It means My opinion, not yours. Liberalism is creating another Sodom and Gomorrah in MY opinion, which under the TOS, I'm allowed to have and express.

I so agree with you on the bolded part, TrackerSam.

IMO it's not so much about "forcing" religion on anyone and teaching them as Tracker says morals, ethics and value of life. of teaching them that people matter, that they matter. teaching them to take responsibility for their actions.

as far as i'm concerned i'm not talking about teaching them what MY morals are but that they should have guide lines for their lives.

I dont think the accepted interpretation of the Constitution as far as the Seperation of Church and State supports your notion that it doesnt exist .
I think the notion that the shooting at Sandy Hook is some kind of 'judgement' for "God being kept out of the classroom" is offensive.
As I suspect it would be to the families of the victims.

I dont think the accepted interpretation of the Constitution as far as the Seperation of Church and State supports your notion that it doesnt exist .
I think the notion that the shooting at Sandy Hook is some kind of 'judgement' for "God being kept out of the classroom" is offensive.
As I suspect it would be to the families of the victims.

Except that is not what he said or meant.

Geez.

Seems like an awful lot of these wingnut shoot em up guys are actually chock full of religion.

Doesn't appear to be a lack thereof that is propelling them to take out innocent lives.

IMO

I don't think the gangstas doing drive-bys are chock full of religion. 400 kids killed in Chicago last year.

Hey, what about churches? They're FULL of god, but lots of kids still aren't safe there... :rolleyes:

Hey, what about churches? They're FULL of god, but lots of kids still aren't safe there... :rolleyes:

I never mentioned God at all. :doh: But since YOU did, He's not allowed in schools and they obviously aren't safe there. They're not safe anywhere and for the same reason........lack of guidance and morals.

If not god, then what on earth is your point about separation of church and state, other than to imply that if we had more "church" or "god" in school then this wouldn't have happened?

I happen to come from a very large family of teachers on both sides and I can tell you from personal experience that they all do teach morals, ethics and the value of life.

There is already a discussion about gun control going on in the Parking Lot. You may discuss this article, but the political aspect needs to end. Now. Thanks!

There is a lockdown of a middle school in Scottsdale Arizona, after reports of an armed intruder on campus...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back