FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of the churches there operate a day care? I seem to remember reading somewhere the Methodist church there may have a day care.

Yeah, but I'm not sure if it's a full time care center or just for the church activities. I'll have to make some calls and see.

There really aren't any day care centers in Geneva that I know of. Does anyone know where this day care center was supposed to be located?

Geneva is a very small village...very rural. Just some insight: There are some very wealthy homes situated in some of the very isolated areas...Robyn Williams has/or used to have a get away on one of the lakes that he flew into but most of these are "compounds" set well back off the roads. Most folks don't even know what's back here as you can't see the houses for the woods and you best know better than to do any trespassing as most of the old timers round these parts "shoot first, ask questions later." They have the signs up to prove it, lol.

There's not even a real grocery store...just a Kangaroo Express, a feed store and a Marathon gas station. Only restaurants are the Black Hammock and the Jolly Gator Fish Camp both of which serve up some pretty popular gator bites..to give some insight into the menus;). The only fast food is a small Subway counter tucked in the back of the Kangaroo Express. There is a meat deli selling from one of the ranches but that's about all. One elementary school, a taxidermist, a garden supply store, a mechanic, a small museum, a shooting range, a community clubhouse, a bar and about 10 churches.

A few of the social opportunities: Geneva Village Homemakers Club, The Geneva Herb Society, Mountain Dulcimer Gathering, Sons of Confederate Veterans - Geneva Wilderness Area on HWY 426 (including the Ed Yarborough Nature Center) and Lake Proctor Wilderness Area.

Fun gatherings: Dinner & Movie Night at the Geneva Bijou (the community center), and every 3rd Saturday: "a free evening of old-time music that you have been hankering for at the Geneva Jam at the Geneva Community Center. There is toe-tapping acoustic music -- bluegrass, old country, and some old-fashioned gospel." :) Like I said..very rural :).

I didn't think it was possible to make me "homesick" ..

I'm jumping in late in the threads, but I have been reading and following along for a while now. I just wanted to say hello to everyone and this is an amazing community of people here. I live in Geneva and went to school with Dustin and Lauren, so this is really hitting home for me. It seems so surreal, but breaks my heart all over again when the reality hits me that this is actually happening.

realityorlando, your description of Geneva is really spot on, it made me chuckle a little. my parents live out more toward lake harney and it really is very rural. i have never even met some neighbors and we have been in the same house for 8 years. off topic, i heard somewhere that they are building either a publix or walmart across from the gas stations. i dont know how accurate that is, but i hope that they dont!

to add to the question of daycares, unless one of the churches has one (which i do not know, they very well could and is something i could find out if it would be helpful), then the closest daycare out of geneva be in the downtown Oviedo area, there are definitely no daycare 'centers' in geneva.

someone posted earlier also about the speed limit on 419 going into oviedo from geneva being 45-55 which is correct...another thing to keep in mind is that it is a 1 lane each way road and a lot of it is 'no passing' so if you are stuck behind someone going 30, well then you are also going 30 and you will have to tack some extra time on to your trip.

Okay, well, my friend's daughter and 4 year old are coming to stay for several months while her husband transitions through some training in the air force and was going to look into the area daycares, so I just had her call and check out the Geneva one they have on their list. Yes, it is a full day care and also a preschool but you only have to pay for the days you actually use it each week..so that's very convenient. There seems to be a limit of about 8 kids in the daycare. It's opened 6-6 and is $95 a week full time.

Which brings me to another thought. Was this the first time the show had aired?

I wonder if DS was the type to brag and tell people about the episode, thinking that he looked cool, or even previously embelished how the episode went .... and then the reality of the show wasn't quite what he made it out to be.

Embarrassing, yes. Did someone say something like "Dude, she made you look like a chump." or something? Would that infuriate him? Probably.

IDN .. just thinking out loud. If DS is the perp, it's really hard to deny that the cause of his rage (because I don't think he planned it) was something to do with the show...

imo

As has been mentioned it was the first run of that show. I took an acting class in college and I can tell you there aren't many people who like what they see when they see themselves on video. I think DS is the type that would go off and blame her for making him look bad. JMO

I'm jumping in late in the threads, but I have been reading and following along for a while now. I just wanted to say hello to everyone and this is an amazing community of people here. I live in Geneva and went to school with Dustin and Lauren, so this is really hitting home for me. It seems so surreal, but breaks my heart all over again when the reality hits me that this is actually happening.

realityorlando, your description of Geneva is really spot on, it made me chuckle a little. my parents live out more toward lake harney and it really is very rural. i have never even met some neighbors and we have been in the same house for 8 years. off topic, i heard somewhere that they are building either a publix or walmart across from the gas stations. i dont know how accurate that is, but i hope that they dont!

to add to the question of daycares, unless one of the churches has one (which i do not know, they very well could and is something i could find out if it would be helpful), then the closest daycare out of geneva be in the downtown Oviedo area, there are definitely no daycare 'centers' in geneva.

someone posted earlier also about the speed limit on 419 going into oviedo from geneva being 45-55 which is correct...another thing to keep in mind is that it is a 1 lane each way road and a lot of it is 'no passing' so if you are stuck behind someone going 30, well then you are also going 30 and you will have to tack some extra time on to your trip.

I agree: it is a priority if you live in Geneva and expect to be anywhere on time...you must add at least 10 extra minutes to your expected travel time. Also, remember that time will be school bus time which is always fun. You make all the stops the bus does! I was stopped one day until they got some cows and goats to move off the road.

Sorry, off topic: *GASP* NO! I doubt the village leaders will allow that to happen. I've heard tell about one maybe coming in down near 415. I'll have to do some digging around.

I get sucked into alot of these cases....especially holly bobo, haleigh cummings, susan powell and michelle. Its getting really frustrating that these abductors are able to hide a body that may never be found. None of these suspects strike me as brilliant. With todays technology, this should not be too easy! Oooops....sorry for the mini vent. :)

I agree about these suspects,which is why I tend to believe they are being held captive,or forced into sex trafficking. It's so sad. A lot of peeps on here don't believe that so many missing can be held up somewhere, but I do.

Welcome klh!
So glad you joined us! Information from local folks can help us gain a much better understanding of the community and surroundings.

Great post about the local flavor.Thanks :welcome::fireworks:

Sorry for beating a dead horse but I can't seem to get away from the similarities between Kesse and Ocasio.

I know Hataway and a couple of friends were looked at in regards to Tracy Ocasio's disappearance upon leaving The Tap Room. One of those friends used to hang at Cowboys. When I looked into this dude during her disappearance, this guy seemed drawn to country music and country establishments. I know, maybe a stretch in regards to Michelle's disappearance...but what if...

What if Hataway wasn't alone - bc I for one don't believe he was. He was also looked at for Jennifer Kesse's disappearance. He's also blamed for Chris George's death by multiple people...

Hataway also used to go by the name VADER - as in Darth Vader. Just sayin'...

:welcome4: Pull up a chair and join in ANYTIME! We especially love when locals chime in

Sorry for beating a dead horse but I can't seem to get away from the similarities between Kesse and Ocasio.

I know Hataway and a couple of friends were looked at in regards to Tracy Ocasio's disappearance upon leaving The Tap Room. One of those friends used to hang at Cowboys. When I looked into this dude during her disappearance, this guy seemed drawn to country music and country establishments. I know, maybe a stretch in regards to Michelle's disappearance...but what if...

What if Hataway wasn't alone - bc I for one don't believe he was. He was also looked at for Jennifer Kesse's disappearance. He's also blamed for Chris George's death by multiple people...

I haven't followed either of these cases can you list what circumstances may match up with Michelle?

My only caveat to that would be that Michelle bares zero similarities appearance-wise to neither Tracy nor Jennifer. Good observations. IMO the likelihood that Michelle was not mortally harmed by Dale is slim to none. The slim part is why we are debating other scenarios. because he has not been arrested. JMO.

I wanted to add that I know Hataway's been in jail, but if he wasn't alone in his little group and happens to be responsible for other "disappearances", how interesting that he chooses a Star Wars character to associate himself with.

How coincidental that Michelle disappears without a trace, her vehicle is parked in a way that is eerily similar to other disappearances, in the same area as other noted disappearances, and is known to be in the same establishments as other persons of interest in other missing peoples cases?

If it's not Dale, it sure seems like it would be somebody that knows him...and Michelle.

One more thing... People love Florida, myself included. People tend to see palm trees, sunshine, Disney as well as Universal, tons of shopping, great food, gorgeous body conscious people...but they tend to overlook the crime. Where Michelle's H3 was parked might look like a nice area. You hear the word condo and think of luxury. Sometimes people hear the term gated security and it makes them feel safer. Well look at exactly where Michelle H3 was parked - right by OBT. Orange Blossom Trail - home of hookers, drugs, teet clubs, illegal gambling, thugs, you name it & it's there. OBT is the epitome of the underbelly of Orlando. Funny how Dale's family lives in the middle of it all. Funny how Hataway used to go by the monicker Vader. Yeah, funny...

Not.

:maddening:I sent a tweet asking if LE had DS Jr's cell and computer...I'm being ignored!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni