Jason Young to get new trial #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we discuss the carpet fiber evidence? I hadn't realized that investigators searched for Hampton Inn carpet fibers in the Birchleaf home. No fibers were found. How did JY get to MY, and walk around in the house without transferring any fibers?

I believe they did the reverse as well and searched for Birchleaf fibers at the Hampton Inn - none found.

So, did JY wear booties and if so, why did he have to dispose of his shoes and how did he leave footprints near the body as I'm sure the booties would have interfered with the shoe imprint.

Or, how did he step in blood and not transfer it to his car?

Sent from your mom's smartphone

Another question - How exactly does the State theory account for two different shoe prints? Thinking that this was a "rage" killing gone awry since his intent was to strangle her but the fight escalated things and it ended up being bloody. Would he have anticipated that there would be blood and he would need to stage two shoe prints?

Or, how did he step in blood and not transfer it to his car?

Right, they will say that he could have changed his shoes, disposed of the bloody stuff before getting in the car.

Also, I wonder if they ever tested the blood on MY's clothing and the pillows and floor area to see if another blood type was identified as the killer may have bled too.

Another question - How exactly does the State theory account for two different shoe prints? Thinking that this was a "rage" killing gone awry since his intent was to strangle her but the fight escalated things and it ended up being bloody. Would he have anticipated that there would be blood and he would need to stage two shoe prints?

I've already explained this in the other thread. JY wore one pair of shoes in his feet and one pair on his hands and walked around the crime scene on all fours.

Thanks to you JY, Michelle will never spend another Mother's Day with Cassidy and Rylan.

I'm hoping and praying you never, ever "see the light of day!" You slaughtered your precious wife and son without mercy.......you deserve the same.

RIP Michelle.....justice for you and Rylan!

Thanks to you JY, Michelle will never spend another Mother's Day with Cassidy and Rylan.

I'm hoping and praying you never, ever "see the light of day!" You slaughtered your precious wife and son without mercy.......you deserve the same.

RIP Michelle.....justice for you and Rylan!

Well, right now he's innocent until proven innocent again.

Can we discuss the carpet fiber evidence? I hadn't realized that investigators searched for Hampton Inn carpet fibers in the Birchleaf home. No fibers were found. How did JY get to MY, and walk around in the house without transferring any fibers?

I believe they did the reverse as well and searched for Birchleaf fibers at the Hampton Inn - none found.

So, did JY wear booties and if so, why did he have to dispose of his shoes and how did he leave footprints near the body as I'm sure the booties would have interfered with the shoe imprint.

I recall that police purchased something for checking carpets. I wonder if that was so that they could look at carpet fibres. If they did a complete search of the house with a machine that was purchased specifically to collect fibres from the floor, then I think that should be presented in the next trial.

Of course there were no fibers or blood at the Hampton Inn.....the clothes, shoes, gloves obviously had blood on them after he viciously murdered Michelle. When JY hosed off in the back yard (where the hose was left running so all blood evidence would be diluted and washed away in the ensuing next 8 hours), he put all his clothes, shoes, gloves in trash bags(which he forgot to put away in his hurry to leave and left on kitchen counter) and somewhere between here and there, he disposed of him. This explains the lack of blood in his vehicle.......he was clean, dressed in clean pants, shirt, shoes, socks.

JUSTICE FOR MICHELLE & RYLAN

Of course there were no fibers or blood at the Hampton Inn.....the clothes, shoes, gloves obviously had blood on them after he viciously murdered Michelle. When JY hosed off in the back yard (where the hose was left running so all blood evidence would be diluted and washed away in the ensuing next 8 hours), he put all his clothes, shoes, gloves in trash bags(which he forgot to put away in his hurry to leave and left on kitchen counter) and somewhere between here and there, he disposed of him. This explains the lack of blood in his vehicle.......he was clean, dressed in clean pants, shirt, shoes, socks.

So, how did he dry off after taking a backyard shower in the cold twilight of November? Have you ever washed blood off your skin? When using just water, you have to really scrub. Heck, even after taking a real shower, you'll still see guys with blood on them. There's no way on earth someone is going to get completely clean using a hose in the backyard.

Was this theory ever presented at trial or just a WS theory?

Let's just say for the sake of argument, we agree with two aspects of the state's case.

1) Jason was in King NC that am, ok, he purchased $15.00 of gas, so where does that get him?
He still has to drive back to the hotel and then continue on his way to Clintwood..He has to , has to, has to get gas somewhere soon after he leaves Hillsville. So, where? Of course he would not use his credit card, so he paid cash, but this time no one sees him , and once again the cameras either are not working again or no one remembers him.

2)When Jason gets back to the hotel, he has to , has to , has to be freaking out. Nothing went right. There was a struggle with Michelle, he had to leave Cassidy behind, he has a run in with Gracie at the gas station, that may be on video, and the cameras at the hotel are back in their right position, what the heck is he going to do?

And, as he arrives back at the hotel, people are starting to wake up, some are getting ready to possibly get on the road for business or vacation. No one sees Jason Young pulling back into the hotel parking lot. No one sees Jason Young enter the hotel. Now, he has to, has to, has to continue to Clintwood, no matter what..or everything is blown sky high. So, somehow he gathers his luggage and tries to keep his cool , Should he just leave, or should he go into the lobby and make himself seen by someone, anyone But, there is no video of him anywhere in the hotel that am. Not leaving by any exit, not in the lobby, not having coffee, not seen by anyone who stayed there or worked there. So, except for the cameras that captured him at midnight, and his run in with Gracie, Jason Young somehow became invisible.

So, how did he dry off after taking a backyard shower in the cold twilight of November? Have you ever washed blood off your skin? When using just water, you have to really scrub. Heck, even after taking a real shower, you'll still see guys with blood on them. There's no way on earth someone is going to get completely clean using a hose in the backyard.

Was this theory ever presented at trial or just a WS theory?

I think it is an Internet theory. It isn't remotely believable so I can understand why the prosecution wouldn't use it. The witness who had her brains on a sidewalk is as far as they were willing to go.

JMO

Let's just say for the sake of argument, we agree with two aspects of the state's case.

1) Jason was in King NC that am, ok, he purchased $15.00 of gas, so where does that get him?
He still has to drive back to the hotel and then continue on his way to Clintwood..He has to , has to, has to get gas somewhere soon after he leaves Hillsville. So, where? Of course he would not use his credit card, so he paid cash, but this time no one sees him , and once again the cameras either are not working again or no one remembers him.

2)When Jason gets back to the hotel, he has to , has to , has to be freaking out. Nothing went right. There was a struggle with Michelle, he had to leave Cassidy behind, he has a run in with Gracie at the gas station, that may be on video, and the cameras at the hotel are back in their right position, what the heck is he going to do?

And, as he arrives back at the hotel, people are starting to wake up, some are getting ready to possibly get on the road for business or vacation. No one sees Jason Young pulling back into the hotel parking lot. No one sees Jason Young enter the hotel. Now, he has to, has to, has to continue to Clintwood, no matter what..or everything is blown sky high. So, somehow he gathers his luggage and tries to keep his cool , Should he just leave, or should he go into the lobby and make himself seen by someone, anyone But, there is no video of him anywhere in the hotel that am. Not leaving by any exit, not in the lobby, not having coffee, not seen by anyone who stayed there or worked there. So, except for the cameras that captured him at midnight, and his run in with Gracie, Jason Young somehow became invisible.

Your last point is what I kept waiting for at both trials...video of Jason leaving the hotel. The fact that it doesn't exist would point to one of two reasons and both were out of Jason's control: 1) investigators found the video and the times did not mesh with their "Daddy did it" scenario so they failed to collect it or 2) not all the cameras were working and the hotel knew it and withheld that information at trial.

JMO

The one thing Jason Young could not do was draw attention to himself anywhere that morning, especially in the wrong direction of his hotel and especially with cameras or witnesses.

Your last point is what I kept waiting for at both trials...video of Jason leaving the hotel. The fact that it doesn't exist would point to one of two reasons and both were out of Jason's control: 1) investigators found the video and the times did not mesh with their "Daddy did it" scenario so they failed to collect it or 2) not all the cameras were working and the hotel knew it and withheld that information at trial.

JMO

They cycled every 14 seconds so it would be easy to be completely missed that morning. We know he was there because he had his receipt and newspaper though. Surely if he's conscious of the cameras, he would have gone out of his way to be see on one of them but he wasn't thinking at all about cameras because he is innocent and had no reason to.

They cycled every 14 seconds so it would be easy to be completely missed that morning. We know he was there because he had his receipt and newspaper though. Surely if he's conscious of the cameras, he would have gone out of his way to be see on one of them but he wasn't thinking at all about cameras because he is innocent and had no reason to.

Agree, and I think if he really wanted to pad his alibi, he would have made sure someone
noticed him. He definitely came back and he definitely left and with his luggage too.
Where is that tape?

I think it is an Internet theory. It isn't remotely believable so I can understand why the prosecution wouldn't use it. The witness who had her brains on a sidewalk is as far as they were willing to go.

JMO

Thats another thing, if we go into Round 3. I want to hear more from the store manager at 4 Brothers., Tiki Ingram. I want them to ask her what the policy is if a cashier is overpaid, because it is not a tip, in any way shape or form. All money must be turned in, and then it will be decided if the shift's receipts balance. If there is an overage/underage, it usually stays on the books for a week or so. How long did Gracie work there again? Didn't she leave and then come back at a later date? Why weren't the cameras working that day, what was the glitch? Was Gracie $5.00 over?

The temp. on the night of the murder was just below freezing. The hose could be another one of those "tunnel vision" details that is wrapped around Jason to build a story. Why would a murderer wash away blood in the backyard when it is so much easier, and more comfortable, to clean up in the house? Michelle's blood in the shower mixed with Jason's DNA would not be evidence of anything.

Didn't police test the soil in the area of the hose in the hopes of finding evidence that Jason showered in the backyard in the middle of the night in freezing temperatures?

ITA. All the cameras didn't cycle in the same 14 seconds and they captured the length of a corridor. It would be impossible for him to manage not to be seen in any of them.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members