WA - Murder for hire plot backfires, Jeff Lytle arrested, Monroe, 13 Feb 2017

Indy Anna

Reaction score
Lytle tried to hire a hitman to kill his wife and 4-year-old daughter to collect on a life insurance policy. A text he intended to send to the hitman was instead sent to his former boss, who contacted authorities. Lytle is charged with 2 counts of criminal solicitation for first degree murder.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/13/murder-plot-exposed-after-man-sent-kill-my-wife-texts-to-wrong-contact/

There goes his nomination for husband/father of the year! :steamed:

"According to police, Lytle claimed that he wrote the texts to “vent” and was not planning on having his family killed. He said that he never intended to send anyone the messages, suggesting that his 4-year-old daughter may have sent them."

What an utter waste of oxygen, and space, on this planet. Karma is a 8*tch Jeff.

Don't ya just love it that his own STUPID is what got him caught - and before he could actually put his plan into motion?

This is just a great story!

"Life insurance is worth 1 million and if you want a bonus you can kill JL. Her life insurance is 500K."

[...]

"If you can make it look like a robbery gone wrong or make it an accident she works at Walmart she gets off at 11:00," the text allegedly read.
snipped

http://myfox8.com/2017/02/14/man-pl...-boss-instead-of-hitman-help-me-kill-my-wife/

This could easily have been a tragedy. It's terrible enough he wanted his wife murdered, but how on earth could he want to have his 4-year-old murdered?

Now, instead to receiving money, he will be paying money (has $1 million bond) to buy his freedom. Hopefully, his wife and child are in a safe place.

Thank God that former boss called 911 right away. So scary.

From OP's link: "He said ... suggesting that his 4-year-old daughter may have sent them." sbm
Yeah, probably the daughter who wrote & sent the text. /sarc

At :28 sec in vid in first post link, Lytle holds a little kitten to his chest. Mr. Nice Guy? /sarc

I wonder if his former boss (who notified LE) will still give him a good reference for employment. LOL

{{ETA: Is Lytle's application for Mensa membership going to be approved? J/K}}

Who writes complete messages in the SMS app of their phone to vent?

I'm going to guess nobody.

Everyone in this situation is lucky he fumble-fingered the sending of that sms and he sent it to the wrong person; even him, because now he's going to get what I assume is a ridiculously short prison sentence for what is basically attempted murder.

Does this guy have no idea they thoroughly check things out before they pay out that money for life insurance? *facepalm* Thank goodness he will probably never ever be able to see his daughter again because of this...

I would hate to have to explain something like this, to my child, about her father, someday in the future. Despicable is all I can come up w/right now. Grateful he screwed up but I feel so bad for that little girl. She will learn of this someday. How horrible. :mad:

Who writes complete messages in the SMS app of their phone to vent?

I'm going to guess nobody.

Everyone in this situation is lucky he fumble-fingered the sending of that sms and he sent it to the wrong person; even him, because now he's going to get what I assume is a ridiculously short prison sentence for what is basically attempted murder.
IMO, a person who does something as blatant as Lytle, showing premeditation and intent to kill, should be sentenced just as though the plot succeeded. If he attempted this once, he will attempt it again once he is released from prison. Let's not give hardened criminals a second chance to terrorize, injure and kill.

IMO, a person who does something as blatant as Lytle, showing premeditation and intent to kill, should be sentenced just as though the plot succeeded. If he attempted this once, he will attempt it again once he is released from prison. Let's not give hardened criminals a second chance to terrorize, injure and kill.

I wholeheartedly agree. Anyone that would have their child killed for money is very sick.

snipped

http://myfox8.com/2017/02/14/man-pl...-boss-instead-of-hitman-help-me-kill-my-wife/

This could easily have been a tragedy. It's terrible enough he wanted his wife murdered, but how on earth could he want to have his 4-year-old murdered?

Now, instead to receiving money, he will be paying money (has $1 million bond) to buy his freedom. Hopefully, his wife and child are in a safe place.

He was just venting, yeah right. Something about him reminds me of little Cooper Harris' sperm donor. I hope they both rot in jail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back