Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Coolcat. Yes, the dramatic weight loss is bothering me too. Could be all of the things you've mentioned, could be a bad coke habit, all speculation on my part. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Thanks tiff07....I did think Drug Problem but didn't want to throw another spanner in the works because some people are being blasted for purely speculating but I really wonder why he has lost so much weight??

He just looks so different?

It looks like he has perhaps had some sort of lifestyle change ( Mid life crisis perhaps?) that maybe didn't involve ABC...Was she getting in the way?

I have more questions and insight but I think I will wean my way into this forum gradually as it gets a bit nasty and mean if you say something that someone disagrees with????

.Anyway I give up, no-one is interested in discussing anything factual nor what is likely to have occurred based on that information and all that it is going on is rehashing of incorrect information and wild theories/speculation. This thread started out interesting with a reasonable discussion......

Again, with all due respect, this is kind of like groundhog day, with you posting comments on this forum which you alone state as fact. I've mentioned a couple of times about those screams heard & you insist on saying it's fact they were from a party...this is your fact. Nothing has been confirmed either way by police about it.

Praying that the person responsible is brought to justice.

Btw BrisbaneGirl.........state school teachers are paid more than private school teachers. Sorry had to correct that small piece of misinformation there. But it is a common, but incorrect, assumption.

I thought I read an article yesterday about trying to find the mobile phone? Let me have a look...

Also, I know for a fact a friend of mine who will not call crimestoppers about being near the roundabout. He didn't see anything, he just wasn't to get involved (this makes me SO mad!)

Obviously important for everyone who was in the vicinity of the roundabout during 11.30pm and 4am on that night to phone Crimestoppers, as the Detectives will be interested in ways that we may not be able to imagine!

I think a dramatic weight loss is normal under the circumstances. It would be undeniably stressful to be GBC at present. I can understand why he wouldn't have the biggest appetite right now.

I thought they meant a weight loss from the real estate photos to when she first disappeared, not from when she first disappeared to now.

What do we know until now as fact/reports from police (please correct if anything not correct):

- Husband reports wife missing at 7:30 am on Friday 20/4
- Husband says he saw her for the last time on Thursday at 10:00 pm watching Footy Show
- Wife was wearing sports/walking gear
- Friday Husband informs in-laws that wife did not return from a walk and is missing
- Wife/best friend texted on Thursday evening - all appeared normal - wife had a busy schedule the next day (Friday), incl. taking kids to a sleep over somewhere
- Wife put kids to bed on Thursday evening
- Husband says he goes to bed at 10 pm on Thursday and did not see wife again
- Neighbours confirm hearing argument on Thursday evening around 10 pm - no screams
- Friday couple's home is cordoned off and searched - potential crime scene
- Husband and kids move in with his parents
- Police confiscates both vehicles
- Police confiscates husband's mobile / wife's mobile is missing
- Police searches husband's parents home and remove items incl. computer
- Police search husband's place of business
- Police triangulate location of wife's phone to an area 150 m from couple's home
- Husband retains prominent Gold Coast criminal lawyer to deal with the media and police
- Police interview several witnesses, including a close female friend of husband
- Police return both vehicles
- 11 days after wife goes missing canoeist reports seeing a body under the bridge
- Police confirms they have found a body that matches the description of missing wife's clothes
- Police search the area - find SIM card (later confirmed as unrelated to this crime)
- Husband retains a barrister on the advise of his lawyer
- Police confirm identity of body and indicate this is an unlawful homicide investigation
- There are no visible signs of foul play on the body
- Police cannot comment on whether the husband is a suspect/person of interest
- Police search outside couple's house and neighbours property again for missing wife's mobile phone
- Police search scout camp area
- Police re-interview several people, incl. husbands close female friend
- Police appeal to the public for any sightings of any of the 2 cars on Thursday between 8 pm and 7 am the next morning
- More police interviews
- Police appeal to the public for sightings of wife's car at roundabout between 11:30 pm Thursday and 4:00 am Friday - a few people contact police
- Media interview with wife's parents and wife's best friend indicates they feel some guilt for not acting on some things? expressed by the wife in the past
- Police is still appealing for more witnesses regarding anything witnessed at roundabout between 11:30 pm Thursday - 4:00 am Friday
- Wife's mobile phone still missing
- Husband collects some photographs from his computer at the police station in preparation for the funeral

So he went on a diet and was losing weight and we all know that makes you really hangry!

Obviously important for everyone who was in the vicinity of the roundabout during 11.30pm and 4am on that night to phone Crimestoppers, as the Detectives will be interested in ways that we may not be able to imagine!

It's alright. I dobbed in his work ;)

I think a dramatic weight loss is normal under the circumstances. It would be undeniably stressful to be GBC at present. I can understand why he wouldn't have the biggest appetite right now.

He had already lost the weight before she was found.....You don't lose this much weight so quickly??

Witch hunt!

Didn't the mod say something about an ignore button if you can't play nice, why interrogate other users...a bit rude don't you think

Hiya, I am playing nice and repectfully asking a query of Maverick.au.......this person is a straight shooter and seems to know a lot of things in this case.

From my experience Mav is VERY in the know, just looking after the career aspect of this poster..........only gut feeling that is shredding my "be careful buddy, it's getting close to the bone stage soon".

This a caring factor of my nature, IMO everyone needs brain space by expressing it.

Look at all posters' posts and you know whether to trust them or not.
Then Private message them as a test then maybe start a real open chat to vent that way I say.

Am I right in saying that this is the first bit of new and interesting perspective in a while? ie - How did he know what she was wearing? I dont recall anyone bringing this up. If he didnt see her leave how would he know what she was wearing - ie if he went to bed and was asleep when she left home, how would he know what she chose to put on? Unless she always wore the same thing. I wonder. Some people might always wear the same thing but others would have range of gym/fitness/walking clothes and wear different things depending on what was clean.

Initial reports said she was wearing black pants with either a light or dark top. She might always wear those pants walking, with jogging shoes. I wear the same kind of leggings every time i go to the gym because I have several pairs, and always the same shoes. I don't think it's weird for a husband to know what his wife was wearing, I remember what my partner was wearing the other day and I'm not a control freak.

Someone else already mentioned handbags and walking... I personally always take my handbag when I'm walking.

What worries me about the current discussions are it as if we believe GBC is guilty and now we are trying to guess motive. But we don't have that much info, it is all just innuendo. It may be why it is intriguing but we do know SFA compared to the professionals upon whom we are relying for justice.

I thought I read an article yesterday about trying to find the mobile phone? Let me have a look...

Also, I know for a fact a friend of mine who will not call crimestoppers about being near the roundabout. He didn't see anything, he just wasn't to get involved (this makes me SO mad!)

I'm wondering if mud/tree branch was found in a strange place of the car (because Kholo Creek is muddy/bushy) and this is what alerted the cops to it. Personally I still think he put her up creek because if a car came around that bend on Mt Crosby Road there isn't much time to get out of there.

Who knows, I guess one day we will all find out and there is probably something we have totally missed (for obvious reasons - we aren't involved in the case!) Maybe... the washing had been done and was still wet and they noticed it and thought it was odd because who hangs out washing at 6am. So many different scenarios.

I hang out washing at 6am.

Maybe... the washing had been done and was still wet and they noticed it and thought it was odd because who hangs out washing at 6am.

I'm thinking perhaps one of the cars showed evidence it had been recently washed (which few ppl do before 7am). and also one of the girls must have reacted/said something that tipped them off.

I have been glued to this post since page 1 and finding it very interesting.
Firstly...i'd like to express my sincere condolencenes to Mr and Mrs Dickie, and my heart breaks for those 3 little angels.

But....Just putting it out there.....did a canoeist really find the body or did "someone" give up that info?? Is there any information on who the canoeist was???

This is from the Missing Persons Register

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/Baden-Clay.htm

Outlines the facts as reported by police up until the time her body was found.

Note that it does initially state that she left home to go walking that Thursday night. Also note that later on that part of it has been dropped to only say that he "saw her" before he went to bed. Doesn't say that either version of events have been accepted as fact.

I thought they meant a weight loss from the real estate photos to when she first disappeared, not from when she first disappeared to now.

Oh I see. Well aside from the obvious current stressors he was under a lot of financial stress- getting big loans, trading in the car, renting. Had change of location for the business and lost a lot of staff recently, all of that would be stressful too and could cause him to lose weight. He certainly looks different doesn't he!

Why the bickering, trying to get one over the other and telling each other how to post...Everyone take a deep breath, I'm sure if you were talking about this over your back fences as you probably do anyway you wouldn't be so rude to one another!
yes but when you talk over your back fence I guarantee if the neighbours asked the same question a thousand times you would eventually get frustrated at groundhog day

This is from the Missing Persons Register

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/Baden-Clay.htm

Outlines the facts as reported by police up until the time her body was found.

Note that it does initially state that she left home to go walking that Thursday night. Also note that later on that part of it has been dropped to only say that he "saw her" before he went to bed. Doesn't say that either version of events have been accepted as fact.

That cements it for me. I am going to volunteer for SES. What heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail