Guilty of first degree murder/verdict watch #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, she was extremely articulate and did a great job answering the questions.

I think she said the first poll: all 4 men said guilty, one woman guilty, one woman not guilty and the rest undecided? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Just going off my memory,which isn't that great...Ha!

Also, it didn't seem the testimony from the Day Care worker was a prominent or compelling piece of testimony....

Again anyone else watching correct my errors, I'm paraphrasing here...

That is what I got out of it! She said it kind of confusing "All four men voted guilty, one woman, and one woman not guilty. The rest of us were undecided."

I had to rewind to listen again to be sure I understood the votes.

This is very interesting
Confirming informal vote on Friday. Split down middle

Foreperson said at the end of the day Friday the votes were 7 Guilty and 5 Undecided. She said no one was on the side of NG very long.

This is very interesting
Confirming informal vote on Friday. Split down middle. Might have been 1 or 2 NG, but quickly everyone was either G or Undecided.

moved gradually to 12 guilty. Then made sure they were all ok....20 mins to mull over it.

The foreperson too, is extremely well spoken. I'm impressed with the jury thought process. Great job of jury selection...

Foreperson was one of the Undecideds in the beginning.

Sounds like no one bought that pack of lies and were able to see through the B.S. Very glad the jury was able to understand that circumstantial evidence *is* evidence. There was plenty of it in this case.

She was undecided when she started deliberating. No doubt she was a great leader.

The puzzle analogy made a major difference. By Monday she was sure Guilty

The baby was her hook. She did not think a stranger would do that.

This is very interesting
Confirming informal vote on Friday. Split down middle

She clarified the split was between Guilty and Undecided. No one at the end of the day Friday was NG and only 1 was NG for only a brief bit.

I'm glad the jury bonded. This is an important event for all of them. I heard the Cooper jury bonded as well and got together afterwards at least once, if not more. I suspect some long term friendships are made going through this kind of experience.

GOOD JOB JURORS!

Thank you for your service.

His testimony at retrial probably wouldn't have helped them. Not producing what they asked for was a big factor too.

"If he had produced the shirt, if he had produced the shoes, he'd be a free man right now."

Says there were too many things he did that didn't make any sense.

Sounds like no one bought that pack of lies and were able to see through the B.S. Very glad the jury was able to understand that circumstantial evidence *is* evidence. There was plenty of it in this case.

Restores some of my faith in the jury system. It DOES work.

This is very interesting
Confirming informal vote on Friday. Split down middle. Might have been 1 or 2 NG, but quickly everyone was either G or Undecided.

Not split down middle.

4 men guilty, 1 woman guilty, 1 woman NG, the other 6 undecided.

That was their first vote on Friday.

By end of the day on Friday, the vote was 7 guilty, 5 undecided.

Foreperson says she knows no fingerprints or blood linking him to case but none pointing away from him either. She could talk for days about this case. After seeing him testify from first trial don't think it would have made a difference to her if he testified this time. CY being cleaned up was big to her. Not presenting shirt or shoes to LE was huge for her. Didn't make sense.

She clarified the split was between Guilty and Undecided. No one at the end of the day Friday was NG and only 1 was NG for only a brief bit.

this has renewed my (shattered since CA debacle) faith in the jury process

I think that when you listen to an articulate, thoughtful person talk about the deliberations, it gives you a very clear insight into what can go right or wrong with a jury.

Thanks so much to these jurors and the ones from the last trial who made this one possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong