GUILTY UK - Joanna Yeates, 25, Clifton, Bristol, 17 Dec 2010 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe if they were going to charge him any time soon they would have done it already. I think they are either going to release him - with or without bail, or extend the warrant. I would be surprised if news breaks that they have charged him tonight. JMO

I think the deadline was 7pm but they don't have to tell us then! I think the delay means they are charging him and will announce a press conference.

Or maybe they chose the smaller bedroom for privacy? The larger room has that big bay window that would be easier to see in. The plans in the Mirror article show a desk in the bay window. Would be nice to do work and look out the window. Maybe they wanted to get more use out of that big room with the nice window. I personally don't spend all that much time in my bedroom, so I might make the same choice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The lunch was a snatched 20 minute affair sharing a plate of cheesy chips - hardly a long good-bye!

But I agree entirely about the lack of contact over the wekend - most odd, in all the circumstances. And anyone who says it isn't odd...well, we live on different planets, obviously.

I guess we must live on different planets. But apparently my planet is the same one GR and JY occupied.

How many times across the land do you think the phrase "Where have you been? I've been worried sick!" gets uttered?

99 times out of a hundred, 999 out of a thousand even, JY would have walked through that door late that evening, full of apologies and a perfectly reasonable explanation for what she'd been up to all weekend - an impromptu afternoon in the pub that went on a bit, a friend in need who need a shoulder to cry on, day with the parents helping with Christmas preparations. So many reasons she could have been busy and forgotten to call Greg.

I've a feeling they're going to charge him too.

If he's been released they'll have already done it (the previous suspect was released well before announced it, presumably to allow him time to escape the press).

If there's a press conference expected I doubt they'd do that just to announce they'd been granted an extension. Normally they've been doing that up to an hour before the previous extension time was up.

I've a feeling they're going to charge him too.

If he's been released they'll have already done it (the previous suspect was released well before announced it, presumably to allow him time to escape the press).

If there's a press conference expected I doubt they'd do that just to announce they'd been granted an extension. Normally they've been doing that up to an hour before the previous extension time was up.

Is there a press conference expected?

It is directly adjacent to the bedroom in JY's flat.

Yep, with a blocked up door behind the wardrobes which, according to the previous residents, wasn't soundproofed too well.

You can use your imagination as to what sounds might carry from bedroom to bedroom.

According to Sky just now, LE can hold him until Monday morning if they choose to use the hours which are technically available to them

According to Sky just now, LE can hold him until Monday morning if they choose to use the hours which are technically available to them

...with the agreement of a magistrate. They would need to apply for a further extension.

GR is the only person in the world who has been fully ruled out as a suspect. The police went out of their way to make this clear in a way they hardly ever do.

His alibi was of a kind allowing for multi-point verification and there is no credible way that the police either forgot to verify it or got it wrong. And I don't say that because the police are infallible (they're not), but because they are not completely incompetent.

It has been pretty clear from the start that the perp who was being looked for, who fitted the facts, and who was being hinted at by those best placed to have ideas, was someone very local but not Greg. CJ, PS and VT were more or less credible candidates. MW wasn't because he too had the kind of alibi that can't be faked.

The arrest of VT has several characteristics suggesting the police have much stronger grounds for suspicion than in the case of CJ. They also have the testimony of TM which will no doubt be highly important.

They also have CJ's testimony - assuming he didn't spend 54 hours saying "no comment", which doesn't look like his style. And it may already be that CJ and VT have offered mutually exclusive defences, IYSWIM.

I, for one, would love to rule out GR.

Can you tell on what you are basing your comment that GR has been fully ruled out and that the police have made that point clear? Indeed, from my observations the police, when asked about GR, say that he is being treated as a witness.

But they never have [to my knowledge] stated categorically that he has been ruled out. I'm sure if we establish that the police have publicly addressed the issue, we can put speculation about him aside.

I am not privy to local UK press and therefore may have unwittingly missed it.

True, but they have to apply to a magistrate first to get another extension...which would then be the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle