Anthony's still selling Caylee Missing Shirts

What Bothers You About Selling the T shirts the MOST

• The fact these t shirts are possibly being distributed AT ALL

Votes: 141 43.0%
  • That there is the potential for the Anthony's to make Money?

Votes: 139 42.4%
  • Doesn't Bother Me

Votes: 48 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see this statement everywhere-respectfully, none of us know what they are concentrating on right now. BUT-they cannot lay her to rest until her mother releases Caylee's body for burial.

This has been said even by Baez,and all the media yet there are those that just arent listening.Some just want to blame CA for everything, you would think she was arrested on murder charges instead of her daughter.Sad IMO

Maybe it is KFN that is selling the shirts, not just the Anthonys, since whats-her-name actually put the ad up, right?
With the grief of finding out that Caylee is dead, having to plan the burial services and the media still trying to chase them and speculating whether they will go to jail or not, I would think the t-shirts are the LAST thing on their minds.

The checks for the shirts are to be made out to the Anthonys.
Michelle only takes orders from Cindy as to what goes on the website.
And, that brings another question to mind, The Anthonys had maintained the website themselves for several months. Why now, do they need a webmaster/site updater?

It doesn't bother me... maybe because I don't consider it any of my business, since I don't have to support them.
Regardless of what we think.... they ARE victims. They lost their grandchild. Maybe George gets a disability check, maybe Cindy is on paid leave from her job, maybe Lee is helping them out. What does it matter? JMO.

Normaly you would be correct and it might just be them collecting the money else where.However in a case like this where there is a fund involved the public has every right to know where that money is going.Regardless of them being victims or not when they opened up the fund they gave the right to the public to see what that money is use for.

Thats how I feel too.Its none of my business.I have been horrified to see people seem to be hoping their home is in foreclosure.I just do not see how this is about getting Justice for Caylee.

it's interesting that the people who should be most concerned with getting justice for Caylee are more concerned w/ selling T-Shirts stating that she is missing.
"Justice is the concept of moral rightness based on ethics, rationality, law, natural law, fairness and equity" (Wikipedia). Justice can't be served soley by our judicial system. Her family has an obligation to do what is right as well.
If I were this family I would do the following:
*I would attempt to convince my daughter and Baez that Caylee needs to be laid to rest now.
*I would come clean with LE so that I could move on with my life. Regardless of the consequences.
*I would stop using Caylee as a means for profit and try to celebrate her life.

Personally, I don't feel like it's any big deal. The shirts are only $10, it's not like they're making money off of the sales, it's probably just covering the cost. They know people have been intrigued with the case and might want the shirts, rather than just throw them away. I don't know, I'm sure I'll get creamed for saying this, but I don't really think it's so horrendous.

Heroin is illegal, of course-tshirts are not, but I get what you are saying...
IMO profiting from the murder of a child should be. I sure as heck wouldn't want funds that came directly/indirectly off the back of a murdered child (so to speak). I believe this is an ethical issue. Opinions will no doubt be polarized.

it's interesting that the people who should be most concerned with getting justice for Caylee are more concerned w/ selling T-Shirts stating that she is missing.
"Justice is the concept of moral rightness based on ethics, rationality, law, natural law, fairness and equity" (Wikipedia). Justice can't be served soley by our judicial system. Her family has an obligation to do what is right as well.
If I were this family I would do the following:
*I would attempt to convince my daughter and Baez that Caylee needs to be laid to rest now.
*I would come clean with LE so that I could move on with my life. Regardless of the consequences.
*I would stop using Caylee as a means for profit and try to celebrate her life.
Bravo! :clap::clap:

The checks for the shirts are to be made out to the Anthonys.
Michelle only takes orders from Cindy as to what goes on the website.
And, that brings another question to mind, The Anthonys had maintained the website themselves for several months. Why now, do they need a webmaster/site updater?
I guess they're busy. (yeah, ok, sure)

This has been said even by Baez,and all the media yet there are those that just arent listening.Some just want to blame CA for everything, you would think she was arrested on murder charges instead of her daughter.Sad IMO
I can't help but think they might have some influence. JB must realize how bad this looks. Obviously, he doesn't care. And his pompous statement saying he has the "grand" responsibilty of the remains just makes everyone look bad.

Sligtly OT...talk about crazy...I heard a promo for the NG show tonight...bombshell news- Anthony's attorney says (so I guess the As may be 'slightly" involved) they may have Caylee cremated because they're afraid of grave robbers. I think this case...and especially the media have gone plum nuts!!

Now the shirts are souveniors. And technically, it was always a sham, Caylee was never really missing, her mother always knew where she was. I just can't ever get the image out of my head of the very first night when LE became involved, and they suposedly emptied Kc's wallet out, and her mother snatched up all the cash she could grab. That pretty much set the tone for this whole thing, IMO. Says a lot, at least to me.
Yes, that was indeed a Kodak moment.

So, I guess MB took the Anthony's up on that volunteer Admin Asst position they were looking to fill a few months ago.
The only indication we have that people are actually looking to buy memorabilia is Michelle's word. I haven't seen any blog or website postings requesting shirts or bracelets, so MB's promotional marketing activities are at work here, IMO.

Michelle Bart, the woman who has been handling the website claims, "Since Dr. G's announcement on December 19th I have had numerous requests still for bracelets and shirts."
According to Bart, the money will go to nonprofit organizations that helped with the search for Caylee.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crim...thonys-continue-to-sell-missing-child-tshirts

Michelle Bart???? :waitasec:

This from someone who has a credibility of zero? At this point to even WANT one of those shirts is to exploit that childe even more.

Personally, I don't feel like it's any big deal. The shirts are only $10, it's not like they're making money off of the sales, it's probably just covering the cost. They know people have been intrigued with the case and might want the shirts, rather than just throw them away. I don't know, I'm sure I'll get creamed for saying this, but I don't really think it's so horrendous.
The shirts cost less than $2 each - so they are making a profit of over $8 per shirt. That's a PROFIT by any definition of the wiord. Now, they claim to be giving the money to non-profit agencies that helped with the search. So why not have the checks made out to that NON-PROFIT organization, of which I believe on TES qualifies. Why make the check out to the ANTHONYS. We only have the Anthony's word (which is worth nothing) that the money is going to non-profit organizations.

The shirts cost less than $2 each - so they are making a profit of over $8 per shirt. That's a PROFIT by any definition of the wiord. Now, they claim to be giving the money to non-profit agencies that helped with the search. So why not have the checks made out to that NON-PROFIT organization, of which I believe on TES qualifies. Why make the check out to the ANTHONYS. We only have the Anthony's word (which is worth nothing) that the money is going to non-profit organizations.

If cash or money order is sent it would be hard to trace. They could trace the money order if someone that made one complained other then that it would go under the rador. Sad but true.

What is the big deal about them still selling the shirts? They are not misrepresenting anything, if you want 1 buy it , if not don't.
JMO

Checks are not madeout to the A's

Checks payable to: Help Find Caylee Marie Anthony

The Anthony's have no idea what it's like to really Have a missing loved one, So why should I expect to see them have any understanding or compassion for what Tim Miller does for thousands of people. He honestly knows what it's like not knowing, and the anxiety, and the loneliness that goes with it. If they knew, they would be trying to help this man recover instead of driving whats left of his organization into the ground.
Marenaberryjo

Caylee Anthony case drained EquuSearch resources, leader says

Amy L. Edwards | Sentinel Staff Writer
12:50 PM EST, January 15, 2009

Equusearch

Tim Miller of Texas EquuSearch (right) sits with attorney Mark NeJame at his law office in Orlando on Wednesday, November 12, 2008. (RICARDO RAMIREZ BUXEDA, ORLANDO SENTINEL / November 12, 2008)

Tim Miller, the founder of Texas EquuSearch, has told the Orlando Sentinel that getting his group involved in the Caylee Marie Anthony case might be one of the biggest mistakes he's made for the organization.

Checks are not madeout to the A's

Checks payable to: Help Find Caylee Marie Anthony

And Caylee has been found.

We can no longer comment about the HFCMA fund. Anyone that has been following Websluths since July knows why.

What has an appearance of innocence to the newcomers, is an absolute outrage to those who participated in following the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong