FL - Casey Anthony prosecutor Jeff Ashton to defend son in DUI case

GUILTY!

Jeff Ashton's son Alexander Ashton has been found guilty of drunken driving, and sentenced to a year of probation and six months without a license.

"You have to be sure and confident, there has to be no doubt in your mind," Jeff Ashton said. "We want you to draw your conclusion on what happened that night. Deputy Loride would like you to just rubber-stamp this."

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/trial-ongoing-casey-anthony-prosecutor-jeff-ashton/nH6jf/

Totally couch quarterbacking here, but I think JA should have hired someone and gone for a plea. Especially if you have a bad video, as the news article indicates.

GUILTY!

Jeff Ashton's son Alexander Ashton has been found guilty of drunken driving, and sentenced to a year of probation and six months without a license.

"You have to be sure and confident, there has to be no doubt in your mind," Jeff Ashton said. "We want you to draw your conclusion on what happened that night. Deputy Loride would like you to just rubber-stamp this."

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/trial-ongoing-casey-anthony-prosecutor-jeff-ashton/nH6jf/

Good, glad to see a guilty verdict. I've lost all respect for Ashton after watching the video. It's disgusting that he would stoop to that level and malign the officer who could have saved his drunken son's life or someone innocently driving on the same road. He's arrogant too.

I hope he does not win his campaign for SA.

IMO

Good, glad to see a guilty verdict. I've lost all respect for Ashton after watching the video. It's disgusting that he would stoop to that level and malign the officer who could have saved his drunken son's life or someone innocently driving on the same road. He's arrogant too.

I hope he does not win his campaign for SA.

IMO

At the end of the day, he is a lawyer. Isn't this what most lawyers do, stoop to a level to clear their client, no matter the offense?

At the end of the day, he is a lawyer. Isn't this what most lawyers do, stoop to a level to clear their client, no matter the offense?

I guess....I just thought so many years as a prosecutor might have rubbed off some morals or something...that whole "not embarrassed, why would I be"* thing really made my stomach churn. the whole "if you dont like it, unfriend me"* thing...well, so I did.

** not a perfect quote, dont beat me.

According to JA, the sentence his son recieved was exactly the same sentence he was offered in a plea deal before the trail, which they turned down.

Totally couch quarterbacking here, but I think JA should have hired someone and gone for a plea. Especially if you have a bad video, as the news article indicates.

Uh, no. Most lawyers try to do act in the best interests of their client while remaining within the ethical bounds of the profession.

According to JA, the sentence his son recieved was exactly the same sentence he was offered in a plea deal before the trail, which they turned down.

But that was with JA representing him - they couldn't be as flexible because it's perceived as him using his position. Had someone else been representing his son, they might have been able to work a better plea, because it wouldn't have been looked upon as favoritism as much.

I'm not a fan of drunk drivers....he's lucky he didn't kill some family out for the evening.

"Jeff Ashton's son, Alexander Ashton, blew twice the legal limit in a breathalyzer test, but the results got thrown out because the device is considered unreliable.

Alexander Ashton stumbled trying to hold up his leg during a field sobriety test last October in Longwood.

When asked if he was embarrassed by the incident, Jeff Ashton said, "No, not at all. I wouldn't be talking to you about this if I was. I would not be representing him in that courtroom, representing him right now."

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/jeff-ashton-defend-son-dui-case/nHb5F/

are the local media continually broadcasting photos of JA's son partying? I bet not?

I can already see it: Imperfect Justice II; Defending Alexander. I wonder if either Jeff or Alexander will be laughing during this trial? Or if Jeff will throw his son under the bus to garner votes?

JA did snicker a lot during the other trial

p.s. I loved that title of his book.

hello! I am so new to this website. I want to ask a lawyer if Casey can be tried in federal court for making chloroform and causing the death of her daughter. It was found in her car trunk, in HIGH concentrations and so was the smell of death. One lawyer did answer and said, "we don't know that Casey made chloroform." Well, she did search on how to make it, and on and on. Thanks

Welcome! :) I'm not a lawyer so I can't answer the legal aspect of your question :) I think this thread is only about a side-issue, one of the prosecutors' son's legal case, but if you post your question on the main Caylee thread someone will definitely be able to tell you :) Regarding Casey researching how to make chloroform, they found out there was an error in the computer analysis. What she'd looked at repeatedly on the computer was a picture one of her friends had on his myspace. The picture showed a man about to date-drug a woman with a chloroform-soaked rag. This was a person she and Caylee had been staying with frequently (and his two roommates) prior to Caylee's disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back