NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's always going to be one more isn't there?

Yes unfortunately there will be, unless we can find a way to stop it. :banghead:

I wonder if we can have a thread/forum for discussions on how to help STOP this.:waitasec:

More on what are the warning signs, what needs fixing in the system (practical ideas not just rubbishing) and petitions for ways to make the system healthier.:truce:

JMO

Sorry has taken me for ever to get this posted darn internet lol

When I had my first period I went to my Dad, not my mom for help.

I would not have mentioned puberty either but only a complete statement by AB will shed more light on the 911 call.

I am still on the fence about AB...perhaps only because the idea of him harming or disposing of his own child seems so utterly horrific to me!

Still, how many ppl start considering 'moods' when making a 911 call...about an abducted child?????????

Sure didn't seem to bother AB to talk about it. In fact, he seemed to find the topic rather amusing. Just sayin'.

But anyway, I'm not suggesting that EB didn't have more of a hand in dealing with puberty issues than AB did (if, in fact, there even WAS any begining stages of puberty, and I'm not at all convinced there was). I simply saying that the what, when and why of what he said on the phone to 911 operator sat wrong with me. That's all.

It could also be considered a nervous laugh because of the topic. But the question is why did he feel the need to explain to the 911 operator why he hadn't seen his daughter since Thursday? That is what the issue is about that statement to me.

The whole call sounds like he is talking to a detective at the scene and not the 911 operator who's only interest is to get the reason for the call, the crucial information and to get someone there.

But then I didn't think that operator handled the call all that well either. She didn't really ask him anything about Zahra. Do you think it's because he was confusing her?

MOO

So, the grandmother was responsible for much of Zahra's upbringing. Regardless of what EB was, that does not explain to me why AB could not have taken a simple postcard and sent to Mom in Australia to let her know where they were and how to stay in touch with Zahra. Not considerate of Mom or Zahra. According to the letter from Zahra's friend from Camp Quality the grandmother said they had not been in contact. AB could make contact without EB knowing. Seems a mean thing to do but all just my opinion.

This maybe the light used in the the pictures at the house interesting it detects blood that has been painted over I think that they painted and that is why they took paint brushes as evidence

I am trade qualified as a vehicle painter, not house painting but something with the color red is it bleeds through other colors and usually needs sealing with a solid base coat usually black. Also any contaminates usually bleed through the paint too. I am looking at my internal house walls now and can see wipe marks under the paint where the preparation had not been done properly.

If the house had been painted the layers beneath the top coat can be seen just by feathering the top coat layers. Even sanding the surface with contaminates on it will just dig the contaminates in deeper.

I'm back! I had to stay away because DH was feeling neglected and beginning to think that I was obsessed!

I was hoping that today was going to bring some closure after all the evidence collected on Thursday!

DAMN!

But I truly feel that LE has known from day 1 what happenned to poor little Zahra. They are being meticulous and we have to admire them for that.

xx

I still think EB told them what happened to Zahra and that she was deceased. Well her version anyway.

If you just consider how well these detectives interrogate these people, and you think of EB's penchant for attention, lying and tall tales (bounty hunter, shot cop, Daughtry songwriter etc) can you imagine her just sitting there saying nothing other than "okay yeah I wrote the note now get me a lawyer"?

MOO

I agree with your last sentence. I think she was in complete control in their house. I think she abused Z and AB and I think AB was afraid of her and didn't dare question her.

That's very possible. We have a really good male friend and his wife is an abuser (in my mind). We don't have anything to do with her and she hates us but this lady has beat her husband and this guy is no wimp. He just takes her crap. I keep telling him he needs to leave her BUT he say's he'd lose half of his livelyhood. Who cares?? I mean really, kick her to the curb! My husband and this guy and a few other guys went over to Gander Mountain today and he bought a rifle and guess where it's at?? Here at our house because he can't take it home. She fights with him everyday. How can people live like that?

EB reminds me of our friends wife. One crazy personality!

I tend to agree with this, not that I'm excusing the Dad but I agree about the puberty part of it and the stepmom.

If a statement sits wrong with me, I try to break down why it sits wrong with me. 95% of the time, I discover that the answer to that question is because someone offers information that goes way beyond what is being asked, or what is truly relevent. Isolate that comment from the others, and you are sometimes able to zero in on reasons why that info might have been added. "We woke up...my dog woke me up"...why not just leave it at "We woke up"? The added info seems to be inserted to establish that AB had a perfectly reasonable explaination handy for why he woke up and discovered the fire. All that added info about Zahra and puberty...way beyond anything anyone was asking. So why would it be inserted? To reasonably explain why he hadn't seen her (does he feel guilty?), or as a convenient cover should blood be found on her mattress?

Those are just the kinds of things that don't sit right with me...that's all I was trying to convey.

Yes unfortunately there will be, unless we can find a way to stop it. :banghead:

I wonder if we can have a thread/forum for discussions on how to help STOP this.:waitasec:

More on what are the warning signs, what needs fixing in the system (practical ideas not just rubbishing) and petitions for ways to make the system healthier.:truce:

JMO

Sorry has taken me for ever to get this posted darn internet lol

Sadly this has been going on since the dawn of man. The history of humans is horrid.

When are they going to charge EB, AB or both with capital murder? I mean it is ruled a homicide, it is clear she wasn't kidnapped, nobody has seen her and even the legal guardians own statement shows they were the last to see her (even if that timeline is off) They should have enough to CHARGE someone now!

I truly believe that the Hickory Police and the FBI know EXACTLY what they are doing!
They are not speaking much, but are very active and seem to know what they are looking for.

I think EB and AB have stopped 'cooperating', so the evidence will have to speak for little Zahra. :(

When are they going to charge EB, AB or both with capital murder? I mean it is ruled a homicide, it is clear she wasn't kidnapped, nobody has seen her and even the legal guardians own statement shows they were the last to see her (even if that timeline is off) They should have enough to CHARGE someone now!

Monday!!

Sorry - this case has me frazzled and I worded that question poorly. LE had stated for some time they needed a time line, they appeared not to have any evidence Zahra had lived in that house - that is why I have questions concerning wether or not LE found anything with her scent for the dogs to use.

Locals said there were fabric remains left from the fire. I think it is safe to assume LE is not tearing up that yard searching for just "whatever" - IMO they are looking for "evidence of a crime" and possibly "evidence of human remains".

If the fabric was any of Zahra's linens that were on the bed she possibly died on and had prolonged contact with after death (say 12 to 24 + hours) or clothing that she had on at the time of death - would the dogs pick up on the scent of decomp after the fabric sat in mulch and went thru a fire? Or would the scent from the fire and/or mulch override the original odors in the soiled fabric?

The mattress found in the land fill - after three weeks covered by "whatever" - is there any possibility of using it for the scent? Or is the value as evidence going to be if this was where Zahra possibly died and could have evidence she bled out from a head wound or decomp if she was left on it for a number of hours after death?

If Zahra's clothing had been washed and as it appears, the mattress she slept on was removed - so it is possible the mattress found in the home was one that Zahra never had any contact with - where else would LE find something unique to Zahra to give the dogs her scent? Communal furniture that anyone in the home had used would not work - or will it?

I have read several news articles that say LE has been able to confirm that Zahra did indeed make the move to this house with the family.

I am still on the fence about AB...perhaps only because the idea of him harming or disposing of his own child seems so utterly horrific to me!

Still, how many ppl start considering 'moods' when making a 911 call...about an abducted child?????????

Perhaps people who've been convincing themselves that lies they've been told are true--but realize just how implausible they really are now that they're actually hearing them out loud?

JMOO

Well my eyes are very sleepy and I have been looking at the screen most of the day so I'm calling it a night.

A soul as strong as Zahra's will never give up and move on until the truth is known. May she lead LE to the answers they seek.

Good night everyone.

Sorry - this case has me frazzled and I worded that question poorly. LE had stated for some time they needed a time line, they appeared not to have any evidence Zahra had lived in that house - that is why I have questions concerning wether or not LE found anything with her scent for the dogs to use.

Locals said there were fabric remains left from the fire. I think it is safe to assume LE is not tearing up that yard searching for just "whatever" - IMO they are looking for "evidence of a crime" and possibly "evidence of human remains".

If the fabric was any of Zahra's linens that were on the bed she possibly died on and had prolonged contact with after death (say 12 to 24 + hours) or clothing that she had on at the time of death - would the dogs pick up on the scent of decomp after the fabric sat in mulch and went thru a fire? Or would the scent from the fire and/or mulch override the original odors in the soiled fabric?

The mattress found in the land fill - after three weeks covered by "whatever" - is there any possibility of using it for the scent? Or is the value as evidence going to be if this was where Zahra possibly died and could have evidence she bled out from a head wound or decomp if she was left on it for a number of hours after death?

If Zahra's clothing had been washed and as it appears, the mattress she slept on was removed - so it is possible the mattress found in the home was one that Zahra never had any contact with - where else would LE find something unique to Zahra to give the dogs her scent? Communal furniture that anyone in the home had used would not work - or will it?

If dogs were brought in to track her scent (not cadaver dogs), then they wouldn't need a mattress for that. Everyone wears shoes, and they aren't washed on a weekly basis. It's also cool out now...sweaters, jackets, things of that nature. There would have been a number of Zahra's personal items scent could be obtained from...and if LE couldn't locate a single object for that, I'm absolutely sure red flags would have been flying left and right. KWIM?

It could also be considered a nervous laugh because of the topic. But the question is why did he feel the need to explain to the 911 operator why he hadn't seen his daughter since Thursday? That is what the issue is about that statement to me.

The whole call sounds like he is talking to a detective at the scene and not the 911 operator who's only interest is to get the reason for the call, the crucial information and to get someone there.

But then I didn't think that operator handled the call all that well either. She didn't really ask him anything about Zahra. Do you think it's because he was confusing her?

MOO

I'm thinking he called his boss and asked him what to do and his boss told him to call 911 and tell them everything. I really think the man was at a loss - he was rambling, trying to give them every thing he knew. I just think he didn't know what else to do. I could be wrong, but I will repeat, I'm just not sure that he is as guilty as many feel he is and I never have felt like he was.

I think I'm seriously about 10 threads behind in this case. Has it been confirmed that the prosthetic leg LE found is Zahras?

So, the grandmother was responsible for much of Zahra's upbringing. Regardless of what EB was, that does not explain to me why AB could not have taken a simple postcard and sent to Mom in Australia to let her know where they were and how to stay in touch with Zahra. Not considerate of Mom or Zahra. According to the letter from Zahra's friend from Camp Quality the grandmother said they had not been in contact. AB could make contact without EB knowing. Seems a mean thing to do but all just my opinion.

But I seriously doubt grandma could make contact with Z without EB knowing. I think AB was afraid of EB. We see now that this has happened and EB is locked away that grandma is here.

I'm thinking he called his boss and asked him what to do and his boss told him to call 911 and tell them everything. I really think the man was at a loss - he was rambling, trying to give them every thing he knew. I just think he didn't know what else to do. I could be wrong, but I will repeat, I'm just not sure that he is as guilty as many feel he is and I never have felt like he was.

I agree with your comment.

Z was his baby. If AB was a sadistic killer he would have probably done more than run EB's family member off the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb