17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I see pictures of George volunteering with children and I see the organization he volunteered for... I may waiver a little bit. The whole thing about George passing out flyers after the Collison case, the timing of that information, is suspect at best. If that were true, it would have been revealed a lot sooner... like when it was revealed that he mentored black children.

This same information came from the same person who was adament, at the very beginning, that George had NEVER followed Trayvon at all.

MOO

You think photos are being faked now?

I agree, but given his tenuous circumstances, is it possible his lawyer has him gagged as to anything that might appear to those who already assume him guilty as a confession? In other words, if somehow he is totally cleared and the fury from that dies down and he gives an interview to 60 Minutes and expresses remorse, regrets ever getting out of the truck, swears off guns...would that suffice?

Ultimately, I agree his affect is off from what I would expect, but when watching crime shows with my wife, we've learned the obvious criminal isn't always THE criminal.

If his lawyer has that kind of power over what's on the site he would have advised GZ better (IMO) if he'd forbidden the site altogether.

There were some comments that seemed like the lawyer wasn't quite happy with the site.

You think photos are being faked now?

No, but if you volunteer to mentor children, there is usually pictures with the volunteer and the children. To mentor children, it's usually through a church or an organization. That way, the can make sure the children are safe with these mentors.

I haven't seen any pictures of George with the children he had mentored. That is what I am saying and the reason I find it suspect.

MOO

ETA: What I am saying is that I do not believe George mentored children and I do not believe he passed out flyers during the Collison case. MOO

His family tells stories of him volunteering with Black children, and he was the lone hispanic man posting flyers in protest when a Black man was killed by a cop the year prior.

I don't think a racist would do either of those things.

I would like to hear the story from GZ's mouth.

No previous history of racial profiling? No previous history of saying racial slurs?

Just curious, how would you or any of us know this, especially the no history of saying racial slurs part?

That seems like kind of a stretch. How do you know he hasn't or doesn't use racial slurs?

And there are those who may disagree about the profiling with all of his many 911 calls.

JMHO

I would like to hear the story from GZ's mouth.

I don't want to hear what George has to say now... I want to see what he was saying the night of the shooting. Bring on the written statement/the recorded interview/and the walk-through they did the next day.

Then we can hear what he has to say... now.

MOO

GZ had a license to carry, I didn't think it was confirmed that he was officially on NW duty when this occurred. I don't know that GZ was still following him either. I'm back to why TM attacked GZ in the first place ? If GZ had been following him that closely, TM would have known that GZ was on the phone with LE. Why didn't TM just wait for the cops to show up to report this injustice ? Unless he wanted to show GZ who the real man was ?

There is no evidence available yet that indicates TM attacked GZ first.

Clearly, from any point along that "back sidewalk", TM had the available time to walk or run to his home provided he was not stopped.

Since I have been asked a reasonable question and have responded in kind, I would also like to ask a question which will explain, at least for myself, a great skepticism for the events of that evening as told by GZ and his agents.

On April 4th, Robert Zimmerman and both of GZ's attorneys were interviewed on the Sean Hannity show. The following image is the route described as GZ having taken and the sequence of events they say happened between the starting point of being told by the 911 dispatcher "We do not need you to do that", and the end point of GZ supposedly being brutally beaten by TM.

According to the transcript at:

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hanni...ns-father-defends-son-trayvon-martin-shooting

The sequence and travel path are as follows:

TMPath-1.png

Now to a couple of questions.

-We know that GZ got out of his vehicle at point (1) to begin this walk at [2:08] into the 911 call. We have all heard even the door opening pings as he exits the vehicle.

-We also know that the 911 dispatcher told GZ "we don't need you to do that" at [2:26] into the call which was 16 seconds after GZ started to follow TM. At a well document 3 mph walk rate for an adult male, in 16 seconds, he would have walked 80 feet to arrive at point (2).

-We are being told that he continued walking straight ahead to the next street over at point (3) where he obtained an address.

-We are then told that GZ started walking back to his vehicle until he reached the point where the sidewalks meet at point (4) to be brutally beaten by TM.

Since the above post to which I'm commenting apparently has some level of experience with time/distance calculations, I would like to ask two questions.

(a) Please feel free to double check in any scaled map reference that's preferred, but Google Earth plots the distance travelled from point (2) to point (4) as 243 feet.

I couldn't help but notice that in analyzing TM's walk rate to his residence, a rate of 4 minutes per quarter of a mile was applied. Lets apply the same rate to this 243 feet and see how long it would have taken GZ to travel.

.25 miles = 1,320 feet divided by 4 = 330 feet per minute. Since GZ only walked 243 feet, a quick ratio calculation tells us that the total time for GZ to go from point (2) to his brutal beating at point (4) would be 45 seconds.

If we add this time of 45 seconds to his KNOWN beginning time of [2:26] into the 911 call, we are being told that George Zimmerman was being brutally beaten at [3:11], right?

My first question....How was George Zimmerman able to retain his composure enough to continue to carry on his 911 call through this brutal attack in light of the fact that the call lasted four minutes and seven seconds?

My last question....Since GZ has claimed justification in killing an unarmed 17 year old boy by pulling out his pistol and firing one shot into his chest, while being beaten at the point his father tells us the attack happened, how did the body wind up 100 feet away per SPD and SFD at point (5)?

-

Crazy! What was the time lapse: end of GZ's call to 911 to shot fired?

No, but if you volunteer to mentor children, there is usually pictures with the volunteer and the children. To mentor children, it's usually through a church or an organization. That way, the can make sure the children are safe with these mentors.

I haven't seen any pictures of George with the children he had mentored. That is what I am saying and the reason I find it suspect.

MOO

ETA: What I am saying is that I do not believe George mentored children and I do not believe he passed out flyers during the Collison case. MOO

OK NM, I thought there were actual photos of him volunteering with kids.

<modsnip>

Do we know how many times Trayvon has visited this community? Has it ever crossed our minds that maybe, while being scared and trying to get away from Zimmerman, Trayvon became disoriented? I've accidentally walked into other people's houses (more than once) when I had just moved to that location. It can take a while to get used to. Especially when all the homes looked exactly alike.

yes exactly! I thought this from the beginning, GZ said Trayvon was looking around, even if Trayvon had been there before he could have lost.

I agree, but given his tenuous circumstances, is it possible his lawyer has him gagged as to anything that might appear to those who already assume him guilty as a confession? In other words, if somehow he is totally cleared and the fury from that dies down and he gives an interview to 60 Minutes and expresses remorse, regrets ever getting out of the truck, swears off guns...would that suffice?

Ultimately, I agree his affect is off from what I would expect, but when watching crime shows with my wife, we've learned the obvious criminal isn't always THE criminal.

I agree that things are not always what they seem and await the findings of the investigation. However, to acknowledge the grieving family would go a long way. If his lawyers have advised him to appear callous and self serving he is following them remarkably well.

Concerned Papa: Re your post #549, can you tell us approximately where TM was when GZ first spotted him or was seeing him while on the phone with the non emergency number. I wonder if GZ was told to stop calling 911!

OK NM, I thought there were actual photos of him volunteering with kids.

I know a lot of people who mentor children and they have pictures galore of them with the children. They're very proud of what they do and they are very proud of the children they mentor.

I personally do not think he mentored children? Maybe he went fishing with Joe Oliver and his children (if he has any??) and he considers that mentoring?

MOO

TM wasn't doing anything illegal so why, why, WHY should he have been suspicious?
Makes no sense to me.

How many times did GZ call 911 to report the emergency of seeing a white teen outside doing nothing but walking?

So suspicion requires an illegal act? For me, it's out of the ordinary behavior that creates suspicion. Any person milling around in the rain at dark, looking at houses and not making a bee line for home would arouse suspicion for me, though likely not enough to call police. But then we haven't had burglaries here lately. When we had a spate of beer thefts from garage fridges last summer, I might've inquired myself.

Don't know that answer as fact? Do you know how many white teens have been walking in the rain at dark, looking at houses in his tenure there?

yes exactly! I thought this from the beginning, GZ said Trayvon was looking around, even if Trayvon had been there before he could have lost.

Well good grief, it's a wonder I am still alive. Can't tell you how many complexes I've been to as a home health nurse and stood in the parking area looking around trying to get my bearings. What a chance I was taking!

I agree that things are not always what they seem and await the findings of the investigation. However, to acknowledge the grieving family would go a long way. If his lawyers have advised him to appear callous and self serving he is following them remarkably well.

I'm sure if he did that, Their lawyer would blast him for not being sincere enough. JMO.

Their lawyer seems to blast him for everything else.

I'm sure if he did that, Their lawyer would blast him for not being sincere enough. JMO.

Their lawyer seems to blast him for everything else.

Not sure GZ's lawyers have even met GZ yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77