British student murdered in Perugia, 3 suspects

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how you request links but never provide any....

I don't have a link, it was said on to CNN via telephone from Washington State by AK's Aunt shortly after the verdict was read. This is why I said and stressed that it was alleged. Obviously, I'm not the only one who heard it, since Brwni alluded to it, as well.

Hmmmmmm.....I'm guessing just about most of the outlandish crap that the media reported on besides the 2 shopkeeps whose allegations you hold in such high regard. After all, who had access to her prison diary? Crime Scene photos, witness/suspect testimony?...The list of what was leaked to the press goes on and on and on. They said they have her on CCT at 8:43 that night but that has never been confirmed, to my knowledge. The crazy text sent to the wrong person predicting Meredith's death, turns out to be a Meredith from a medical drama on tv. From the beginning, information was leaked but rarely backed up, IMHO. It's quite obvious.

I see..it was alleged by Amandas family that are getting charged with defamation. What a shock that is.

I would assume her prison diary was discussed in court. Likewise it was discussed in court what the shop keepers had to say so im still not sure what the cops supposedly leaked.

Thank you for posting these, arie. I had just finished watching LKL again on U-verse when I saw that you had posted these transcripts. All I could think when I heard this interview, both times, was everything they were saying could be easily verified by court documents. Because of this, I find it very hard to believe that they would make these wild claims if they weren't true. They aren't stupid people by any stretch of the word's meaning, my gosh!

They arent stupid and yet there are getting sued..and still they continue to trash the Italian police. I sit here wondering when they will ever learn.

They are talking about moving to Italy and getting jobs to be near Amanda. I cant help thinking..just who they think will employ the parents of a convicted murderer who have done nothing but trash there police force and country.

As for everything being true they said cos it can be backed up in court records..well from what ive read several things they said were lies..making its where there daughter gets it from.

JMO.

I see..it was alleged by Amandas family that are getting charged with defamation. What a shock that is.

They may be getting sued for defamation, but that doesn't mean those suing will win their suit. Also, it hasn't stopped them from telling their side of the story and the way they see the facts.

I would assume her prison diary was discussed in court. Likewise it was discussed in court what the shop keepers had to say so im still not sure what the cops supposedly leaked.

Most of the information I mentioned was in press before the trial so I'm not sure what you mean.

They arent stupid and yet there are getting sued..and still they continue to trash the Italian police. I sit here wondering when they will ever learn.

My guess is they keep talking because they know they've done nothing wrong. Still, I don't see them as being stupid people in any kind of way.

They are talking about moving to Italy and getting jobs to be near Amanda. I cant help thinking..just who they think will employ the parents of a convicted murderer who have done nothing but trash there police force and country.

I'm sure they'll get along fine. They've survived there this long and obviously they don't view Italy as their enemy. Their only problem is with the prosecution as far as I can tell.

As for everything being true they said cos it can be backed up in court records..well from what ive read several things they said were lies..making its where there daughter gets it from.

JMO.

I didn't say everything they said IS true, I just said that it would be easily verified with court documents.
Links to these lies you mention, please? Greatly appreciated and TIA.

They may be getting sued for defamation, but that doesn't mean those suing will win their suit. Also, it hasn't stopped them from telling their side of the story and the way they see the facts.

Most of the information I mentioned was in press before the trial so I'm not sure what you mean.

Lol the way they see the facts?

what a pity its not the way the facts were heard in court ;)

From reading the parents comments its easy to see where there daughter gets it from.

JMO

My guess is they keep talking because they know they've done nothing wrong. Still, I don't see them as being stupid people in any kind of way.

I'm sure they'll get along fine. They've survived there this long and obviously they don't view Italy as their enemy. Their only problem is with the prosecution as far as I can tell.

I didn't say everything they said IS true, I just said that it would be easily verified with court documents.
Links to these lies you mention, please? Greatly appreciated and TIA.

Actually her parents have been going back and forwards but now they are supposedly going there permanently. They have also claimed they will never get a fair trial in Peruglia.

And yes people can be sued for defamation. Just look at the bloggers that have been in the Virgie Arthur case (tho different country of course).

As for the links to there lies..if you had read this thread you would know where the lies are in my opinion.

Lol the way they see the facts?

what a pity its not the way the facts were heard in court ;)

From reading the parents comments its easy to see where there daughter gets it from.

JMO

I'm sure you have the ability to determine from my post that what I meant was the way they saw the facts play out in court.

>>snipped<<
And yes people can be sued for defamation. Just look at the bloggers that have been in the Virgie Arthur case (tho different country of course)

:waitasec: I don't recall saying that people can't be sued for defamation. Where'd you get that? I said that just because they are being sued it doesn't mean those suing will be successful in their lawsuit and the reason they keep talking is probably because they feel they have done nothing wrong. Not the same thing as saying they can't be sued. Obviously, I know they can.

As for the links to there lies..if you had read this thread you would know where the lies are in my opinion.

I have read this thread and yes, your opinion. Doesn't really prove anything, however. IMO

I'm sure you have the ability to determine from my post that what I meant was the way they saw the facts play out in court.

:waitasec: I don't recall saying that people can't be sued for defamation. Where'd you get that? I said that just because they are being sued it doesn't mean those suing will be successful in their lawsuit and the reason they keep talking is probably because they feel they have done nothing wrong. Not the same thing as saying they can't be sued. Obviously, I know they can.

I have read this thread and yes, your opinion. Doesn't really prove anything, however. IMO

Of course it doesnt :) But i think anyone who had followed this case would know that her parents arent telling the truth about what happened in court.

JMO

QUOTE]
And quite interesting "facts" her family and friends have all been giving; obviously biased, but still keen on drinking the "Amanda Kool-Aid!!" If that's what it takes to get you through the day - tell yourself whatever then - keep on appearing on national television and saying whatever you think sounds peachy...just remember family - you'll weren't there either (as you allege AK wasn't - ha!)

Sadly, at the end of the day, a beautiful young girl is not going home to her family...surely AK could have given this "friend" of hers some courtesy and respect - telling the truth may be a stranger to her, but it's not to who really matters.

BTW, all that smiling - friends of AK explaining that as her trying to be strong - I could see that w/ maybe a quick "forced smile," but a wide toothy grin kinda makes you wonder if she's schizophrenic or not - thus she would NOT know truth from fiction...

As for those of you who think this was character assasination or because Italians despise Americans - in this country (US), it would have been an open-and-shut, slam-dunk case...we may never know the truth...if it was your loved one brutally murdered and this was one of the defendants, honestly what would your reaction be to her strange behaviour? You'd, of course, be the loudest voice in the crowd demanding justice...alas, facts whisper when fiction roars in your ears... :-(

Btw to the people who say why didnt Guede say Amanda was there if she was..

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo...s_Amanda_Knox_Argued_With_Victim_Before_Death

OH! And suddenly Guede is credible? IIRC, he changed his own story quite a few times, which, if I'm understanding you correctly, is one of things that has you so convinced of A&R's guilt. That's strange. :waitasec: What's the difference?

It's also worth mentioning that Guede's first stories did not include Amanda, and according to her parents, LE obtained and the court has documentation of a wire-tapped phone conversation between Guede and one of his friends where he emphatically denies AK's presence during the crime.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0912/07/lkl.01.html

KING: We have a third person, the Ivory Coast immigrant named Rudy Guede, who was convicted of Meredith's murder earlier in the year in a separate trial. Although police say he implicated Amanda, he declined to testify. After he declined to testify, the prosecution tried to have transcripts of his interrogation introduced. The motion was denied. What do you make of his involvement in all of this?

MELLAS: You know, it's interesting. Because we do know what was admitted of his. We know that his DNA is all over the room, in the victim's blood, on the victim's body. His footprints are in her blood all over the room. His DNA is in her purse. After the crime, he all of a sudden had money that he didn't have earlier in the day. He went out partying, and then he fled the country. And we know also -- and what was admitted in Amanda's trial -- the only thing that really was admitted -- was that when he was on the run and the police were secretly wiretapping him and he was talking to a friend of his, the friend said, you know, they think Amanda was there. And he goes, oh, I know who Amanda is and she was absolutely not there.

KING: Curiouser and curiouser. Back with more after this.

You got that right, Larry.

OH! And suddenly Guede is credible? IIRC, he changed his own story quite a few times, which, if I'm understanding you correctly, is one of things that has you so convinced of A&R's guilt. That's strange. :waitasec: What's the difference?

It's also worth mentioning that Guede's first stories did not include Amanda, and according to her parents, LE obtained and the court has documentation of a wire-tapped phone conversation between Guede and one of his friends where he emphatically denies AK's presence during the crime.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0912/07/lkl.01.html

KING: We have a third person, the Ivory Coast immigrant named Rudy Guede, who was convicted of Meredith's murder earlier in the year in a separate trial. Although police say he implicated Amanda, he declined to testify. After he declined to testify, the prosecution tried to have transcripts of his interrogation introduced. The motion was denied. What do you make of his involvement in all of this?

MELLAS: You know, it's interesting. Because we do know what was admitted of his. We know that his DNA is all over the room, in the victim's blood, on the victim's body. His footprints are in her blood all over the room. His DNA is in her purse. After the crime, he all of a sudden had money that he didn't have earlier in the day. He went out partying, and then he fled the country. And we know also -- and what was admitted in Amanda's trial -- the only thing that really was admitted -- was that when he was on the run and the police were secretly wiretapping him and he was talking to a friend of his, the friend said, you know, they think Amanda was there. And he goes, oh, I know who Amanda is and she was absolutely not there.

KING: Curiouser and curiouser. Back with more after this.

You got that right, Larry.

I am sorry but as ive already said. I now know where Amanda got the ability to lie so well.

For the record..i have said i firmly believe Guede is involved. Like i firmly believe that Amanda is involved. Guede had issues and was afraid Amanda would frame him so he asked for a fast track trial. I figure he confessed she was there because he was fed up of being the only one to take the can while little Miss Smily kept trying to get out of it.

In all fairness, Amanda knew Meredith for all of about 2-3months tops. Is she supposed to remain under a black veil in mourning for the rest of her days for a person she knew for no more than 2 menstrual cycles? I would be sad and distressed, yes, if someone I had grown close to over a short period of time had been taken in such a horrific way in the house we lived in together, but I wouldn't be so devastated that I would be a lump of nothing lying on the floor unable to compose myself. Especially not by the time public court appearances came around. I'm not saying her behavior was acceptable or unacceptable, after. I am saying that people's reactions to certain events differ from person to person. Just because she wasn't visibly emotional it doesn't mean she wasn't dealing with emontions inwardly and it doesn't make her a murderer. JMO. Amanda may just be the type that disconnects herself from an alarming situation. Many do. I do. She may smile when nervous and under pressure. Many do. I don't.

I think MOST people...having lived with someone for 2 or 3 months..would be a sight more distressed than she was. Not only would i be distressed I would be worried that someone had been in my home and possibly had any of my personal items and most of all i would be scared he could come after me.

Whatever way you look at it...by most peoples standards her behaviour would be classed as abnormal.

Thank you for posting these, arie. I had just finished watching LKL again on U-verse when I saw that you had posted these transcripts. All I could think when I heard this interview, both times, was everything they were saying could be easily verified by court documents. Because of this, I find it very hard to believe that they would make these wild claims if they weren't true. They aren't stupid people by any stretch of the word's meaning, my gosh!
They don't have to be stupid to be arrogant, just like Scott Peterson's parents or the Anthonys! One thing I know is a lie in these transcripts, is that Raf didn't download the movie Amalie on his computer and that has been verified. All these parents are doing is re-spouting Amanda's lies. Just because it's the parents saying them, doesn't make them true.

I never said that what her parents said IS true. I just said I don't think they would be irresponsible or foolish enough to make these claims when they can be easily verified via court documents. I mean, if it comes out in the end that what they are saying never happened, what will they say then? It just doesn't make sense that they would make stuff up in regards to the court proceedings. It's all documented.

ETA: AK's parents say it has been verfied that they did DL movies. So which experts are telling the truth? The conflicts of evidence in this case don't bother you, Linas?

I never said that what her parents said IS true. I just said I don't think they would be irresponsible or foolish enough to make these claims when they can be easily verified via court documents. I mean, if it comes out in the end that what they are saying never happened, what will they say then? It just doesn't make sense that they would make stuff up in regards to the court proceedings. It's all documented.

As Linask said..it has been documented that the BF was NOT downloading films that night. It was after being confronted by the police with that information that he then said he didnt know where Amanda had spent the night.

ETA: AK's parents say it has been verfied that they did DL movies. So which experts are telling the truth? The conflicts of evidence in this case don't bother you, Linas?

Ok putting this another way..does it not bother you that when he was told they knew he wasnt really downloading the film that he changed his story about Amanda being with him?

Was Amanda's jail diary ever released to the public? If so.. would someone be kind enough to provide me with a link? Tia either way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong