Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean caught!!

As I posted in another thread regarding Marines serving jury duty:
Regarding Marines on jury duty: Most service members exercise the option the law allows them to register in their home of record state. This would preclude them from ever being in the jury pool... and I am not sure even if they were registered there if they would be required to serve... I suspect that they would be excused because of their affiliation with the Corps, and the same might apply for their spouses...
Even though the "jury of your peers" should be including Marines...
The important thing here is that in the event of Courts Martial, it would be enlisted Marines who would be on the panel.

However, I suspect that it would be a necessity to have a change of venue, although, not sure where that should be since the press has been wide spread... but I run into people all the time that have never heard of the case, or certainly have not heard anything since they found the Vics, so I reckon that they would be able to find a pool of jurists who also have not followed the case as much as this fine group of Sleuths!

Steadfast, Love is blind..and in Christina's case.....it is a hundred times magnfied. I think she didn't notice anything because the painting had previously been planned..it wasn't so much f a spur of the moment thing, I don't think. The moving of the swingset and the dog...I can't say I would become suspicious abouit that either...about Maria's car being there..I can not say too much about that because I don't believe we have heard that story correctly. It was the holidays and they had planned this bon fire....that doesn;t make me suspicious either. Call me stupid but I don't think Christina knew to much of anything...I anxiously await the tral.

I don't think you are stupid at all, but maybe you are romanticizing Christina and her over the top obsessive love for Cesar. You want so much to believe she is this doting, lovesick, schoolgirl of a wife. I say she isn't blinded by love, but blinded by a jealous rage instead.

She has proven herself to have a hot temper, to be aggressive, and openly confrontational to the woman who was bludgeoned in HER home, cut, burned, and buried in HER backyard (she didn't see him digging and did not smell flesh burning for days), and left there to literally smoke while they entertained HER friends and HER family. Then we are to believe she was so naive that she never knew any of it...from the very first blow which sent blood spraying all over her garage that she was helping to paint (and on someone's clothing which must have been washed and don't forget the bloody tennis shoe left on the stoop) to the digging of the "pit" which if you noticed after they had the fire...there was not a hole dug down for the "fence" they burned.

You are saying this girl was dumber than a box of rocks and oblivious to her surroundings. I can't forget she is an active Marine. They have certain requirements to be a Marine. Stupidity doesn't pass muster to get into the Corp last time I checked.

The Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) is a multiple choice test, administered by the United States Military Entrance Processing Command, used to determine qualification for enlistment in the United States armed forces.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASVAB

(if you can't pass the ASVAB, you are a danger to yourself and everyone around you)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Reference_desk_archive/Science/2006_June_25

Hypothetically speaking, IF she dealt the final blow and IF is covering for her (and added to his criminal charges by being a fugitive on the run), IF she turned states evidence and testified against him, what kind of sentence would be handed down on her?

Re-reading, that sounds kinda stupid, but does it make sense? :waitasec:

No, it makes sense BM. I know, somehow this has become very twisted indeed!

SS, thank you for linking to this new and awesome information. I might not have seen it otherwise.

SS, thank you for linking to this new and awesome information. I might not have seen it otherwise.
Oh!! You mean about Cesar's capture! LOL You are welcome, Gardenmom! (Thought it was a quick way to let everyone know)

Regarding Marines on jury duty: Most service members exercise the option the law allows them to register in their home of record state. This would preclude them from ever being in the jury pool... and I am not sure even if they were registered there if they would be required to serve... I suspect that they would be excused because of their affiliation with the Corps, and the same might apply for their spouses...
Even though the "jury of your peers" should be including Marines...
The important thing here is that in the event of Courts Martial, it would be enlisted Marines who would be on the panel.
Thank you for the information, Ssgtbam! Welcome to WS! :)

No Christine was way too obssesive over Ceaser to let anything get past her radar. She knew exactly where he was and when.

Steadfast, Love is blind..and in Christina's case.....it is a hundred times magnfied. I think she didn't notice anything because the painting had previously been planned..it wasn't so much f a spur of the moment thing, I don't think. The moving of the swingset and the dog...I can't say I would become suspicious abouit that either...about Maria's car being there..I can not say too much about that because I don't believe we have heard that story correctly. It was the holidays and they had planned this bon fire....that doesn;t make me suspicious either. Call me stupid but I don't think Christina knew to much of anything...I anxiously await the tral.

Thanks for the Welcome...I have been following these threads for the past three months, and one time did try to join, but for some reason it did not let me...so I have been satisfied with "lurking" in the shadows....but this particular aspect of the case I am fairly familiar with...such as the ability for the military to charge the same people with the same charges, and the military (as of last year) is able to charge with the death of the unborn in the activity which brought about the death of the mother... altho this is the case, the death penalty is Not available for that charge alone...but it is definately a possibility in the Murder charge....
I personally do not think that the civilian courts are going to relenquish the suspect for this purpose, and since the crime occurred in the civilian jurisdiction, the military will likely have to defer to the civilian authorities first, then, they may conduct the Courts Martial.
Again, thanks for the Welcome, SS!

Actually, it is not unusual for an individual to be activated in the Marine Corps from the Reserve. Rather it is only a unit that is activated for the purpose of the unit being needed as a unit. The IRR (Individual Ready Reserve) is generally what the inactive Marines are assigned to, and as such are able to be called back to active duty. I read somewhere that she had requested such an activation last year sometime, and this would be in keeping with such a request on the Marine's part. However, if she is considered to be a witness in any type of legal proceedings within the Corps, she may be recalled and placed on Legal Hold for an indefinate period of time. I am researching the UCMJ and Manual for Courts Martial to see if there are indeed charges which she can be facing through the violation of the UCMJ... will let you know what I find....

From the Marine Corps Deserter Recovery Unit website:
According to the US Code, Title 18, Part I, Chapter 67, Paragraph 1381, there are significant penalties that may be levied on those who assist deserters, as noted below:

“Whoever entices or procures, or attempts or endeavors to entice or procure any person in the Armed forces of the United States, or who has been recruited for service therein, to desert therefrom, or aids any such person in deserting or in attempting to desert from such service, or:

Whoever harbors, conceals, protects, or assists any such person who may have deserted from such service, knowing him to have deserter therefrom, or refuses to give up and deliver such person on the demand of any officer authorized to receive him:

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.”

Also...a point of interest here regarding his status as a Deserter...he would have been able to be declared a Deserter as soon as he went into Mexico because once he went into a foreign country for the purpose of being a fugitive there and residing there, he was able to be declared at that time. The circumstances do not necessarily have to be that they (the command) wait until the 31st day to change their status from UA to deserter.....

In over 10 years of posting on Message Boards this case truly is one with the most intriguing twists and turns I have ever been interested in.

So much is just lurking beneath the surface in this case.

First, I have never seen a case where so many opinions have been expressed about the possible guilt of the wife when the spouse is the suspect. I am ONE of those people. I still think firmly that Christina Laurean had as much or MORE of a motive to do this.

I also find it rather unusual and unprofessional of a DA to come out in PCs and comment about private information he has learned about the case. It was totally unnecessary to disclose all of CSLs "poor pitiful me" thoughts. Or did Hudson think it was necessary that the potential jury pool sees the key witness as a downtrodden damsel in distress hoping that it bolsters her creditability. They seem to bless everything she does yet there she secretly sat for hours and hours talking to the fugitive that everyone was looking for.... I find their motive as trying to polish the golden egg very obvious and it convinces me that they need this woman to testify in this case, at all cost. That also leads me to believe the case is not as solid as they have led us to believe. She has about as much credibility and character as the Couey family scumbags who didn't tell LE about him either.:furious:

Also why stack charges on a solid first degree murder case that they absolutely think can be proven BARD knowing it would yield LWOP? Something is amiss in this case.

I do think they have uncovered plenty of evidence that pertains to the aftermath and cover up but that doesn't prove the murder case.

I think Christina knew and had known for awhile that Laurean did love Maria. I think she trapped this guy when he was merely 18 years old and still a kid. He married her out of duty imo and that is why she couldn't keep him from straying.

The very words of "I loved her" and his utterance of "Proof" shows there are many things we do not know about this case or the relationship between CAL and CSL and CAL and ML imo.

imoo

Well, if Christina and Cesar had previously planned to paint the very walls where Maria's blood would show up and had planned to build a fire pit and have a bonfire in the very area that Maria's body would be buried. And they had planned beforehand to do those things at a time that happened to be just after Maria was murdered, I'd say the crime was premeditated by both of them.

Also, Christina helped with the painting. They were painting over blood stains. She must have been looking directly at the wall she was painting. So how did she not see the blood stains?

Thanks for the Welcome...I have been following these threads for the past three months, and one time did try to join, but for some reason it did not let me...so I have been satisfied with "lurking" in the shadows....but this particular aspect of the case I am fairly familiar with...such as the ability for the military to charge the same people with the same charges, and the military (as of last year) is able to charge with the death of the unborn in the activity which brought about the death of the mother... altho this is the case, the death penalty is Not available for that charge alone...but it is definately a possibility in the Murder charge....
I personally do not think that the civilian courts are going to relenquish the suspect for this purpose, and since the crime occurred in the civilian jurisdiction, the military will likely have to defer to the civilian authorities first, then, they may conduct the Courts Martial.
Again, thanks for the Welcome, SS!

Welcome, SSgt! Thanks for the insight. After the PC there was an interview with a female prosecutor (not affiliated with the case) who mentioned the possibility of the USMC charging with the death of the baby, after the civilian trial, and possibly thereby bringing the DP to the table, since NC obviously cannot. However, you are saying this isn't possible. I didn't think they would/could but I had hoped. :mad: Oh, well. Hopefully, some kind of justice will be served.

However, I suspect that it would be a necessity to have a change of venue, although, not sure where that should be since the press has been wide spread... but I run into people all the time that have never heard of the case, or certainly have not heard anything since they found the Vics, so I reckon that they would be able to find a pool of jurists who also have not followed the case as much as this fine group of Sleuths!

Me too, SSgt. I mentioned this case to my family and coworkers, particularly at the start when Maria went missing and I was surprised how many people looked at me with a blank stare and had no idea what I was talking about! I wanted to scream, "don't you people ever watch the news!" At least I knew I could come here because WS's are on TOP of everything!

I don't think there will be any trials. I think he will confess to avoid a military trial and risk the death penalty in a military court. I don't think the military will want the details and drama of a trial.

In over 10 years of posting on Message Boards this case truly is one with the most intriguing twists and turns I have ever been interested in.

First, I have never seen a case where so many opinions have been expressed about the possible guilt of the wife when the spouse is the suspect. I am ONE of those people. I still think firmly that Christina Laurean had as much or MORE of a motive to do this.

I also find it rather unusual and unprofessional of a DA to come out in PCs and comment about private information he has learned about the case. It was totally unnecessary to disclose all of CSLs "poor pitiful me" thoughts. Or did Hudson think it was necessary that the potential jury pool sees the key witness as a downtrodden damsel in distress hoping that it bolsters her creditability. They seem to bless everything she does yet there she secretly sat for hours and hours talking to the fugitive that everyone was looking for.... I find their motive as trying to polish the golden egg very obvious and it convinces me that they need this woman to testify in this case, at all cost. That also leads me to believe the case is not as solid as they have led us to believe. She has about as much credibility and character as the Couey family scumbags who didn't tell LE about him either.:furious:

Also why stack charges on a solid first degree murder case that they absolutely think can be proven BARD knowing it would yield LWOP? Something is amiss in this case.

I do think they have uncovered plenty of evidence that pertains to the aftermath and cover up but that doesn't prove the murder case.

I think Christina knew and had known for awhile that Laurean did love Maria. I think she trapped this guy when he was merely 18 years old and still a kid. He married her out of duty imo and that is why she couldn't keep him from straying.

The very words of "I loved her" and his utterance of "Proof" shows there are many things we do not know about this case or the relationship between CAL and CSL and CAL and ML imo.

imoo

Good points. And she does not have to testify against her husband so they must be very careful with her. They could also turn on each other and each say the other did it leaving it hard to convict either one. The bottom line is did he stray or was it rape?

I don't think you are stupid at all, but maybe you are romanticizing Christina and her over the top obsessive love for Cesar. You want so much to believe she is this doting, lovesick, schoolgirl of a wife. I say she isn't blinded by love, but blinded by a jealous rage instead.

She has proven herself to have a hot temper, to be aggressive, and openly confrontational to the woman who was bludgeoned in HER home, cut, burned, and buried in HER backyard (she didn't see him digging and did not smell flesh burning for days), and left there to literally smoke while they entertained HER friends and HER family. Then we are to believe she was so naive that she never knew any of it...from the very first blow which sent blood spraying all over her garage that she was helping to paint (and on someone's clothing which must have been washed and don't forget the bloody tennis shoe left on the stoop) to the digging of the "pit" which if you noticed after they had the fire...there was not a hole dug down for the "fence" they burned.

You are saying this girl was dumber than a box of rocks and oblivious to her surroundings. I can't forget she is an active Marine. They have certain requirements to be a Marine. Stupidity doesn't pass muster to get into the Corp last time I checked.

The Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) is a multiple choice test, administered by the United States Military Entrance Processing Command, used to determine qualification for enlistment in the United States armed forces.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASVAB

(if you can't pass the ASVAB, you are a danger to yourself and everyone around you)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Reference_desk_archive/Science/2006_June_25
Very excellent post, SS :clap: :clap: :clap: and I agree that she'd have to be totally brainless to not have known anything, in fact as you said, she's the one who showed hostility toward Maria. So the problem seems to be with why the DA believes she wasn't involved.

imoo
So good to see you again, Ocean! :) I too think there's a lot we don't know and I have issues with the DA's comments. How can he be SO sure? Or is he trying to make her look like a saint for the potential jurors so they'll believe that CL acted alone in killing Maria? This last part you posted is something I think will be a key part of his defense. Despite his note that said Maria killed herself, I wonder if his defense is going to be that his wife had as much motive to kill Maria as the state believes he did?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back