SUSPECT: Jonathan David Drew

I knew Jonathan Drew from Seabrook. He lived there in the late 80's with his parents. The neighbor he is accused of raping was from when he lived there. So in reality, his attack of Tina Flood was not that far from home as he was extremely familiar with that area.

You knew him? Can I ask you for more details about anything you know about him? You can PM me if you'd like.

It's possible that Drew may have left his victims in various fields throughout Galveston County. Shortly after Tina's murder, I met a wrecker driver who told me that Drew had called him on more than one occasion after getting stuck in an isolated field. These calls had come from various locations and had all happened around 2-3 am. He did call LE to report this. I hope those areas were subsequently searched, but I have no way of knowing.

It's possible that Drew may have left his victims in various fields throughout Galveston County. Shortly after Tina's murder, I met a wrecker driver who told me that Drew had called him on more than one occasion after getting stuck in an isolated field. These calls had come from various locations and had all happened around 2-3 am. He did call LE to report this. I hope those areas were subsequently searched, but I have no way of knowing.

I really would like to know the specific dates. I'd imagine wrecker companies don't keep records for very long - definitely not 15 years or more.

It kills me how much evidence is gone with each day that passes.

I really would like to know the specific dates. I'd imagine wrecker companies don't keep records for very long - definitely not 15 years or more.

It kills me how much evidence is gone with each day that passes.

I wish I knew more, but he (the driver) was a client, and he mentioned it briefly while we were waiting for a meeting to start, so it wouldn't have been appropriate to ask him questions, under the circumstances. I remember co-workers at the time saying Drew's family owned an automotive repair shop in League City - Drew's Automotive(?), and the driver worked for a wrecker service they used. The driver's last name was Dunn.

I wish I knew more, but he (the driver) was a client, and he mentioned it briefly while we were waiting for a meeting to start, so it wouldn't have been appropriate to ask him questions, under the circumstances. I remember co-workers at the time saying Drew's family owned an automotive repair shop in League City - Drew's Automotive(?), and the driver worked for a wrecker service they used. The driver's last name was Dunn.

Yeah, Drew had access to a variety of vehicles because of that repair shop. Imagine taking your car in for repairs and it being used to abduct and murder a young woman?

Thank you for the information you have provided. It does help a lot.

Drew's mother still owns the land on Calder Rd. I think she may run a business from there because I have a separate residential address for her.

I just feel like it cannot be coincidence that another potential serial killer lived on Calder Rd., mere yards from where the "Killing Fields" victims were found.

Drew is too young to have killed those victims, but I feel like he knew the person who did.

Here is a more detailed article: http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/a...d-no-evidence-to-link-man-to-other-cases.html

Authorities on Friday searched an empty lot off 28th Street in Dickinson, a field off 7th Street in San Leon and an auto mechanic's shop Drew formerly used at 114 N. Kansas in League City.

Dominic Dunn, a weekend wrecker driver, said he recalled pulling Drew's truck out of fields in the middle of the night, most recently in March.
"He never gave a reason as to why he was out there or how he got stuck," said Dunn, 30, of League City. "He was always by himself except for last time, when one of his friends was trying to pull him out and his friend got his van stuck, too. I wound up pulling him out, too.
"Other than that, he was always by himself. It's kind of spooky, being that close to somebody and knowing now - I mean, who knows what he was doing?"
He said Drew usually seemed intoxicated and even tried to start a fight.
"He has a real bad attitude," Dunn said. "I'm trying to pull him out of the mud, and he's standing there trying to fight me."

Hello,

I have been enjoying reading the posts in this thread. It seems there are some serious researchers interested in Jonathan David Drew. So I thought I would offer some insight.

The Drews lived on the same street as I did. They lived in the 1800 block of Capri Ln in Seabrook. I lived in the 1700 block. I babysat for them a handful of times. And I took piano lessons from Mrs. Bonnie Drew. The Drews attended the Baptist church near the intersection of State Highway 146 and Capri Ln.

I remember John David (that's how he was known in the neighborhood) as a quiet and somewhat strange boy who kept to himself. I frequently saw him alone, hardly ever in the company of other children. He never gave me any trouble when I would babysit him and his little brother. In fact, his brother was more of a handful than John David was. I found John David to be inquisitive and intelligent. And he minded me when I told him to do something.

Basically, I am here offering my firsthand experience with this individual. I am still in touch with the Drew's regular babysitter and may be able to enlist her help in your research. The Drews were like every other family on the block. They were friendly with neighbors and kept their house up well. Mrs. Drew is just the most uplifting piano instructor I ever had. I truly wish she did not have to see her son convicted of murder.

I liked this family a lot growing up. Although, my parents had issues with John David and his dogs after I got married and moved out, I have mainly pleasant memories of the time I spent in the Drew household.

LIV

Drew's alleged accomplice is named Jason S <modsnip>. I cannot provide a link for this because the documentation I have is on paper and it from an appeal for a new evidentiary hearing on the basis of the Doctrine of Chances in March 2006.

I don't have much information about Jason S<modsnip> yet, but I am looking.

Anyone have a membership with classmates.com?? They have tons of year books from clear lake high school, one of them is bound to have pictures of both Drew and JS, I can only guess that they went to the same school.

We can't sleuth JS without the documentation showing the allegations against him were made in court. The thing to search for is the court doc nutkin mentioned in post #31. It should be online somewhere if it's from 2006.

I have searched all over for this document and I cannot find it anywhere, the only appeal I can find is the one from 2002. :(

-Argued that Drew had attacked the alleged 2nd victim with the help of his
friend, Jason Stamper. However, on the date of the attack, Stamper was an
inmate in the Harris County Jail. Stamper was never charged in the second
crime, and the charges against Drew in that case were eventually dropped.
In his motion, Zimmermann describes those acts and others by Owmby as
"egregious prosecutorial misconduct that abrogated Mr. Drew's right to a
fair trial."

http://www.mail-archive.com/deathpenalty@lists.washlaw.edu/msg04392.html

This link doesn't contain the entire text of the appeal.

But it does have his name in it, is he allowed to be discussed?

Drew Automotive...that was the shops name. I may have a business card somewhere

Jon Drew is an evil evil person. At the time of Tinas murder his brother lived blocks away in an apt. on Nasa Rd. 1. Never liked that <modsnip> and as far as accomplicies there could be many he hung out with druggie losers.

<modsnip> I stand by my statement. Who knows what could have happened had I not been married to a 6'7" former football player he had no want to mess with. What I said about him was really too nice and anyone who knows him would agree.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back