Theories on what may have happened to Benjaman Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the welcome!

Burger King was not in a bad part of town at all. Richmond Hill is a fairly affluent area, in the three years that I lived there I never once saw a transient or witnessed any crimes. It (Burger King) is in your typical "restaurant row" right off of the exit. McDonald's, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Arby's, KFC are all grouped in that area. There is also a truckstop right across the highway. VERY busy truckstop, might I add.

K-wonder what would happen if someone didn't come back for their rig? What is the name of the truck stop and I will see if they have anyone working who was there in August 2004. Maybe getting them to put up a flyer about BK would help?

It's a TA. (Travel Centers of America.)

Their info:

4401 US Highway 17, Richmond Hill - (912) 756-3381

A flyer would be a great idea.

Lots of hotels in the immediate area as well.

Let's say for the sake of argument BK flew into Savannah in 2004...perhaps even from Denver.

I started to do a little checking and found that in 2004, AirTran was offering some KILLER deals on flights...39.00 one way for example. Well, they didn't seem to fly to and from Denver that I could see.

But it got me thinking-perhaps BK was using up frequent flyer miles or got a killer deal on a flight and thought he would go somewhere he had never been before....

One of the hottest restaurant associated leads we had at the beginning of the year was from a woman who was sure she knew him from food trade shows in Orlando. She was in the industry for 15 years and was certain she had a nodding acquaintance with him but did not know him directly. She could not recall if he had a booth or he was attending like everyone else. She remembered seeing him at more than one trade show.

What if he did travel for business? So let's go backwards and try and figure out how do we figure out what airlines were flying into Savannah from the west during the time he was missing. Then we can either kick it to FBI Bill or approach the airlines directly to check manifests if they still have them available. Did they have someone who did not come back???

Am I insane or does this seem doable??

I think your idea is doable- I just don't know what to do to help? From DIA (Denver International Airport), I have checked flights through Frontier Airlines, gotten quotes from American Airlines, gotten quotes from Southwest. I can't think of any cheap flights out of DIA at the present time. It seems like an expensive city to fly out of, IMO. One question that sticks with me is that BK could have been flying out of Denver to go to the ocean for business or pleasure, but I can't figure why no one would have reported a relative or business associate who didn't show up at the destination or come back from the trip. So far, I've searched using terms such as "missing business man" and "missing vacationer" and haven't found a single soul that seems right for BK. With the hurricane that was going through, I tried to find out if the Savannah airport was closed and couldn't find the information. I wondered if BK landed in Savannah and got caught up in a bad weather situation? Also, I want to apologize in advance for not being a fluent typist- I admire all of you for all your input, I only wish I was half as smart! :blowkiss:

I have the go ahead to get a flyer to the truck stops (El Cheapo and TA) and they will post them. Better news-the staff has been there for at least 11 years, so they might have first hand knowlege.

I thought we had a flyer already made for our boy, but I cannot find one-if someone can whip one together I will send it out...otherwise I have BEGGED SieSie to try and put one together.

Interestingly enough, and I am not trying to get too excited, the "boss" of the El Cheapo indicated that it was a good assumption that the amnesia victim would have passed through the truck stop and gone to BK to eat...she was floored that PD didn't check in with them in 2004...

It's a TA. (Travel Centers of America.)

Their info:

4401 US Highway 17, Richmond Hill - (912) 756-3381

A flyer would be a great idea.

Lots of hotels in the immediate area as well.

Nope-WS does not require typing fluency or even posting ideas that are grammatically correct, thank goodness!!!!

Thank you for checking even that much-it gives us another avenue to check into...

I think your idea is doable- I just don't know what to do to help? From DIA (Denver International Airport), I have checked flights through Frontier Airlines, gotten quotes from American Airlines, gotten quotes from Southwest. I can't think of any cheap flights out of DIA at the present time. It seems like an expensive city to fly out of, IMO. One question that sticks with me is that BK could have been flying out of Denver to go to the ocean for business or pleasure, but I can't figure why no one would have reported a relative or business associate who didn't show up at the destination or come back from the trip. So far, I've searched using terms such as "missing business man" and "missing vacationer" and haven't found a single soul that seems right for BK. With the hurricane that was going through, I tried to find out if the Savannah airport was closed and couldn't find the information. I wondered if BK landed in Savannah and got caught up in a bad weather situation? Also, I want to apologize in advance for not being a fluent typist- I admire all of you for all your input, I only wish I was half as smart! :blowkiss:

Hi All,

I have been reading about this case for awhile now and even went into my breakroom here at work to watch BK on Dr. Phil 2 weeks ago. (this is my first post on this case). My question is, other than this guy probably having a family, what about a house (mortgage payments, other debts - like car payments etc not being paid) I just find this rather odd that he hasn't been recognized at all...... What about co workers wondering where he's been???? (I know that has been mentioned in the above posts, it's just is so bizarre!!)

Believe, you have been great at following leads on this case, anything new???

chaddylex

Welcome-yes it is bizarre-where was he before 8/31/2004??????????????

It is funny-I am looking at the add for background checks and it says "they always leave a trail...where is your trail, Mr. Kyle?

Right now I am trying to get a flyer put together for the truck stops across from the site of the burger king-other than that I have nothing....:confused:

Hi All,

I have been reading about this case for awhile now and even went into my breakroom here at work to watch BK on Dr. Phil 2 weeks ago. (this is my first post on this case). My question is, other than this guy probably having a family, what about a house (mortgage payments, other debts - like car payments etc not being paid) I just find this rather odd that he hasn't been recognized at all...... What about co workers wondering where he's been???? (I know that has been mentioned in the above posts, it's just is so bizarre!!)

Believe, you have been great at following leads on this case, anything new???

chaddylex

As far as air--USAir, Delta, United, American, and Northwest all would have had flights from Denver to Savannah (I used to be a corp travel agent. :) )

I like the amtrak angle, or he may have been "riding" the rails?? You know, like Kerouac...

PS: One of the biggest food shows in the country is in Chicago. I wonder if he remembers being there?

The Americas Food and Beverage show was in Miami, FL on Aug 1, 2004. If he was part of a western region, however, he probably would have attended the Western Food Service and Hospitality Expo in Los Angeles, held August 31-Sep 1, 2004. Maybe he was supposed to go and did not make it? I have sent an email to the Savannah Visitors and Convention bureau requesting all conventions for Aug/Sep 2004. Maybe something will catch our eye. I also sent an email to the National Association of Specialty Food Trade, requesting a listing of all 2004 trade shows. Now I am off to go study for my mid-term....

As far as air--USAir, Delta, United, American, and Northwest all would have had flights from Denver to Savannah (I used to be a corp travel agent. :) )

I like the amtrak angle, or he may have been "riding" the rails?? You know, like Kerouac...

PS: One of the biggest food shows in the country is in Chicago. I wonder if he remembers being there?

The Americas Food and Beverage show was in Miami, FL on Aug 1, 2004. If he was part of a western region, however, he probably would have attended the Western Food Service and Hospitality Expo in Los Angeles, held August 31-Sep 1, 2004. Maybe he was supposed to go and did not make it? I have sent an email to the Savannah Visitors and Convention bureau requesting all conventions for Aug/Sep 2004. Maybe something will catch our eye. I also sent an email to the National Association of Specialty Food Trade, requesting a listing of all 2004 trade shows. Now I am off to go study for my mid-term....

I bow to your greatness, all of you....hard to believe this crowd (meaning WSers) cannot dig up his ID!!!!!

Since you are familiar with a travel angle, could it be plausible to think a plane may have had to cancel a connecting flight from Savannah to Miami if the hurricane at the time (Aug 2004) were creating problems with air travel? (The travel I was checking was personal and geared to the future, not for the past, thank you for giving the names of more airlines that serve or served DIA...)

Amtrak is a good idea too.

You are all really great minds~thanks for letting me be among you!

Yes, it is quite possible, but I do not know how you would determine that. Maybe by contacting SAV (Savannah Intl Airport) They may have records of that.

Since you are familiar with a travel angle, could it be plausible to think a plane may have had to cancel a connecting flight from Savannah to Miami if the hurricane at the time (Aug 2004) were creating problems with air travel? (The travel I was checking was personal and geared to the future, not for the past, thank you for giving the names of more airlines that serve or served DIA...)

Amtrak is a good idea too.

You are all really great minds~thanks for letting me be among you!

Let's say for the sake of argument BK flew into Savannah in 2004...perhaps even from Denver.

I started to do a little checking and found that in 2004, AirTran was offering some KILLER deals on flights...39.00 one way for example. Well, they didn't seem to fly to and from Denver that I could see.

But it got me thinking-perhaps BK was using up frequent flyer miles or got a killer deal on a flight and thought he would go somewhere he had never been before....

One of the hottest restaurant associated leads we had at the beginning of the year was from a woman who was sure she knew him from food trade shows in Orlando. She was in the industry for 15 years and was certain she had a nodding acquaintance with him but did not know him directly. She could not recall if he had a booth or he was attending like everyone else. She remembered seeing him at more than one trade show.

What if he did travel for business? So let's go backwards and try and figure out how do we figure out what airlines were flying into Savannah from the west during the time he was missing. Then we can either kick it to FBI Bill or approach the airlines directly to check manifests if they still have them available. Did they have someone who did not come back???

the restaurant industry is a tight community. i believe the National Restaurant Assoc. still has a monthly magazine. see if you can get his face in there. the food industry also includes, schools, hospitals, nursing homes etc... all distributors have food shows. usually 2 big ones each year. it is put on by distributors, the vendors all have booths and restaurant owners, school lunch ladies etc...come to them. GFS has an annual show in the fall in Ft. Wayne along w/ other cities.

Believe--

Did that woman say which show she was attending in Orlando? If so, we may be able to get a vendor list at least. It looks like there is an International Food Service Technology in Orlando in Feb--I will see if they had one there in 2004.

Update: The FS/Tech 2004 was in Orlando, but not until Oct.

OK- you guys got me thinkin about what would happen if you just disappeared and you had bank accounts, an apartment or house etc...so I checked for missing tenants in Denver 2004...long shot lol. BUT-I came upon this website:
http://www.colorado.gov/treasury/gcp/

It lists all of the "found money"-dormant bank accounts, tax refunds etc...OK so you have to search by last name and nothing came up under Benjaman but a 43.00 HUD refund...

HOWEVER-there is a link to search for pension money AND it lists out all of the beneficiaries by name and last known address....depending on BK's age and the pension, he would be eligible to take distribution of any pension money that might be his...so what are your thoughts? Anyone? I did a cursory check and used the companies as my guide. This might be a good place to see if we can at least see if any listed beneficiaries were reported missing or dead on the SSDI???

Did you guys know that the G-8 summit was held in June 2004 in Savannah/Sea Island!! Wherever there is a G-8 summit, there are always a TON of protesters. I know it is a 1 1.2 mths earlier, but...

http://www.piersystem.com/go/doc/586/46615/

Is there any chance he was in Atlanta for business and decided to drive to the "coast" to see the water? Atlanta is a huge convention place.

There was a comic book convention in Atlanta in late Aug, 2004. There was also a National Federation of the Blind convention in Atlanta in Aug, 2004. Interesting, especially if he had cataracts prior to his accident....

Benjaman Kyle:
Mugged. Beaten. Car stolen.
no abandoned rental car reports checked at the time.
no abandoned personal car reports found, Benjaman K
did his own search.

The gay possibility:
He could have been traveling, something happened, they
beat him up and put him next to the dumpster.
Would we ever know?

Hurricane Charley: 2004 Aug. 9 – 15
It hit Florida hard and the up the coast too.
Victim of that hurricane?

He could have been in town for a visit. a convention.
a funeral. a wedding. a reunion.
a vacation. a boating trip. a fishing trip.
I looked up Aug. 2004, Savannah, Ga and there were many conventions and groups and events then.

It was the time of the 2004 elections.
Aug. 31, Florida primary.
Aug. 30 to Sept. 2, Republican Nat’l Convention, New York
Could he have worked for a political committee? He just never showed up
for work.
Could he be part of a security team going ahead of the politicians?
But he would be missed, you would think.
Gee, and then my mind goes to a coverup.

I looked up funerals, Aug. 04, Savannah, Ga.
There was one that looked promising. The woman could have been a sister, no picture available. The obituary listed a brother that lived in Ohio.
I checked that person's name. It seems he is still living in Ohio.

The restaurant industry vendors or convention sounds like a good lead.
He did say he thought he worked in a nice restaurant and was familiar with
the appliances and design.
What would be the convention for those who design restaurants? a kind of architect firm?

Priest.? I don't know. Good to check out though.

BK could study restaurant design books or magazines or ask to go into
kitchens. The more he is around things he thinks are familar, maybe it will jog his memory.
I wish BK or his nurse or the Dr Phil show would post updates, once a month, at least.
What I do know is that there are so many people who are searching to find his identity.
So glad there is someone on this board that knows the Richmond Hill area, that is a big help.

Somewhere in one of the threads, someone stated BK spelled some words using "tre"(not sure what the words were, I have read so much) instead of "ter". My first thought is English Canada.

That was probably me. It caught my attention in his restaurant memories of Denver that he had spelled the word headquarters as such: headquartres - not once but twice. I thought maybe he had a love of English literature. :)

Somewhere in one of the threads, someone stated BK spelled some words using "tre"(not sure what the words were, I have read so much) instead of "ter". My first thought is English Canada.

Hi Snowme, I do genealogy research, and have plenty Acadian Family in Canada, and they do use "tre". I also noticed someone on the threads talking about Denmark, and in the statement that was made "tre" was there. Maybe he lived in Denver, Indiana, and may have retired to Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member